Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Hopefully celtic accept our offer and stop their no fans stance which is rather petty.

RANGERS are ready to end Old Firm away fan lockouts by extending an olive branch to Celtic.

SunSport can reveal the Light Blues are preparing to offer their Glasgow rivals 700 tickets for the first derby of the new season

The match is scheduled to take place at Ibrox on September 3, with Rangers making the first move in a bid to find a resolution to the ‘no away fans’ stand-off.

Rangers’ offer will be viewed as a positive step after fears the status quo would remain this season.

In a recent interview, Bisgrove revealed: “We’ve now sold out our season tickets again for next season which is phenomenal — 45,000.

“The away allocation opportunity for next season is in the corner of the Govan West stand, which means the maximum we can do is 700-800.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Tommydickfingers will be typing a congratulatory 

I have not a clue about him in truth, I just like pretending to type whilst reading threads to annoy the folk that look at the 

"...is typing "

😉

ETA 

just googled him.

looks shite, one good season in 2017 etc etc

Edited by TommyDickFingers

It’s good to see that Beale has been allowed to bring in his targets early in the window. Hopefully it sets us up nicely for the Champions League qualifiers.

While we have also signed a couple of experienced players, it’s also positive that we seem to be bringing in a good balance with plenty that should still have their best years ahead of them.

This season we’ve signed Butland (30), Sterling (23), Dowell (25), Sima (22), Lammers (26) and Dessers (28).

If you add in Cantwell (25) and Raskin (22), the average age of Beale’s signings is 25. We should get a good few years out most of them with decent sell on value should they perform well.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s good to see that Beale has been allowed to bring in his targets early in the window. Hopefully it sets us up nicely for the Champions League qualifiers.

While we have also signed a couple of experienced players, it’s also positive that we seem to be bringing in a good balance with plenty that should still have their best years ahead of them.

This season we’ve signed Butland (30), Sterling (23), Dowell (25), Sima (22), Lammers (26) and Dessers (28).

If you add in Cantwell (25) and Raskin (22), the average age of Beale’s signings is 25. We should get a good few years out most of them with decent sell on value should they perform well.

Fucking hilarious.  This is the club that spat the dummy because they failed to crowbar 'B' teams into the Scottish League pyramid, yet as so many seasons before they are hoovering up a succession of non-Scottish mediocrities in an attempt to challenge their sanctimonious rivals.  When exactly WILL we see a young Scottish talent establishing himself in the Rangers first team ?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Hopefully celtic accept our offer and stop their no fans stance which is rather petty.

RANGERS are ready to end Old Firm away fan lockouts by extending an olive branch to Celtic.

SunSport can reveal the Light Blues are preparing to offer their Glasgow rivals 700 tickets for the first derby of the new season

The match is scheduled to take place at Ibrox on September 3, with Rangers making the first move in a bid to find a resolution to the ‘no away fans’ stand-off.

Rangers’ offer will be viewed as a positive step after fears the status quo would remain this season.

In a recent interview, Bisgrove revealed: “We’ve now sold out our season tickets again for next season which is phenomenal — 45,000.

“The away allocation opportunity for next season is in the corner of the Govan West stand, which means the maximum we can do is 700-800.

Hopefully Celtic tell you to shove your 700 tickets up your arse 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Hopefully Celtic tell you to shove your 700 tickets up your arse 

Hopefully celtic are more receptive to Rangers offer than you were.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Fucking hilarious.  This is the club that spat the dummy because they failed to crowbar 'B' teams into the Scottish League pyramid, yet as so many seasons before they are hoovering up a succession of non-Scottish mediocrities in an attempt to challenge their sanctimonious rivals.  When exactly WILL we see a young Scottish talent establishing himself in the Rangers first team ?

I’d love us to produce more young Scottish talent that can establish themselves in the side.

One of the problems we face is trying to narrow the rather wide gulf between ourselves and Celtic at the moment. With a fan base that isn’t renowned for being patient, I fear that any chances of bleeding through any significant number of young Scottish players is just not going to happen.

We’ve had a smattering of Scottish players in the squad recently, most notably Patterson, King and McCrorie. I just feel the pressure to try and catch Celtic is too much for us to trust heavily in our youth groups.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Genuinely don't rate Dessers that highly. He won't struggle in Scotland domestically but I don't think he's got the makings of a stand out star in Europe or against Celtic

A stand out star in Europe would likely cost about 5 or 6 times what we’ve paid for Dessers and you’re unlikely to find any plying their trade in Scotland. Even Celtic’s top performers last season were miles off it at CL level.

Dessers seemed to be a good player at Europa Conference League level a couple of years ago (top scorer in the competition with 10 goals), but finding a player that could do that at CL level or even in the Europa League is probably going to be out with our price range unless you get really lucky.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

A stand out star in Europe would likely cost about 5 or 6 times what we’ve paid for Dessers and you’re unlikely to find any plying their trade in Scotland. Even Celtic’s top performers last season were miles off it at CL level.

Dessers seemed to be a good player at Europa Conference League level a couple of years ago (top scorer in the competition with 10 goals), but finding a player that could do that at CL level or even in the Europa League is probably going to be out with our price range unless you get really lucky.

I was more so meaning a 'star' by Rangers standards. There's probably not much between him and Colak I think.

I watched him quite a bit as my Mrs' family are all Feyenoord fans. They upgraded pretty quickly in Giminez and even Danilo came in as well. I don't think there's many there that feel they're missing him given they went straight onto a title

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hopefully celtic are more receptive to Rangers offer than you were.

Why would they be more receptive? Your clubs decision to reduce allocations to 700 is what caused the lockouts in the first place but that is somehow being spun as an olive branch? Very good 🤣