Russia going home.......

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're getting slaughtered - and rightly so - by most major newspapers, including Russian ones. Words like 'embarassing' and 'humiliating' are being banded about and there's a real worry about the state they're in with a WC only 2 years away. I can't say I agree with them being awarded the tournament, but hopefully they can get their act together as there's always a bit of downer if the host nation goes out very early.

They're getting slaughtered - and rightly so - by most major newspapers, including Russian ones. Words like 'embarassing' and 'humiliating' are being banded about and there's a real worry about the state they're in with a WC only 2 years away. I can't say I agree with them being awarded the tournament, but hopefully they can get their act together as there's always a bit of downer if the host nation goes out very early.

Tournament is going to be horrendous anyway. Going to be night and day from this one in regards to atmosphere etc (wellllll maybe there will be some fighting too...) just struggling to see how this is going to be any good at all.

Really can't see fans travelling in the same numbers. Yet to see what the host cities are but I imagine there'll be a fair few shiteholes.

I'm sure if they were humiliated again Russian fans would take it very philosophically and welcome foreign fans with open arms....

Tournament is going to be horrendous anyway. Going to be night and day from this one in regards to atmosphere etc (wellllll maybe there will be some fighting too...) just struggling to see how this is going to be any good at all.

Really can't see fans travelling in the same numbers. Yet to see what the host cities are but I imagine there'll be a fair few shiteholes.

Shitholes? Compared to where?

For the record, Moscow, St Petersburg, Kalinigrad, Kazan, Krasnodar, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Saransk, Volgograd and Sochi are the host cities.

Archived