Edinburgh City

21 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Playing a team 4 levels below you is going to be one helluva challenge. 😏

Some challenging ties for the blue Brazil I see. Anyway, if every side only plays to their own level nobody gets a glamour tie. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Some challenging ties for the blue Brazil I see. Anyway, if every side only plays to their own level nobody gets a glamour tie. 

I know you try and have a pop at Cowdenbeath at any opportunity, but you really need to try harder.  As far as I am aware, each of the a teams we face are one step below in the pyramid. Not 4.

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I know you try and have a pop at Cowdenbeath at any opportunity, but you really need to try harder.  As far as I am aware, each of the a teams we face are one step below in the pyramid. Not 4.

I'm not remotely having a pop at Cowdenbeath, I'm having a pop at you for having a pop at City's preseason opposition. Why do you care? 

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not remotely having a pop at Cowdenbeath, I'm having a pop at you for having a pop at City's preseason opposition. Why do you care? 

Are you the only one that’s allowed to flit about almost every sub-forum and comment about other teams that have nothing to do with you? Sorry, missed that you were in charge.

At least I have the excuse that EC are very local to me and I did pay into a few of their games last season.

I stand by my slightly tongue in cheek comment that for Edinburgh City to play a team 4 tiers below them, even in a pre season friendly, is a bit odd. 

Meadowbank Thistle used to play AVU Amateurs every year as their warm up game. The team that finished runners up in Division 1 beat them 22-0 (I was there...!)

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I like the look of the Shotts Bon Accord v Cowdenbeath game.

Wonder if they'll have a flute band.

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I like the look of the Shotts Bon Accord v Cowdenbeath game.

Wonder if they'll have a flute band.

Cowden? Well their chairman might be handy with a Lambeg

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Meadowbank Thistle used to play AVU Amateurs every year as their warm up game. The team that finished runners up in Division 1 beat them 22-0 (I was there...!)

Didn't AVU sponsor MT

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Didn't AVU sponsor MT

Not that I remember but you might go further back than me... :P

A few years back when Leith Ath were playing at the 3G pitch at Peffermill there was an ammies game on another other pitch which was abandoned by the ref (who'd had enough of the pagars apparently). One of the teams, to my delight, was AVU who were still going. 

20 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Didn't AVU sponsor MT

Don't think AVU ever did, but as all things Edinburgh involves a good acronym, they were sponsored for a while by AEA that you may be thinking off?

On 17/06/2024 at 12:10, welshbairn said:

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I'd put a few quid on Dunbar.

3 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Don't think AVU ever did, but as all things Edinburgh involves a good acronym, they were sponsored for a while by AEA that you may be thinking off?

Your  right it was them

Edited by cowdenbeath

52 minutes ago, peternapper said:

With the fixtures now out and City included presume some agreement has been reached to include you in the league?

They probably painted a one person standing section in the stand to take it up to 500.

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Do you genuinely have 1 player signed? 

I know one new player who has definitely signed, but nothing announced by EC, they don’t seem to do communication with fans, he was playing in a bounce game at Broxburn last night against Gala.  I am sure they must have signed a bunch more, just not announced anything.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They probably painted a one person standing section in the stand to take it up to 500.

It's the new, executive seat- very handy for watching our defence

bog.thumb.jpg.a6f67474064c02a86edb62aef2049487.jpg