Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

Looking forward to the sudden increase in Sudanese political protests on Saturdays in Glasgow.

Aye but what school did he really go to?

None of us will ever know how difficult it must be to flee your home and have to settle in another country.

Poor lad will be gutted when he finds out that he team he’s supported all his life, and travelled thousands of miles to be near, died in 2012.

On 5/21/2018 at 23:18, Tartantony said:

I suspect you are spot on. Until recently I had some respect for Kincy, seemed a decent guy who liked a bit of a light hearted wind up but in the past couple of months we've had the infamous match thread title referring to child abuse and now more point scoring with the flag

Looks like I find myself in the strange situation of standing shoulder to should with a Celtic player over our congratulations to the Israeli Eurovision winner:

Earlier this month, (Nir Bitton) was told by one irate Celtic supporter to leave the Glasgow club after he had congratulated Israel's successful Eurovision entry Netta Barzilai.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-star-nir-bitton-slams-12578936

55 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Looks like I find myself in the strange situation of standing shoulder to should with a Celtic player over our congratulations to the Israeli Eurovision winner:

Earlier this month, (Nir Bitton) was told by one irate Celtic supporter to leave the Glasgow club after he had congratulated Israel's successful Eurovision entry Netta Barzilai.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-star-nir-bitton-slams-12578936

Made £40 on the wee chicken lassie that night,maybe her ancestors will remember the mess the brits left after 1945.

Oh dear Kincy, I don't know why but I kinda believe that Bittons congratulations were slightly more genuine and not the same as a bitter old Rangers fan using it as a point scoring exercise on P&B.

Let me explain something to you. The disgusting reactions to a man congratulating a fellow Israeli is one of the many reasons that I won't be back at Celtic Park and will instead spend my time and money at Dumbarton. I don't just bury my head in the sand and act like my club is perfect.

You've embarrassed yourself enough with this flag thing, I think it's time to change it.

7 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

An incredibly touching story about our incredibly beautiful club:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lifelong-rangers-fan-sudan-shares-12582663

8)

That is, actually, a terrific story and exactly how the migrant/refugee process should work.  A bloke comes here through straitened circumstances, gets a job and becomes economically independent.   Everyone's a winner.

Shame on the posters who have tried to turn this young man from Sudan into some sort of Khartoum character.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Anyone know if Rangers offered Jordan Thompson a contract or straight up released him? If he's been released Rangers wouldn't be due compensation I'm sure - same goes for Hardie but heard nothing about him so far

54 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Anyone know if Rangers offered Jordan Thompson a contract or straight up released him? If he's been released Rangers wouldn't be due compensation I'm sure - same goes for Hardie but heard nothing about him so far

Hardie's contract is up and I'm sure we're not owed any comp.  I'm also sure that Thompson's contract wasn't renewed but don't know the compensation situation.  Possibly none as we didn't develop him?

Both tidy, hard-working footballers.  Fancy them both staying at Livi next season?  All parties could do worse.

13 hours ago, Forest of Dean said:

An incredibly touching story about our incredibly beautiful club:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lifelong-rangers-fan-sudan-shares-12582663

8)

Until someone posts a wiki link to the religious make up of the country, I'm keeping my powder dry.  Can't be too careful.

10 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Oh dear Kincy, I don't know why but I kinda believe that Bittons congratulations were slightly more genuine and not the same as a bitter old Rangers fan using it as a point scoring exercise on P&B.

Let me explain something to you. The disgusting reactions to a man congratulating a fellow Israeli is one of the many reasons that I won't be back at Celtic Park and will instead spend my time and money at Dumbarton. I don't just bury my head in the sand and act like my club is perfect.

You've embarrassed yourself enough with this flag thing, I think it's time to change it.

Stewart Fisher: Celtic's Nir Bitton is right - you shouldn't mix politics and football | HeraldScotland  These click bait stories should be in the terrible journalism thread tony.
The fact that it gets picked up and put on here like this one gives them more air to breath,the point scoring comes from the paper trying to manipulate the fan base.
No body lives in glasshouses.Poor Kincy fell into the manipulation.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hardie's contract is up and I'm sure we're not owed any comp.  I'm also sure that Thompson's contract wasn't renewed but don't know the compensation situation.  Possibly none as we didn't develop him?

Both tidy, hard-working footballers.  Fancy them both staying at Livi next season?  All parties could do worse.

Looks like Hopkin is away so more chance of both going to Morton