Edinburgh City

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't really see the problem if Mr B is a "new" fan, after all isn't that the point of them going up to the SPFL trying to attract new fans.

Edited to add just seen his post above!

I think 'upfront''s a troll to be honest. He's only made 10 posts in his entire lifetime. Not to say that his point isn't valid however. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Upfront could have asked politely, "Where have you been for the last 10 years Mr Blobby?" for instance. And I could have replied, "I've been working as the publicist and media correspondent for the naked rambler but now that he's retired I've now got some spare time on my hands". 

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't really see the problem if Mr B is a "new" fan, after all isn't that the point of them going up to the SPFL trying to attract new fans.

Edited to add just seen his post above!

I'm just wondering where all these fans have been over the years. 

There was a time when TTB and scrooge were the only City nuisances on p&b (sorry lads :D

Whilst some of the posts on this thread are entertaining and knowledgeable I have sometimes wondered if this was a Meadowbank Thistle thread.

Keep up the good work City, yous are certainly having the last laugh (so far)  at all the halfwits that had yous back in the LL before Christmas. 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

There was a time when TTB and scrooge were the only City nuisances on p&b (sorry lads :D

Whilst some of the posts on this thread are entertaining and knowledgeable I have sometimes wondered if this was a Meadowbank Thistle thread.

Keep up the good work City, yous are certainly having the last laugh (so far)  at all the halfwits that had yous back in the LL before Christmas. 

Its quite good that they have picked up new supporters along the way.

Here's the fuller article from the Sun. It's on Page 51. Ton join chase for Ousman by Jim Scott. "Edinburgh City face a battle to hold on to Ousman see in the transfer window. Championship side Morton are the latest club to show an interest in the 22-year-old striker.  See joined The Citizens in 2015 from Lowland League outfit Selkirk. He has scored 7 goals for the SPFL new boys this season, with League 2 rivals Forfar and Arbroath also known admirers. See is under contract with City until the end of next season and manager Gary Jardine is keen to hold on to him. He said, 'Ouzy has done well for us in senior football and he is definitely in my plans for the second half of the season.'  Arbroath boss Dick Campbell is looking to bolster his side's push for promotion to League 1 by securing the services of on-loan Dundee striker Josh Skelly until the end of the season. His loan deal ends next month.........."

Tbh sun level journalism had probably found an interview with campbell/bolan saying something like 'see is a threat up front so we'll need to be on our toes' and they will have him just about signing.

20 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Meadowbank Thistle is a good comparison to make with Edinburgh City. In fact it's the best comparison we have to offer. From its inception in 1974 at the stadium, it took almost 10 years before the Meadowbank Thistle fans really started to get themselves established and organised by way of any decent supporter numbers. If Edinburgh City are to survive this year in League 2 and then go on to hold their own in the SPFL in future years, then the general consensus of opinion is that it will take 10 years to grow a similar sound fan base for Edinburgh City FC. That's going to take a lot of hard graft and commitment and convincing the people of Meadowbank and the surrounding areas to 'follow follow the Citizens' will be a lifetime achievement for some. 

The good news is that we don't have to reinvent the wheel. All the tools are there already and it was sent to us by The Fan Experience Company at the beginning of the season in various downloads which are used by the FA and WFA and other organisations.

Edited by Mr Blobby

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yes, I'm guilty of this. I have to keep reminding myself that Meadowbank are not the forerunners of Edinburgh City; they're actually the forerunners of the West Lothian Scum. Of course Mr Blobby doesn't help by publishing reviews of the old Thistle fanzines!

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yes, I'm guilty of this. I have to keep reminding myself that Meadowbank are not the forerunners of Edinburgh City; they're actually the forerunners of the West Lothian Scum. Of course Mr Blobby doesn't help by publishing reviews of the old Thistle fanzines!

Posting the same message twice doesn't help either lol. And there's no delete button. 

There's only 7 AWOLs and 21 Cheers left to review. Should be able to get them out of the way in time for the start of next season. 

You may even like the Fanzine Review replacement. It's a comic strip, (The Uppin Atom) based on a young fan's obsession with the team's flawed centre forward. Craig Beattie is the manager of the fictitious Uppin Amateurs who play at a ground near Meadowbank in Falkirkshire.

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

You may even like the Fanzine Review replacement. It's a comic strip, (The Uppin Atom) based on a young fan's obsession with the team's flawed centre forward. Craig Beattie is the manager of the fictitious Uppin Amateurs who play at a ground near Meadowbank in Falkirkshire.

Is Alick Milne drawing it?

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

Is Alick Milne drawing it?

Haha. I wish. No, it's all done by computer these days. Remarkable how much Ann Fudge, the new owner of Uppin Amateurs FC and the landlady of the Uppin Arms in Falkirkshire, bears such a striking resemblance to the Hearts chairwoman. With all this speculation in the transfer market at Edinburgh City at the moment over Josh Walker and Ousman See, who would have thought Craig Beattie to be considering a role in management?

uppin arms.png

On 31/12/2016 at 00:37, tamthebam said:

I'm still waiting for him to finish the Cartoon History of Meadowbank Thistle.....! :lol:

Alick's cartoon work features in Issue 13 of the City Fanzine funnily enough. Unlucky for some.... :angel

Edited by Mr Blobby
Updated and posted on Page 53

Hold on a fornicating minute. I am told that Mr Milne was not responsible for ANY Meadowbank programme cover and that he has been able to spell 'conscious' properly since he was in Primary 4 and probably earlier. Let's nip this rumour in the copulating bud. Er, so it has been suggested.

Not been keeping up with the league for my sins (been distracted by the ongoing and seemingly never ending plight of my beloved Sunderland alongside various meanderings through the lower leagues in England in my quest to get somewhere close to finishing the 92). Seems Edinburgh are more than holding their own after a very shaky start.

Whats the massive upturn in fortunes down to then? Getting to grips with the league? Change of personnel?

The way the table looks tonight and going on current form, they seem a decent bet for a play off spot. They were worthy winners of the Lowland league last season and the terrible start seemed to indicate a big gulf in standard between the two levels ,which I don't think is healthy for your embryonic pyramid.

Hard as it may seem to fans of the clubs concerned, I think its vital that there is a churn at the lower end of the SPFL as is the case down here in England, as that not only encourages ambitious clubs outside the set up to improve but also forces the teams at the lower end of the league to raise their game. Relegation is never a nice thing, I should know having seen Sunderland relegated 7 times since I started supporting them (that may very well be 8 by the end of this season), but its essential if the league and the competition as a whole is not to stagnate.

Edited by Roker Rover