Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

21 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We've had Boab winning the Scottish open, the Euros cheering us all up last night and The Open at Troon to look forward to this week.

Then it's back to Rangers just fucking up my mood constantly.

Can't wait for Goldson, Tav, Dessers and Scott Wright all lining up at Tynecastle for the opening game of the season.

For the rest of us that's just more good positive entertainment.

*The Rangers being a fuckup, not them putting a downer on your mood.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

18 hours ago, bennett said:

The Scottish FA and SPFL have today approved Rangers FC’s request to host the club’s home matches at Hampden Park, due to ongoing works at Ibrox Stadium.

The arrangement includes the club’s home matches up to Scotland’s UEFA Nations League fixture at home to Poland on September 5 and the SPFL Board has approved Rangers playing such matches away from their own Registered Ground.

As part of the agreement, Rangers have  committed to fund an accelerated pitch growth programme to ensure the Hampden surface is ready for the club’s first home game.

The SPFL have confirmed that due to the Rangers v Motherwell match in the William Hill Premiership now taking place at Hampden Park on Saturday 10 August, it has been agreed with Queen’s Park that their match against Livingston in the William Hill Championship, to be played at the City Stadium, has been moved to Friday 9 August.

As I've said on the Queen's Park thread, there is some softening of the news here. My brother is working at Ibrox (called in to help with f**k ups from another company) and he reckons you'll do well to have it all done by Christmas. They know they won't be in by September but obviously don't want to say that right now, when September comes around they can blame further delays. 

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As I've said on the Queen's Park thread, there is some softening of the news here. My brother is working at Ibrox (called in to help with f**k ups from another company) and he reckons you'll do well to have it all done by Christmas. They know they won't be in by September but obviously don't want to say that right now, when September comes around they can blame further delays. 

I take it from this, your brother doesn’t believe that the project is running behind schedule simply due to the delay in materials arriving?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I take it from this, your brother doesn’t believe that the project is running behind schedule simply due to the delay in materials arriving?

That is a big problem, yes. I'm led to believe the SFA insisted on using certain suppliers as they have criteria they'd like met to help them with bids for future tournaments and such, and some of these companies are well behind schedule. But the company he works for were not involved in the project until last week when they were called in to help fix issues so suppliers don't seem the only issue at play here.

On 14/07/2024 at 00:06, bennett said:

For once we need to show patience and stop being reactionary.

I for one am shocked, It's not like Rangers to pull the wool over folks eyes 🙄

30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I for one am shocked, It's not like Rangers to pull the wool over folks eyes 🙄

"This is the reality of the club. I had other expectations when I came in in October, I have to say."   😄

I sure hope that Sevco are paying for the use of Hampden.

On 11/07/2024 at 17:09, AJF said:

The club can confirm the continuous credit card scheme will not be in operation

That's refreshing as the previous incarnation certainly had a continuous credit card scheme to fund their playing squad.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Apparently we are now waiting on concrete. 

Playing on concrete is a very risky strategy.

Will no doubt psyche out a few opponents mind. 

Kind of guessed we might see some movement on Tavernier given that he hasn’t featured in any pre-season games thus far. There were rumours early on of a move, but to Saudi, so it seems as though there is some weight behind the rumour of him departing.

The sad part is, while I agree it’s time to move him on, we will likely be weaker without him if no replacements come in.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Kind of guessed we might see some movement on Tavernier given that he hasn’t featured in any pre-season games thus far. There were rumours early on of a move, but to Saudi, so it seems as though there is some weight behind the rumour of him departing.

The sad part is, while I agree it’s time to move him on, we will likely be weaker without him if no replacements come in.

We will be weaker without him too, he’s a goal of a head start in almost every derby these past 3 seasons. f**k knows what Trabzonspor are doing. Have they ever watched Scottish football? Lundstram, Barisic, Nat Phillips and now Tav? 😂

Is Ross Wilson involved? 🤔

Edited by Jinky67

He's been magnificent for us at times and even taking away the fact he's our penalty taker his goal involvement stats are insane, but I think now (probably last summer really) is time for him to move on. And if we can get decent cash for him then all the better. 

We need to refresh and guys like Tav and Goldson need to be moved on the same as Lundstram and Barisic were.  Sterling is a ready made replacement at RB (and Captain, if it was my choice). 

On 16/07/2024 at 11:11, The Moonster said:

Seems mental. Why did they not just take a season at Hampden like the **** did

17 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Seems mental. Why did they not just take a season at Hampden like the **** did

Probably because their fans would go ape shit? Hence why I don't think they want to say now that works will be going on till the end of the year. I don't know really, but I expect that come September there will be another statement telling of more delays, probably blaming suppliers, which would be valid. 

39 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

He's been magnificent for us at times and even taking away the fact he's our penalty taker his goal involvement stats are insane, but I think now (probably last summer really) is time for him to move on. And if we can get decent cash for him then all the better. 

We need to refresh and guys like Tav and Goldson need to be moved on the same as Lundstram and Barisic were.  Sterling is a ready made replacement at RB (and Captain, if it was my choice). 

Agree with all of this other than Sterling at right back as his replacement. I think he is a little wasted there and he is much more suited in our midfield with his combative style.

We only seen him at right back once last season mind you, but in the periods he played right and left wing, I wasn’t convinced that he’d be the person that could replicate Tavernier’s deliveries. Much better centrally, IMO.