Edinburgh City

14 hours ago, Shannon said:

I think Tranent, Bo'ness and Linlithgow Rose may offer stronger competition next season as EK surely won't be able to keep all their highly paid players for another season in Lowland League? Brechin City may also have a say too.

EK have very wealthy backers, money is no object to them, so I wouldn’t bet on it.

On 18/05/2024 at 18:19, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Cmon Edinburgh pls stay up no one wants the chicken w**k in the pyramid 

In some ways I think it would be interesting to see how Kennedy does as a manager when he can’t just sign another three players in response to any slight mishaps.

Poorly, would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

In some ways I think it would be interesting to see how Kennedy does as a manager when he can’t just sign another three players in response to any slight mishaps.

Poorly, would be my guess. 

Sure. As long as he stays away from my club that's fine.

I think your conclusion is spot on too btw.

2 hours ago, To B or not B said:

EK have very wealthy backers, money is no object to them, so I wouldn’t bet on it.

Thought they moved to Raith Rovers but at least Kelty got the ground improvements done earlier before they left

Issue with Kennedy (amongst his many others) would also be working within a window. Current guy gets injured he goes out and signs a replacement, falls out with a player goes out and signs a replacement. Player he thinks is good becomes available he goes out and signs him. No matter what time of the season.

Can’t do that in SPFL so he would be severely restricted in his “management style”.
Shame eh🤪

On 17/05/2024 at 09:37, Neilly said:

Hopefully your board are a bit more clued up than this.

My hunch is Edinburgh will lose their league status very shortly due to not meeting the criteria. A pointless club who really got to League One spending beyond their means they wouldn't be missed.

If you’re going to act smart, at least get the name right. It’s Edinburgh City, if you want to watch “Edinburgh” then stick to the egg chasing 

Looking forward to revisiting this once we get the Bronze license, mainly to get it right up you 👍🏻

10 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

If you’re going to act smart, at least get the name right. It’s Edinburgh City, if you want to watch “Edinburgh” then stick to the egg chasing 

Looking forward to revisiting this once we get the Bronze license, mainly to get it right up you 👍🏻

But what IF you don't!!

On 20/05/2024 at 12:28, tamthebam said:

Anybody mentioned that cut price Cowden wannabes Kelty Hearts still don't have a bronze licence... 

Is there a doctor in the house , think that's what we need neeb, could be wrong though , half the doctors round our way don't want to see you or read out a medical journal anyway so why the f**k we need one standing doing f**k all at our games when paramedics are already there is beyond me 

20 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Is there a doctor in the house , think that's what we need neeb, could be wrong though , half the doctors round our way don't want to see you or read out a medical journal anyway so why the f**k we need one standing doing f**k all at our games when paramedics are already there is beyond me 

I was a wee bit nawty calling you cut price Cowden wannabes to be fair but getting doctors is a problem for clubs in smaller towns. We had a problem ourselves and we play in Scotland's capital FFS. 

I was at Banks O' Dee v Buckie last year and an old Buckie fan collapsed. Our pal was with us and she's a doctor.... of psychiatry. She helped the guy anyway who was amazed the Doctor was "a burd". 

What's the script with Steven Warnock, I thought he had a decent loan at yourselves the season before last and Killie had him as a wonderkid when he was coming through the ranks.

They've just released him saying they tried to get him out on loan last season but there wasn't enough interest which I find strange given his ability.

Anything bad about his loan spell with you?

Posted (edited)
On 20/05/2024 at 12:28, tamthebam said:

Anybody mentioned that cut price Cowden wannabes Kelty Hearts still don't have a bronze licence... 

They do have a suitable ground to watch football

Edited by peternapper

17 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

You won't though. I'd love it if you do by the way as it prevents the most despised club in Scottish football being promoted.

Enjoy the Lowland League though or whatever pub league you end up in.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

You won't though. I'd love it if you do by the way as it prevents the most despised club in Scottish football being promoted.

Enjoy the Lowland League though or whatever pub league you end up in.

see you in 2025-26, unless we pass you on the way up...

20 hours ago, ARF1928 said:

It's been Edinburgh City for about two minutes since your previous, stupid gimmick wore off. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's been Edinburgh City for about two minutes since your previous, stupid gimmick wore off. 

I remember when Morton were called "Morton" without needing to attach the town to their name so you can shut up for starters. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I remember when Morton were called "Morton" without needing to attach the town to their name so you can shut up for starters. 

I thought EC got a bad rap for their stadium. I was there last month and got a good seat (third row!) and a good view but fans still wanted to make a point by standing behind the goals, about as far from play as possible then moan about the view. It's not perfect and no idea if you could put some fan portacabins near the corner flags or near the dug outs on the other side. I noticed a couple of Albion regulars watched from outside the ground behind the dugouts = lost revenue lol.

Edited by SA45

3 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I thought EC got a bad rap for their stadium. I was there and got a good seat (third row!) and a good view but fans still wanted to make a point by standing behind the goals, about as far from play as possible then moan about the view. It's not perfect and no idea if you could put some fan portacabins near the corner flags or near the dug outs on the other side. I noticed a couple of Albion regulars watched from outside the ground behind the dugouts = lost revenue lol.

I wondered about that and was told that land doesn't belong to the stadium- it's the developers. (the Council must have sold it to Stewart Milne as usually buildings go up in a matter of months round here). There were some Lochend neds watching a game from there recently. 

I could climb the fence and scatter a few land mines about the place for fun I suppose. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I was a wee bit nawty calling you cut price Cowden wannabes to be fair but getting doctors is a problem for clubs in smaller towns. We had a problem ourselves and we play in Scotland's capital FFS. 

I was at Banks O' Dee v Buckie last year and an old Buckie fan collapsed. Our pal was with us and she's a doctor.... of psychiatry. She helped the guy anyway who was amazed the Doctor was "a burd". 

She's be a revelation on here 😀