Edinburgh City

17 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

What's the script with Steven Warnock, I thought he had a decent loan at yourselves the season before last and Killie had him as a wonderkid when he was coming through the ranks.

They've just released him saying they tried to get him out on loan last season but there wasn't enough interest which I find strange given his ability.

Anything bad about his loan spell with you?

That is bizarre I thought he was very good and destined for the Championship relatively comfortably (hard to say about breaking into a Premiership club's first team squad).

Attitude seemed good, was a hard worker, decent physically and lovely technique.

Very strange, hope he gets something sorted.

On 22/05/2024 at 14:08, FFC 1876 said:

What's the script with Steven Warnock, I thought he had a decent loan at yourselves the season before last and Killie had him as a wonderkid when he was coming through the ranks.

They've just released him saying they tried to get him out on loan last season but there wasn't enough interest which I find strange given his ability.

Anything bad about his loan spell with you?

Was very good for us on loan too, looked at that point like he would be playing championship at least in no time.

Seems like he just needs a club to give him a chance.

13 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Had good word we are struggling to get this licence. 

Hopefully it's all nonsense, but so many have told me it isn't 

Forgive my ignorance but what happens if you can't get licensed?

Lowland league? EOS bottom level?

1 minute ago, Only one David Marsh said:

They will be leagueless until one of the bodies (presumbly EOS) vote them in 

fucking hell, will that be the end for Edinburgh city then?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

They will be leagueless until one of the bodies (presumbly EOS) vote them in 

imo the likely outcome is EK get invited to fill the vacancy & swap places with City if they get booted from the SPFL. I'm assuming here they'll be able to keep their current entry level license.

Edited by GNU_Linux

The SPFL will make a balls up of things if City are kicked out as the Lowland League and East of Scotland League membership deadlines have passed. It's almost as if they are blissfully ignorant of the pyramid set up. 

It wouldn't be the end for City as it's hard to kill a club off but it might mean watching the Under 20s League for a season and restarting at the bottom of the EOSL.

Unless the Borders Amateur League want us... :whistle

The whole annoying thing is that three spivs have managed to piss 30 years of fan led progress, from a dog shit laden roped off pitch when I first started watching them to promotion to the Scottish League, down the shitter. Let that be a warning to you all. 

I assume if everything is done after the cut-off and EK are promoted, City would get their place in the LL. Even if it means a sham application process.

I know there's a million "What-ifs" but it would be the sensible thing to do. City are annoying but I don't want them to dissappear on the back of what happened

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

I assume if everything is done after the cut-off and EK are promoted, City would get their place in the LL. Even if it means a sham application process.

I know there's a million "What-ifs" but it would be the sensible thing to do. City are annoying but I don't want them to dissappear on the back of what happened

I was talking to an official from a LL team last night and they reckon it can't happen. Edinburgh Uni and their home baking would be saved and EK are replaced by Broxburn. 

Unless perhaps if they kick a B team out.. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I was talking to an official from a LL team last night and they reckon it can't happen. Edinburgh Uni and their home baking would be saved and EK are replaced by Broxburn. 

EOS Third Division would probably be the only option if the EOS members allowed the motion to pass assuming you lot are kicked out.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

The LL AGM is on Monday. The EoS must be soon. Officially Edinburgh University will be out of the LL and accepted to the EoSFL.

Doesn't seem like any decision to kick out Edinburgh City will be anytime soon. By the time it happens it maybe easier to just place Edinburgh City in the LL. Rather than unpick the cascade effect of removing Edinburgh University from the EoSFL and the noise from some of the WoSFL clubs that would say they should get to apply for a vacancy.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I still suspect in the event of a failure to achieve bronze licence the spfl will take a softer approach than complete expulsion

I think most people do. It's easier to give some other punishment that would all but guarantee Club 42 status, and this way no dangerous precedent is set.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I still suspect in the event of a failure to achieve bronze licence the spfl will take a softer approach than complete expulsion

It maybe would undermine their insistence on Bronze to be able to play in the SPFL.   Even a hefty points deduction would still mean a further season (or part of season) playing in L2 without Bronze. after already enjoying a years derogation.

I'm not sure what would happen if they were kicked out, my guess is application to EoS via an SGM and entry to the third.   If the SFA are involved and want EC in the LL, then perhaps they can extract concessions about going to an 18 team league.

7th June is decison day?

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

7th June is decison day?

1st July is the SPFL date to be Bronze licensed, but assuming 7th June is the last meeting of licensing committee before then?

10 hours ago, Burnieman said:

It maybe would undermine their insistence on Bronze to be able to play in the SPFL.   Even a hefty points deduction would still mean a further season (or part of season) playing in L2 without Bronze. after already enjoying a years derogation.

I

? As far as I'm aware they haven't had derogation, entry is fine for league 1 for this season 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

? As far as I'm aware they haven't had derogation, entry is fine for league 1 for this season 

All clubs in the SPFL who hold Entry level licences received derogation until 1st July 2024 to achieve Bronze.