4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Raeburn Place, Stockbridge.

Well-heeled surroundings. Current ground's a dump:

http://scottishclubrugby.org.uk/edinburghaccies.htm

edinburghaccies1.jpg

Protracted redevelopment plans were long frustrated by local opposition:

http://www.edinburghaccies.com/news/raeburn-place-development

raeburn_place.jpg.jpeg

Come to think about it i've walked past there. Couldn't imagine Stockbridge types wanting ruffian football fans in their area:lol:

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Come to think about it i've walked past there. Couldn't imagine Stockbridge types wanting ruffian football fans in their area:lol:

especially the terrible City ruffian football fan that lives not too far away....! :P

1 minute ago, scrooge1928 said:

Two Stockbridge ruffians now and looking to recruit more.
As pointed out on another thread, until about 1975 Stockbridge was quite a dodgy area. There are a few streets yet which are a bit rough.

Never knew that Scrooge although I was just a bairn in 1975:lol: Is there anything in this re City?

As pointed out on another thread, until about 1975 Stockbridge was quite a dodgy area. There are a few streets yet which are a bit rough.

Aye.I was in Henris for some artizan cheese and some ruffians mocked my mustard cords and deerstalker.

On 13/12/2016 at 22:35, scrooge1928 said:

Speaking of Ruffians.....

No Edinburgh City Fanzine now until 7 January 2017, as that's when our next home game against Arbroath at Meadowbank is taking place. (The Smokies have come round again quite quick haven't they?) If any Arbroath fans are watching - can you bring down a Steak and Black Pudding Pie with you for me? (wiling to barter). I was short-changed at the Gayfield kiosk. i.e. My 2 slices of black pudding were missing from my pie when I got back to my seat. Gutted!

Hold the front page, "Free Blobby Biscuits"? It can't be true?

PS. I know Gordon, It's not 'another fine mess', it's, 'another nice mess'. Read Page 11.

Edited by Mr Blobby

2 minutes ago, lowenan said:

Only an away match against Berwick to finish the first half of the season. You've then played everyone home and away. Would you call the Berwick games your derby this season?

Berwick claim it as a derby although Cowden is closest to them.

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

Only an away match against Berwick to finish the first half of the season. You've then played everyone home and away. Would you call the Berwick games your derby this season?

City v Spartans will always be THE derby to me but seeing as the Ainslie Arseholes are a tuppenny ha'penny club who can't get promoted to the League it will just have to be Berwick this season. Berwick-upon-Tweed is 60 miles from Edinburgh though- Cowdenbeath and Stirling are nearer.

Berwick Rangers didn't join the Scottish League until 1951- 21 years after Edinburgh City did. Wee diddy non-League upstarts.... ;) 

Nice break for Edinburgh City now until the Berwick Rangers game on New Year's Eve. In the second half of the season our co-ed will be giving us her views in a new feature called, Head to Head. First up will be Andrew Stobie v Calum Antell. No sooner had we sponsored Calum before the 1-0 home defeat to Montrose on 17 September, he then proceeded to have a bit of a howler in the goalmouth area with a fumble in the 61st minute. To recap:  A Webster free kick on the edge of the City box, after a needless foul by McConnell, was deflected up into the path of Gary Fraser who's header was initially blocked by Calum, only for him to drop the ball right at the feet of Fraser who fired home the rebound into the roof of the net. Previously to that faux pas, Calum had actually kept City in the game when he saved a fierce volley from Fraser. 

Cue the next game away to Annan Athletic at Galabank on 24th September and Calum is dropped in favour of Andrew Stobie. Andrew puts in a good shift and the resulting 1-1 draw sets Edinburgh City up nicely for the next thrilling 3-3 home game with Arbroath which had both sets of fans signing throughout the entire match with Andrew again between the sticks. Two narrow home defeats at Meadowbank to Elgin City (1-2) and Clyde (0-1) still sees Andrew keep his place and then the current unbeaten League 2 run begins coupled with two Scottish Cup ties, which went to replays, sandwiched in between - The first cup tie resulting in City's first 1-0 victory of the season away to Forfar and the second ending in a rather limp 1-0 defeat to East Fife at Meadowbank. 

Gary Jardine was quoted as saying he would have given Calum another chance in goal but with Andrew Stobie in such fine form, it was a difficult call to make. Personally and with hindsight, I thought Calum could have been brought in for that Scottish Cup 3rd round replay with East Fife at Meadowbank but then again wouldn't that have been a big ask? -Trying to keep the team in the Scottish Cup with a plumb tie with Livingston in the next round. Maybe so.

Anyway, notepads are at the ready for Berwick Rangers v Edinburgh City on New Year's Eve. (And not a mention of Mr Blobby. That must be a first for me)

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

In the second half of the season our co-ed will be giving us her views in a new feature called, Head to Head.

Now there's a misleading headline if ever I saw one...

Meadowbank Thistle's New Year's Day match was usually Berwick away. Couldn't play at home as the Stadium was in use for the Skol Sprint. I think we played Cowdenbeath a couple of times, presumably when Berwick were in a different division.

I remember one New Year match at Berwick when it was still legal to bring alcohol into the ground, when somebody handed me a can of lager which unknown to me they had been shaking for about fifteen minutes. I swear when I opened it the spray cleared the front three rows of the stand and the track beside the pitch and just failed to reach the touchline. A young copper walking past nearly pissed himself laughing.

I remember going to Forfar on New Year's Day and discovering there was f*ck all to do in Forfar in New Year's Day. There was also a New Year's trip to Stirling Albion's Annfield in a howling gale on the old plastic- the game finished 0-0.

On 22/12/2016 at 18:46, AllyMonc said:

Looks like we've sacked the entirety of the U20's staff https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1700149896964395&id=1604768733169179 anyone got an idea what's gone on?

Looks like a complete overhaul. The under 20s weren't performing. Also there's diddy clubs(Spartans) with a much better youth system then we have. I think the club are just starting over again with a complete clearout. Not a single under 20 I'd ready to make the step up to the first team and that needs to change because if we get an injury crisis or suspensions we'll need some of the young uns to step up to the plate. I've gone and watched the under 20s a couple of times this season and trust me this needed to be done. Do feel for the staff released though because the ones I've met especially what was the under 20s head coach was a genuinely nice bloke . 

Looks like a complete overhaul. The under 20s weren't performing. Also there's diddy clubs(Spartans) with a much better youth system then we have. I think the club are just starting over again with a complete clearout. Not a single under 20 I'd ready to make the step up to the first team and that needs to change because if we get an injury crisis or suspensions we'll need some of the young uns to step up to the plate. I've gone and watched the under 20s a couple of times this season and trust me this needed to be done. Do feel for the staff released though because the ones I've met especially what was the under 20s head coach was a genuinely nice bloke . 

Cheers for the info ecfcnorthfield. I've not been along to watch he U20s but going by results the club needed to do something. I do feel for those released but football is like that sometimes.

Delighted to see us hold on to 7th place after yesterday's run of fixtures. Goodness me it's tight though.