chilcott report July 6 cook/kelly/corbyn

pawpar

Is Jeremy Corbyn hanging on as Labour leader until this date. He might know that he will lose a future Labour leadership election but will still be leader on July 6th when the report gets published perhaps ensuring that Tony Blair gets put in jail or will he meet a timely death while walking just like Robin Cook and David Kelly. :ph34r: 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt Blair will be crucified, but people saying he will be on trial really are delusional.

Exactly.

Unless Tony Blair has recently moved to a country with no extradition treaty, I think we can safely assume he has nothing to worry about. Also, am i right in thinking that the major players in the report get first sight of it?

Tony Blair also hasn't committed any war crime.

There is at most an arguable case that his regime is implicated against non-war crime violations of international law, but there is not a single court with the jurisdiction to try him or press charges against or against any part of, his government.

I'd imagine he'll do just that before completely condemning it as well.

No wonder the Blairites are trying to get rid of him before the report comes out. Would you say this is the real reason and the brexit failure is being used as an excuse?

I'll wait until the report is published before making fuller comment.

What I will say though is that I can guarantee that many here will throw around the war criminal charge without actually realising what a real war criminal is.

Blair is many things, a lying duplicitous cvnt - yes, a war criminal - no.

What I will say though is that I can guarantee that many here will throw around the war criminal charge without actually realising what a real war criminal is.

This.

Summary of report:

Mistakes were made...regrettable outcomes...lessons have been learned...no reasonable prospect of conviction.

"Were acting in good faith on the information available at the time"

and...it wisnae me, it wis him :thumsup2

Yes it's nice to see an honourable man like Corbyn in charge instead isn't it?

As I have said elsewhere I was prepared to give Corbyn a chance - the whole EU debacle though has convinced me how out of his depth he really is.

As a leader it is good that he can be honourable but it does not deflect from the fact that he is still bloody useless.

For all Blair's faults the one thing you could not accuse him of, unlike Corbyn (and even Gordon Brown) is of being a poor leader. Whether you agree with his politics or not it was always clear that Blair was leading.

Corbyn strikes me as being pretty honourable, yes.   He never wanted to be the party leader, and it's showing.  Incompetent, maybe; dishonourable, no.

Some of his Labour party colleagues, not so much.

Honourable people, however, do not make good political leaders, it would seem.

Archived