Ruth Davidson pokes fun at Andrea Leadsom and Boris Johnson | Politics | The Guardian

welshbairn

Wee Ruthie will never be content as an opposition politician and that is all she will ever be in Scotland.  Can't see the Tories wanting her to leave Holyrood though as she does a decent job for them.

Mind you I'd love to see her selected for a Westminster seat in a Scottish constituency then for us to vote for Independence.  The seethe would be wonderful.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Davidson said she responded: “That is great, Craig, but are you absolutely sure you want two short-haired, flat shoes, shovel-faced lesbians with northern accents?

I would really like it if either your gender or your sexuality didn’t have to be remarked upon at all.”

Hmm........

Felt the speech was pretty cringeworthy..........

.........anyhow here's the guarantee Ruth thought she'd got from Theresa (first name terms 8)) on Tuesday!

Following the Downing Street meeting, Ms Davidson told the BBC's Norman Smith: "I met with both the PM and with Theresa May afterwards to thank the PM for his work in government and also to talk to Theresa about our future work together and the way in which she, and her new government, can engage with Scotland.

"I suggested very strongly and she agreed to make sure there is constructive and positive engagement with the Scottish government it would be a real priority there. I think it is important that any PM engages in a positive manner with devolved

and here's what new Chancellor Philip Hammond has just said.

"It means that however we voted, we are part of the United Kingdom and we have democratic decisions made across the United Kingdom and we will now implement the decision that the people of the United Kingdom collectively have made to leave the European Union."

now as a Unionist that's his prerogative but it shows just how much clout Davidson and the Scottish Tories (with 1 MP at Westminster) really carry with May, less than 24 hours into the regime and it's meet the new boss, same as the old boss - Don't Get Fooled Again!

.......and with Boris the new Foreign Secretary our Ruth must be feeling a little lot less smug than on Tuesday evening.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

She got her "payment" for being Westminsters mouthpiece up here,she got a gig on the privvy council yesterday

15 minutes ago, btb said:

.......and with Boris the new Foreign Secretary our Ruth must be feeling a little lot less smug than on Tuesday evening.

No probs she has already been taken care off

Archived