Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 minute ago, bennett said:

He never joined Rangers on a free though. 

He can't even get the "factual" part right 🤣

As much as I do like Cantwell noising Sutton up, it doesn't bode well for the coming season. Once Sutton gets rattled about something he doesn't let it lie. With him now commentating on Sky it will likely be filled with obsessive critique on Cantwell to try and get back at him. The poor viewers will be the only losers in all of this 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

He can't even get the "factual" part right 🤣

As much as I do like Cantwell noising Sutton up, it doesn't bode well for the coming season. Once Sutton gets rattled about something he doesn't let it lie. With him now commentating on Sky it will likely be filled with obsessive critique on Cantwell to try and get back at him. The poor viewers will be the only losers in all of this 

The predictable staged arguments with Boyd will see me watching the actual games and ignoring the half time punditry. 

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

The predictable staged arguments with Boyd will see me watching the actual games and ignoring the half time punditry. 

Why in the name of sanity would you ever watch that nonsense anyway? Regardless of which particular dimwits are clutching the microphones.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That whole exchange is absolutely excruciating. 

This.

Not even for what theyre saying, as both are just playing parts, but for the amount of Celtic/Rangers fans who are actually buying the wee pantomime and making Sutton/Cantwell their hero.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Not even for what theyre saying, as both are just playing parts, but for the amount of Celtic/Rangers fans who are actually buying the wee pantomime and making Sutton/Cantwell their hero.

It really is braindead stuff. It’s incredible how people are influenced so easily. 

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He really, really wasn't. If he wasn't drawing a wage from it he would (rightly) keep schtum.

He was though. The most prominent one I can remember when we played Man City under Rodgers he was sticking up for the Scottish game when they were shocked we managed to keep par with them. Plenty of others get paid to commentate on Scottish football and you just know they can barely be arsed passing comment. I say this as someone who doesn't really like him as a person tbh.

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He was though. The most prominent one I can remember when we played Man City under Rodgers he was sticking up for the Scottish game when they were shocked we managed to keep par with them. Plenty of others get paid to commentate on Scottish football and you just know they can barely be arsed passing comment. I say this as someone who doesn't really like him as a person tbh.

Sutton usually only talks up or defends Scottish football if it suits him: either to talk up Celtic or if it results in winding someone up (usually an arrogant and ignorant English pundit that has a low opinion of Scottish football).

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sutton usually only talks up or defends Scottish football if it suits him: either to talk up Celtic or if it results in winding someone up (usually an arrogant and ignorant English pundit that has a low opinion of Scottish football).

I'm not saying he wont have ulterior motives at times but having a known name in the English game who also is English sticking up for us is quite rare really.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Rangers fans think Cantwell is a "hero" because of his footballing abilities not because he's had a wee Twitter carry on with Sutton. 

19 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Rangers fans think Cantwell is a "hero" because of his footballing abilities not because he's had a wee Twitter carry on with Sutton. 

You sure? 

Plenty are singing his praises because of his social media posts and not giving Hatate some water 😂

9 minutes ago, stressball said:

You sure? 

Plenty are singing his praises because of his social media posts and not giving Hatate some water 😂

Yeah I'm sure.

Also sure some folk on Twitter fully buy into all that stuff and we could play whataboutery and find plenty of celtc fans on social media that you wouldn't say sum up the wider supports views...

Probably only Cantwell and Raskin have the goodwill to get away with this stuff right now due to when they joined. If we were to win f**k all next season nobody's gonna be laughing at Twitter antics. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

He was one of the better pundits for non old firm fixtures definitely. However, that involved a level of knowledge and research that should really be expected from all of them so possibly not going to sing his praises too much. 

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

Signing number 5 through the door. Pretty optimistic about this one.

I watched him a lot at Slavia. He was plucked form absolute obscurity and within a year was scoring goals in the Europa and Champions league. 

He's not a traditional winger but scores a lot of goals when defences are on the back foot. 

He lost his way a bit towards the end of his time at Slavia with a few big clubs sniffing about him His head was maybe turned and as a result he ended up at Brighton, then on loan to Stoke. If he can get the form back that he had in the first year at Slavia then he'll be a big player this season for Rangers, especially in Europe. If he plays like he did at the end of his time, He'll be a sub most weeks. 

24 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I watched him a lot at Slavia. He was plucked form absolute obscurity and within a year was scoring goals in the Europa and Champions league. 

He's not a traditional winger but scores a lot of goals when defences are on the back foot. 

He lost his way a bit towards the end of his time at Slavia with a few big clubs sniffing about him His head was maybe turned and as a result he ended up at Brighton, then on loan to Stoke. If he can get the form back that he had in the first year at Slavia then he'll be a big player this season for Rangers, especially in Europe. If he plays like he did at the end of his time, He'll be a sub most weeks. 

Cheers for the info!

I think I mentioned it before that Beale seems to be targeting players that have shown a lot of promise but have lost their way a bit (Cantwell and Butland). He must be confident he can get the best out of them again.