Edinburgh City

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think the SPFL were in proper and timely communication with the SFA, or whoever the individuals were who Buckie talked to. Not everyone in each organization is likely familiar with the minutiae of the new rules, especially in regards to the SPFL in how they relate to non SPFL play off contenders. The SPFL were explicit in that they warned Buckie 3 times by letter/email about the March 31st deadline, and Buckie admitted it was their fault that they missed it. I think that the SFA assumed Buckie had got their application in on time like the other potential champions, because the SPFL didn't tell them or only just realised it themselves on the day they told Buckie they were oot. 

If you think all of that lack of communication between two organisations based in the same building is more likely than my clearer simpler suggestion which seems to align with all of the statements released by both parties then fair enough, I don't think I'm going to change your mind.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If you think all of that lack of communication between two organisations based in the same building is more likely than my clearer simpler suggestion which seems to align with all of the statements released by both parties then fair enough, I don't think I'm going to change your mind.

The rules couldn't be clearer, zero ambiguity. It's like not registering a player in time, but in this case it's the whole club. It's the SPFL they had to apply to, not the SFA. If you can come up with a better explanation for why the SFA withdrew their offer of derogation of 3 criteria and a May deadline for the 4th, securing a club doctor, at 5.30 pm, 2 days before the EK playoff first leg, then I'd be interested to hear it.

Candidate Clubs will be required to have a Bronze Standard Scottish FA Club Licence by 31 March 2024 or have secured a waiver, relaxation or period of grace by application to the SPFL Board.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think the SPFL were in proper and timely communication with the SFA, or whoever the individuals were who Buckie talked to. Not everyone in each organization is likely familiar with the minutiae of the new rules, especially in regards to the SPFL in how they relate to non SPFL play off contenders. The SPFL were explicit in that they warned Buckie 3 times by letter/email about the March 31st deadline, and Buckie admitted it was their fault that they missed it. I think that the SFA assumed Buckie had got their application in on time like the other potential champions, because the SPFL didn't tell them or only just realised it themselves on the day they told Buckie they were oot. 

maybe the e-mails ended up in Dundee's in-box... 

1 hour ago, Jordi1977 said:

Oooft... that could almost be a fanzine....

More laughs than The Thistle. Mind you, so does Michael Macintyre.

16 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How do yous think Edinburgh will cope in L2. Where is the realistic target?

2nd bottom... 

Hopefully we'll compete but after this season my expectations have been reduced. The manager seems up for it though. I quite fancy your mob to do well depending on summer transfers.

17 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How do yous think Edinburgh will cope in L2. Where is the realistic target?

We'll be favourites to finish bottom but if he gets an even slightly competitive budget I think the manager has enough about him to get us aiming for the good playoffs. 

Obviously hard to say as we'll need an almost entirely new squad.

Some people saying we'll hear this week about whether our derogation request has been approved and that it should be absolutely fine.

Some people saying Stranraer and EK have been told not to worry too much about the playoff final result as they'll both be in SPFL 2 next season. One as playoff winner, the other replacing us.

I guess at some point we'll find out.

For what it's worth I've no idea either way but have heard the second rumour from a few folk these last few days.

9 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Some people saying we'll hear this week about whether our derogation request has been approved and that it should be absolutely fine.

Some people saying Stranraer and EK have been told not to worry too much about the playoff final result as they'll both be in SPFL 2 next season. One as playoff winner, the other replacing us.

I guess at some point we'll find out.

For what it's worth I've no idea either way but have heard the second rumour from a few folk these last few days.

Same here Ally. 

The latter rumour outweighs the first one. The silence from the club  is deafening.  The statement put out the other week is all hope and nothing concrete. Same old crap every post/pre-season when it comes to this club, hope, then let down, then a bit of hope, then disaster, then try and paper over a few cracks, then maybe a tiny bit of hope again, then another let down. Continuous cycle over the last 7 years since Jah stepped down as Chairman.

I've never known such a completely unhinged football club in my 37 years of existence.

The rush to go back to Meadowbank(which we were all guilty of wanting) has destroyed us, Edinburgh Leisure are doing their best to destroy us, the SFA are, some of us have hit the self destruct button at times. 

Utter mess 

10 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

What is it in the latter rumour that is the big issue for the club?

I think it's just an extension of the press speculation last week that we wouldn't meet the licensing requirements and will be punted out the SPFL. 

5 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

I think it's just an extension of the press speculation last week that we wouldn't meet the licensing requirements and will be punted out the SPFL. 

I had wondered if the element that was causing the issue had been disclosed, or are things just a shambles behind the scenes and there is no way the club will pass.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I had wondered if the element that was causing the issue had been disclosed, or are things just a shambles behind the scenes and there is no way the club will pass.

We are being informed the latter

The newspapers, board members of other clubs and someone involved with the SFA have all said the same thing though. It's not a good look, however, hoping for a small glimmer of hope that its all nonsense and there's nothing to worry about.

Edited by Good Citizen Bad Citizen
Typo

I wonder if Airdrie, Peterhead, Kelty and Cove are similarly panicking. Oh wait, they haven't been attacked by some Daily Mail gimp looking for a cheap target. 

Anyway if it came to a vote, who would clubs rather have in the League: moneybags EK or skint EC? 

comicalali.jpg.45f0c49703cd6a883018b1504f262514.jpg

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder if Airdrie, Peterhead, Kelty and Cove are similarly panicking. Oh wait, they haven't been attacked by some Daily Mail gimp looking for a cheap target. 

Anyway if it came to a vote, who would clubs rather have in the League: moneybags EK or skint EC? 

comicalali.jpg.45f0c49703cd6a883018b1504f262514.jpg

East Kilbride 

Easily 

Other clubs don't have time for us or our so called ground.

Other clubs aren't panicking because they are a stick on to obtain Bronze in time if they haven't done already. We haven't, that's why people are worried. It wasn't the fact we are a cheap target, what was printed was the truth. None of it was fabricated to scaremonger 

11 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

East Kilbride 

Easily 

Other clubs don't have time for us or our so called ground.

Other clubs aren't panicking because they are a stick on to obtain Bronze in time if they haven't done already. We haven't, that's why people are worried. It wasn't the fact we are a cheap target, what was printed was the truth. None of it was fabricated to scaremonger 

Have you been to EK's ground... it's hardly any better