England's Fans

In the last few tournaments their fans have been fairly well behaved, so I am not sure what has happened here. I suppose they will always hold on to a small amount of the bawbag element just waiting for an excuse to kick off.

By the sounds of it they have met their match this afternoon though with some equally detestable Russian bawbags.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are Rangers saying about it?

Read a story on bbc news about the English being goaded so their influence is there. Pretty soon they'll trot out a line about defending the locals against ISIS insurgents or some such pish.

Read a story on bbc news about the English being goaded so their influence is there. Pretty soon they'll trot out a line about defending the locals against ISIS insurgents or some such pish.

I've no doubt they were provoked to some extent, but then there is previous to suggest they aren't innocent victims. They have a reputation, and anyone looking for bother knows they'll find it if you find enough pissed England fans. Don't rise and just walk away.

Trouble is, you have your scrap with the locals, and then the Russians arrive to meet a bunch of fans unhappy with what they see as heavy-handed policing. It would never end well.

The video I've seen are all in the area of 2 shitty extortionate Irish bars and one English one that's equally shite. The majority of England fans are probably having a great time but for the drifting smell of tear gas.

In fairness, it is quite remarkable that both the Russians and the French police have decided to kick the shit out of someone other than the local ethnic minorities for a change.

In fairness, it is quite remarkable that both the Russians and the French police have decided to kick the shit out of someone other than the local ethnic minorities for a change.

Ethnic minorities in Marseille??

There seem to be lots of England fans acting twats but also plenty of reasonable England fans being attacked by locals and Russians.

I'm also not keen on tear gas and water cannons as repellents. Same with any weapon which affects people indiscriminately rather than targetting those who are actually looking for trouble.

Rubber bullets are the answer. Or an IRA "nutting" squad.

Archived