Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I was more so meaning a 'star' by Rangers standards. There's probably not much between him and Colak I think.

I watched him quite a bit as my Mrs' family are all Feyenoord fans. They upgraded pretty quickly in Giminez and even Danilo came in as well. I don't think there's many there that feel they're missing him given they went straight onto a title

That’s fair enough. I don’t know anything about him as a player really other than what I’ve read online. It seems like from what people are saying he will press high and become a bit of a nuisance which seems to be key to the style that Beale is going for.

We’ve also been linked with Danilo, incidentally.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s fair enough. I don’t know anything about him as a player really other than what I’ve read online. It seems like from what people are saying he will press high and become a bit of a nuisance which seems to be key to the style that Beale is going for.

We’ve also been linked with Danilo, incidentally.

Yeah that was partly why I'd mentioned Danilo really. He's like a 'fit and firing' Morelos except maybe a bit worse. The downside will be his age and limited sell on value IMO but profile alone makes the signing make some sense based on Morelos leaving and the need for a 'physical' striker domestically.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’d love us to produce more young Scottish talent that can establish themselves in the side.

One of the problems we face is trying to narrow the rather wide gulf between ourselves and Celtic at the moment. With a fan base that isn’t renowned for being patient, I fear that any chances of bleeding through any significant number of young Scottish players is just not going to happen.

We’ve had a smattering of Scottish players in the squad recently, most notably Patterson, King and McCrorie. I just feel the pressure to try and catch Celtic is too much for us to trust heavily in our youth groups.

That's a very honest answer and I commend you for it.  But the sooner that the nonsense of 'B 'teams is exploded the better; choking the progression of lower league clubs is not going to alter the map at the elite European level.

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would they be more receptive? Your clubs decision to reduce allocations to 700 is what caused the lockouts in the first place but that is somehow being spun as an olive branch? Very good 🤣

if you want 0 away fans then fair enough, hopefully celtic do the right thing and allow away fans to return.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The right thing is to restore the original allocation. 

50,000 stadium capacity. 

45,000 season tickets.

7500 celtic fans.

Square peg, round hole scenario. 

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

50,000 stadium capacity. 

45,000 season tickets.

7500 celtic fans.

Square peg, round hole scenario. 

It’s a scenario your club created mate so you need to accept the consequences of that even if it means no fans. 

Not this again. Can we not just accept that yes, Rangers instigated the reduction in the away fan allocation which led to Celtic refusing any tickets at all and be done with it?

Rangers appear willing to have some away fans in at the reduced numbers while Celtic do not. Case closed until something changes.

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a scenario your club created mate so you need to accept the consequences of that even if it means no fans. 

No fans is solely an entitled fc decision, Rangers are more than willing to be reasonable.

I think it’s perfectly acceptable for Celtic to refuse the paltry sum on the grounds of fan security and safety.

Rangers can’t even guarantee the security and safety of pundits.

Never mind the fact Rangers fans had tried to sneak a stash of weapons into Ibrox prior to us playing them…

Just suck it up and go back to the old allocation that you done away with because you got fed up watching Celtic fans celebrating in your stadium for all those years.

The older I get the harder it is to get excited over players I know nothing about however its good to see we're strengthening in key areas. I don't think we had signed anybody this time last year...

We need another striker and at least 1 other winger, hopefully get the Ecuadorian we're linked with over the line but that seems to be taking a long time I wouldn't be surprised if it fizzles out. 

15 hours ago, AJF said:

A stand out star in Europe would likely cost about 5 or 6 times what we’ve paid for Dessers and you’re unlikely to find any plying their trade in Scotland. Even Celtic’s top performers last season were miles off it at CL level.

Dessers seemed to be a good player at Europa Conference League level a couple of years ago (top scorer in the competition with 10 goals), but finding a player that could do that at CL level or even in the Europa League is probably going to be out with our price range unless you get really lucky.

Was Fuffalo no top scorer in Europa  league a few years ago. So not sure what that really means. Have you got a like for like replacement for Morelos. (But hopefully without the baggage) then not a bad bit of business. I mean the morelos of a few years ago, not last season ob. A like for like replacement there would basically mean me getting me auld boots on again. 

5 hours ago, bennett said:

No fans is solely an entitled fc decision, Rangers are more than willing to be reasonable.

You claim the history of a dead club and pretend you’re the most successful team in the world so let’s not get started on entitlement.

Secondly no fans is because your club cannot guarantee the safety of our fans, our staff and even our ex players now pundits. A situation your club created as you couldn’t take being repeatedly skelped at Ibrox and watching our fans celebrate so it has absolutely nothing to do with being entitled and everything to do with Rangers throwing their toys out of the pram and creating a situation that isn’t safe.

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"Sevco"  " reasonable" ?

I read that in a Neil Lennon voice. 

?type=og-image

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You claim the history of a dead club and pretend you’re the most successful team in the world so let’s not get started on entitlement.

Secondly no fans is because your club cannot guarantee the safety of our fans, our staff and even our ex players now pundits. A situation your club created as you couldn’t take being repeatedly skelped at Ibrox and watching our fans celebrate so it has absolutely nothing to do with being entitled and everything to do with Rangers throwing their toys out of the pram and creating a situation that isn’t safe.

celtic get offered the same allocation as every team, no away fans is solely down to them. 

Anyway it'll be nice to see the Geordies filling the Broomloan for McGregors testimonial.

Edited by bennett

3 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Was Fuffalo no top scorer in Europa  league a few years ago. So not sure what that really means. Have you got a like for like replacement for Morelos. (But hopefully without the baggage) then not a bad bit of business. I mean the morelos of a few years ago, not last season ob. A like for like replacement there would basically mean me getting me auld boots on again. 

Morelos probably falls under the category of us getting lucky in that we bought him for peanuts but he developed into a quality player. But I think it probably backs up my theory. At his peak (a few years ago as you mention), if we were to buy a player like Morelos it would've cost us a lot more than the fee we just paid for Dessers. We wouldn't have been able to afford Morelos if we were buying him then as opposed to when he was 20 years old.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

I read that in a Neil Lennon voice. 

?type=og-image

celtic get offered the same allocation as every team, no away fans is solely down to them. 

Anyway it'll be nice to see the Geordies filling the Broomloan for McGregors testimonial.

No actually they don’t. Dortmund as an example had an allocation of around 2.7k for Ibrox in your Europa League match so don’t write anymore pish please.

Rangers fucked the fixture for fans then, now and for the future. Enjoy it as it’s what you wanted and no matter how often you say it was a Celtic decision doesn’t make that true, you reduced the allocations to a point it became unsafe for fans and devalued the full fixture as a fan experience. So look at the full story and not just the part that suits your narrative

Not that it should matter to you anyway, you watch from your armchair 

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No actually they don’t. Dortmund as an example had an allocation of around 2.7k for Ibrox in your Europa League match so don’t write anymore pish please.

Rangers fucked the fixture for fans then, now and for the future. Enjoy it as it’s what you wanted and no matter how often you say it was a Celtic decision doesn’t make that true, you reduced the allocations to a point it became unsafe for fans and devalued the full fixture as a fan experience. So look at the full story and not just the part that suits your narrative

Not that it should matter to you anyway, you watch from your armchair 

The simple fact is that celtic want zero away fans, while Rangers are willing to accommodate away fans.

Time to end this tedious chat, so we should both agree to agree with my view.