Admission Prices /Season Tickets Championship

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, football clubs are businesses. If Hibs have 10,000 fans willing to pay £22 per game, that's £220,000 income per game. If they lowered prices to £20, and got 11,000 per game, that would produce the same amount of income. Hibs are hoping for a successful season, and are hoping that fans will be more willing to invest in the club, by going to games.

It could also be for a competitive advantage. A lot of other fans saying they won't go because of the price. This will reduce away crowds and mean that away teams don't have as many fans behind them at ER.

As has been mentioned, Scottish fans are pathetic. If you're that bothered about ticket prices, do something about it. Rather than just moan on an Internet forum. If you want to watch your team, you can now see ticket prices well in advance of the start of the season. Budget around the games you want to go to.

That said, I like the scheme that was in place at Stenhousemuir last season, offering discounts to away fans that are season ticket holders at their own club. I genuinely believe that this is a good strategy. It encourages away fans to come, and fans of those clubs to buy season tickets at their respective clubs. If this could be adopted across Scottish football, I think season ticket sales and away crowds would improve. However, it remains to be seen how profitable this is, as a business strategy.

It's also worth noting that Hibs & Dundee Utd have large home crowds, compared to the rest of the league, so are happy to charge what they're willing to pay. The likes of Dunfermline, Raith & Falkirk, will rely heavily on away fans from Dundee Utd, Hibs & Falkirk/Dunfermline turning up, and have to set prices at a level that will bring large away supports in those games.

At the end of the day, football clubs are businesses. If Hibs have 10,000 fans willing to pay £22 per game, that's £220,000 income per game. If they lowered prices to £20, and got 11,000 per game, that would produce the same amount of income. Hibs are hoping for a successful season, and are hoping that fans will be more willing to invest in the club, by going to games.

For all my back and forth the Hibs boys here, I do actually agree with them and the above is something that's often trotted out by fans and in theory you're right, it would produce the same income but the key point here is that reducing the price by £2 is highly unlikely to bring an extra 1,000 fans through the door, especially for games against Dumbarton/Ayr. I doubt that dropping the prices to £15 would make much of a difference.

I've said before that down at Dumbarton we could let everyone in for free one week and still struggle to see our 1K home end full.  We could draw Celtic away in the cup next week and having 2,000 willing, paying fans queuing up for a ticket.  The core support need to be adhered to and if you can entice more folk in then fair enough, but pandering to the folk that come to 1 or 2 games a year when it's a big game and moan about the price of football isn't really a smart a move.

I'd be interested to see if that Stenny strategy saw any decent results.

If Hibs and Dundee Unt are going to charge the most amount for admission and Hibs are claiming to have the best facilities in the league then I would expect them to start climbing this ( http://scottishdsa.co.uk/accessible-facilities/ )league table fairly quickly for the size of these clubs it's embarrassing they sit so far down the table with limited access for less able fans.

-http://scottishdsa.co.uk/accessible-facilities/

If Hibs and Dundee Unt are going to charge the most amount for admission and Hibs are claiming to have the best facilities in the league then I would expect them to start climbing this ( http://scottishdsa.co.uk/accessible-facilities/ )league table fairly quickly for the size of these clubs it's embarrassing they sit so far down the table with limited access for less able fans.

-http://scottishdsa.co.uk/accessible-facilities/

We'll charge whatever we like, thanks.

What facilities do want for your money, shitey plastic seats?

Give me a stadium where you can move around, keep warm, get a good view, follow the atmosphere, meet your mates, stand beside your mates, or move away and stand with your father and brother.

I'm sorry but East end park or Somerset no contest from my point of view.

proper toilet block in away end considering there will be cause to open it routinely next season

It is main reason when Rangers etc came down down they got North Terracing which is normally reserved for home fans

So you were wrong then.

The club doesn't have to 'cover' anything. The reduced costs of operating the new system will more than account for the paltry 'contribution' of your twice a year charabanc of fans, whether they pay £20 at the gate or £18 in advance. And were a small handful of an already insignificant fraction of the attendees to decide to launch a laughable 'protest' about it, absolutely no one would care or probably notice.

What I meant to say us you will always get a lap discount with any fucking train you purchase. This is about football fans in general nit just my fucking club you twat. Really !!!

You could give lessons in media spinning. I could offer a rebuttal but I'll leave it to the forum members to decide whether I'm right on this. As for nobody caring if fans don't turn up and pay, I think you'll find that chairmen will care.

Black and white there is no point trying to discuss with this person. He just doesn't get it !!! See my earlier posts.

It could also be for a competitive advantage. A lot of other fans saying they won't go because of the price. This will reduce away crowds and mean that away teams don't have as many fans behind them at ER.

As has been mentioned, Scottish fans are pathetic. If you're that bothered about ticket prices, do something about it. Rather than just moan on an Internet forum. If you want to watch your team, you can now see ticket prices well in advance of the start of the season. Budget around the games you want to go to.

That said, I like the scheme that was in place at Stenhousemuir last season, offering discounts to away fans that are season ticket holders at their own club. I genuinely believe that this is a good strategy. It encourages away fans to come, and fans of those clubs to buy season tickets at their respective clubs. If this could be adopted across Scottish football, I think season ticket sales and away crowds would improve. However, it remains to be seen how profitable this is, as a business strategy.

It's also worth noting that Hibs & Dundee Utd have large home crowds, compared to the rest of the league, so are happy to charge what they're willing to pay. The likes of Dunfermline, Raith & Falkirk, will rely heavily on away fans from Dundee Utd, Hibs & Falkirk/Dunfermline turning up, and have to set prices at a level that will bring large away supports in those games.

Yes , with 11000 fans in the stadium as opposed to 10,000, would surely if the CLUB is playing well entice them to stay. More people in the ground is more revenue potential for a target 90min audience in way of lottery or half time tickets, programmes and food.

The basics is,if clubs are able to attract more fans to the ground by lowering costs enough to cover the initial reduced price, then it's a guaranteed winner for the CLUB as highlighted above. Further to this if a club has a much larger support you would hope to sell advertising space at a higher cost in the ground also. Its basic marketing.

Guest Flash

And on a f#@king train an oap will get a discount regardless of when it was bought. !!!!

OAPs are not entitled to an automatic discount on the trains. They have to pay the full adult fare unless they buy a Senior railcard for £30 a year which then allows 1/3 off most off-peak UK train fares for those over 60.

There is also an over 50s railcard issued by Scotrail which costs £15 a year and allows 20% off off-peak Scotrail fares when purchased online and 10% off if purchased at the booking office.

T&Cs apply.

We are most delighted to offer an early bird offer for away fans to purchase a ticket for both of your visits to our excellent stadium this year for just USD15. Simply call East End Park on 00234 0000 1885. Don't forget to have your credit card, bank card, mother's maiden name and name of your first pet handy to take full advantage. Refer a friend and you could win our monthly cash prize of USD146,000,000,000. COYP!

Archived