Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

We have mostly championship/league 1 journeymen, another few seasons rebuilding and remember we have virtually no retail deal, catering , sponsorships, advertising etc are also still poor. We just have to make do and top fourish would do for me.

Realism not playing it safe my learned friend.

You do not know what the retail deal is, I have heard rumours that although not as good as the club wishes it isn't as bad as the Rangers fans are greeting about. The club earns money from doing jack shit because SportsDirect have taken all the costs or producing, distributing and selling the merchandise.

Rangers have a far larger budget than Aberdeen even without the retail deal, factor in the rolling debts each year whilst Aberdeen are living within their budget and you get a huge financial advantage over Aberdeen, it's simple economics.

Thedi tried to claim Rangers wage budget is still reduced even though there were more than a few signings this and look at who you signed and also some players renewed their contracts on better deals.

The mandate from the club is very clear, they are equipping the squad with the quality that was lacking last year although your defence is still shit it isn't far off Sratchan's approach, score more than you concede. The club expects to be, firstly the best of the rest by a good margin and secondly, able to push Celtic as far as and even all the way.

Barton wasn't brought in to help the club finish in 4th position ffs.

19 hours ago, Myview said:

I think most would agree with that however that's not our concern. It's the manner on how we gave Burnley the opportunities to score. Most agreed that the back four of last season had defensive weaknesses and that was in the championship. Unless signings are made this week it may well be the case that the same players will be the back four on Saturday. Over the season I feel it wouldn't be as strong as required. 

There is sense there and we were definitely caught flat-footed for at least 2 of those goals.  However, I expected more of Barton, defensively, on Saturday.  He didn't seem to offer the protection I thought he would and he did seem to like trying to make 50 yard, Beckenbauer-esque passes.  We looked better balanced when Rossiter came on.

2 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Ragers fans claiming to be happy with not competing for the title. :1eye

Your clubs ambitions are pretty damn clear and here's what Rossiter had to say on the matter, " We want to beat every team in this league, especially Celtic with them being Rangers' main rivals."

The above is the ambition set out by the club, they want to try and win the league. The Rangers fans on here are playing the safety card by claiming their expectations are not that high. Deep down they feel that their club with the second highest budget should and will put up a title challenge by beating every one else and hopefully win or draw only to Celtic.

Just watch the Rangers fans peeps, dropping and letting the mask slip if their club is in a title challenge. Even worse if they are in 1st place by Christmas. The cnuts will become unbearable. :P

I hope we win it with a dodgy penalty on the last day of the season , f**k this playing safe nonsense . 55 is on it's way 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is sense there and we were definitely caught flat-footed for at least 2 of those goals.  However, I expected more of Barton, defensively, on Saturday.  He didn't seem to offer the protection I thought he would and he did seem to like trying to make 50 yard, Beckenbauer-esque passes.  We looked better balanced when Rossiter came on.

Agreed with your thoughts and I actually feel that the three goals were poor defending. Fans shouldn't be fooled that because it was an EPL side that's why the goals were scored. I would expect Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts at least to have exploited the same space given, as teams did last season. My main concern is we all knew the frailties of Rangers defending last season.You would expect from early last season, work on the coaching field would have been done weekly, however as late as the last match of the season a cup was lost due to very poor defending. This tells me either the players in certain positions are not good enough and/or the formation needs changed. I appreciate the season hasn't started yet but last Saturday's defensive performance to me showed no sign of improvement. 

Sell oot Saturday is b:)ck.

RANGERS first game back in the Premiership this Saturday against Hamilton has now officially sold out.

After four seasons away from the top tier of Scottish football, the Gers are back this weekend and the fans have responded in their thousands by selling out every ticket on general sale.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Sell oot Saturday is b:)ck.

RANGERS first game back in the Premiership this Saturday against Hamilton has now officially sold out.

After four seasons away from the top tier of Scottish football, the Gers are back this weekend and the fans have responded in their thousands by selling out every ticket on general sale.

The glory hunters have returned. :lol:

Here's hoping Hamilton do them over at home, just for the seethe. :)

2 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

The glory hunters have returned. :lol:

Here's hoping Hamilton do them over at home, just for the seethe. :)

If you lot start filling the piggery again then it truly is all aboot the Rangers.

RANGERS can today confirm that midfielder Jordan Thompson has joined Raith Rovers on loan until January.

The young Northern Irish midfielder joined the Gers on a two year contract after leaving Manchester United and impressing Mark Warburton while on trial last summer.

He has made three appearances for the Gers in competitive action, two last season against Dumbarton and Alloa and one this season, coming off the bench in the League Cup match against East Stirlingshire.

Last season Thompson spent time in the second half of the season on loan at Airdrieonians, making seven appearances and scoring a memorable goal from distance against Cowdenbeath in a 3-1 win.

Thompson has represented Northern Ireland at various age levels and he won the SuperCupNI Player of the Tournament in 2014.

Meanwhile, 19 year old defender David Bates has joined the Rangers Development squad on loan until January from Raith.

RANGERS can today confirm that midfielder Jordan Thompson has joined Raith Rovers on loan until January.

The young Northern Irish midfielder joined the Gers on a two year contract after leaving Manchester United and impressing Mark Warburton while on trial last summer.

He has made three appearances for the Gers in competitive action, two last season against Dumbarton and Alloa and one this season, coming off the bench in the League Cup match against East Stirlingshire.

Last season Thompson spent time in the second half of the season on loan at Airdrieonians, making seven appearances and scoring a memorable goal from distance against Cowdenbeath in a 3-1 win.

Thompson has represented Northern Ireland at various age levels and he won the SuperCupNI Player of the Tournament in 2014.

Meanwhile, 19 year old defender David Bates has joined the Rangers Development squad on loan until January from Raith.

David Bates in the opposite direction though on loan.. Is a weird one :lol:

On 05/08/2016 at 14:49, Rovers1992/1993 said:

David Bates in the opposite direction though on loan.. Is a weird one 

Looks like we're giving him an extended trial and may put a bid in for him.

RANGERS have launched a multi-million pound legal action against the club’s former directors and billionaire tycoon Mike Ashley.
The Gers allege that Charles Green, Imran Ahmad, Brian Stockbridge and Derek Llambias did not act in the business' best interests in a commercial deal with Sports Direct.
The deals include an agreement for the naming rights to Ibrox which was sold off for just £1, despite the Light Blues' believing it is worth £500,000 a year.
The Light Blues also believe that Mr Ashley unfairly benefited and assisted from the alleged negligence displayed by Mr Green and his colleagues, who are being sued in the Court of Session in Edinburgh.
The Premiership side hope to recover a total of £4,106,470.83 from the action. 
They also want a civil judge to declare the Partnership Marketing Agreement void.
The action came to light following a short hearing on Friday.
Advocate Craig Sandison QC, who was appearing on behalf of Sports Direct and Mr Ashley, succeeded in his attempt to get Rangers to disclose documents to them.
The lawyer argued that Sports Direct and Mr Ashley needed access to the documents to help them prepare for the case.
Judge Lord Boyd agreed with Mr Sandison’s submissions and allowed both Sports Direct’s and Mr Ashley’s lawyers to access the documents.
He added: “I am content to allow the motion.”
The club’s legal team believe Mr Green, Mr Ahmad and Mr Stockbridge breached their “fiduciary” duties when they negotiated the “naming rights” for Ibrox stadium.
The agreement was in existence for approximately two years but was never enacted.
The directors who negotiated the deal claim that they didn’t do anything wrong.
They say that if another company made a rival offer, Mr Ashley’s firm would have to make another offer at a competitive price to retain the rights.
The club also object to the Partnership Marketing Agreement which was agreed in 2014. This allowed Sports Direct to secure advertising space at Ibrox.
Lawyers acting for Rangers claim the advertising space was also sold for £1.
They claim that Mr Llambias agreed that the agreement with Sports Direct should go ahead.
Rangers claim that Mr Ashley “assisted” in the breach of the “fiduciary duties” owed by the directors to the club.
The individuals deny any wrong doing. The case will next call before the court sometime in the near future

7 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

Loving the methodical approach that Rangers have applied to making sure we can rid ourselves of these shite self serving contacts the rhats put in place.

Indeed.  The board are acquitting themselves well here.

1 hour ago, The Tedi said:

Superb, let`s hope that the fat slug and his sidekicks get yet another doing in court.

Loving the methodical approach that Rangers have applied to making sure we can rid ourselves of these shite self serving contacts the rhats put in place.

I actually have sympathy here.

Ashley is a despicable individual and Rangers were indeed surrounded by self-serving types in the early days of Newco.

Why "rhats" though?  What are you implying about those who established such contracts and their motivations?