Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't mind the fishing. It does take an absolute age to reel them in but I only ever went to catch them when I wasn't arsed about doing anything else so felt it best to use that time to catch a fish.

I did have a rage quit the first time I caught one though. It was near a lighthouse and due to my standing position I was unable to get it back to my horse. It eventually fell in the water and I was of course fizzing. I'm not sure what I did though as I got another shot at it later on.

Bruh, I swear online 3 star Pronghorns just bolt for the nearest water supply so you can't collect the pelt. This has lead to a mellow rage quit on a few occasions. 

When doing the legendary fish I cast about four foot in front of me and keep doing that to the legendary fish is lured to that spot.  It takes a minute to reel in.  The one that annoyed the shit out of me was the salmon, as I kept reeling in Muskie after Muskie until I went on youtube and seen where I was meant to cast.

You can make a larger satchel which holds 99 of every item.  You need a perfect panther pelt for that.  Finally a three star panther generated down below Rhodes, it moved that fast I missed it, it started attacking me, shot it with my sidearm, and then I had a ruined corpse.  I forgot my sidearm had explosive shotgun shells as I cleared a gang hideout previous to that.

I cheated with the cigarette cards.  I just kept buying packs of smokes to get all the cards.  If you have the Legendary satchel of the west that helps.

On 28/08/2021 at 11:52, Robin.Hood said:

Fishing I havnt got one legendry yet. Frustrating. Other animals are straight forward. Panther I've seen once and I got called mauled 

Make sure you've got the right bait, otherwise they won't bite.

20 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Oh my. I didn't realise ( or read) until now. Just presumed I'd get a nibble 

Yeah if you go to the wee township at Lagras you will get special lures for lake, swamp and river. They can be used to get the premium fish.

To get the legendary fish you need the legendary lure that you get from Jeremy Gill.

Yeah if you go to the wee township at Lagras you will get special lures for lake, swamp and river. They can be used to get the premium fish.
To get the legendary fish you need the legendary lure that you get from Jeremy Gill.
That may also be where I went wrong. Completely forgot about the legendary lure

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, Loki said:

That may also be where I went wrong. Completely forgot about the legendary lure

This does not ring a bell  . However the guy name does  ring a bell 

22 hours ago, Mr X said:

Is it not the "special" lures you need? I think you unlock them by starting the legendary fish quest but there aren't "legendary" lures.

I'm confusing myself at this point!

Aye I confused myself.  You need the special lures from Lagras to catch the legendary fish.

Once you get them all and complete the side mission you get the special spinner from Jeremy Gil.  That can then be used to catch any fish in any watercourse.

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

I was definitely doing something wrong before - just went to a legendary fish spot, used the special river lure and caught it in a couple of minutes

I'm still doing something wrong then as havnt got any. Been in a fair few fights but ended up giving up as a wasn't getting anywhere it felt 

I'm still doing something wrong then as havnt got any. Been in a fair few fights but ended up giving up as a wasn't getting anywhere it felt 

It takes an age. If you're in a fight then chances are you've hooked a legendary fish. I'm talking a good 20 minutes real time. It will feel like you aren't getting anywhere but you need to persist.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It takes an age. If you're in a fight then chances are you've hooked a legendary fish. I'm talking a good 20 minutes real time. It will feel like you aren't getting anywhere but you need to persist.

A f**k. The reeling done me. Was same spot. Finger even hurting on right trigger bit haha