New England Manager

The_Craig

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On what grounds are you basing that on?   Allardyce did exceptionally well at Bolton - and almost bankrupted them - was terribly treated at a couple of clubs, and did exactly what was expected at Sunderland.  I think it's an insane appointment by the FA.  

Allardyce didnt bankrupt them....the cost of the entire development at the reebok stadium and related facilities did. He actually brought decent revenue in with getting them into Europe. Wasnt like he brought in ronaldo n messi.....it was campo.....djourkoeff (awful spelling sorry ) jj okocha....n kevin davies.....lvg spunked far more at auld Trafford. Sadly i think its a really sensible appointment for engurland.

17 hours ago, dogmc said:

Wasnt like he brought in ronaldo n messi.....it was campo.....djourkoeff (awful spelling sorry ) jj okocha....n kevin davies.....lvg spunked far more at auld Trafford. 

:lol: 

U WOT?

Manchester United, despite being hundreds of millions in debt, not in Europe and spunking an obscene amount of money - still turn profit year on year and indeed will get out of debt one day. Just because Djorkaeff, Campo and JayJay never cost millions in transfer fees doesn't mean they weren't expensive signings for Bolton Wanderers. 

The same folk claimed West Ham fans were idiots for calling for Allardyce's head and they'll never have it so good. In swaggers the next manager and absolutely blows that theory out the water whilst playing attractive, entertaining football. 

He is a shit manager, an egotistical fud built upon being able to keep a couple of teams up. It's a terrible appointment but if the English FA are so desperate to get an English manager and pay him stupid amounts of money, who are we to complain? 

15 hours ago, Deeboy said:

The same folk claimed West Ham fans were idiots for calling for Allardyce's head and they'll never have it so good. In swaggers the next manager and absolutely blows that theory out the water whilst playing attractive, entertaining football. 

Total myth about the style of football. Bilic has set up some of his teams as negative as Allardyce ever did but gets away with it because he's bought into the 'West Am way'. He's also done it with a net spend of £60 million (which is £20 million above what Allardyce was given the previous season and £40 million the year before and £35 million before that).

I'd take Bilic over Allardyce but the whole fapping about superior playing styles is ridiculously overstated. If Allardyce wasn't English, people would be talking about his tactical flexibility and raving about his attacking wide striker style at Sunderland.

9 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

Newcastle was shit, West Ham, Blackburn were OK at best.

Everyone fails at Newcastle, and even then he wasn't that bad there, they've been relegated twice since. He's a good manager, and if the FA wanted an english manager then he's the right choice (perhaps apart from Eddie Howe although they probably don't want to ruin his career too early). He'll be an improvement on Hodgson, but then so would anyone.

Divisive a character as he is, a lot of the wind and pish surrounding him is from those who either fawn over the latest fads (Spanish/German blueprints? Geeza rest), or simply are in the huff that football remains a very simple game, which Sam brings right down to the brass tacks of the basics.

I don't agree with any of his bullet-points as a manager, whatsoever, as he simply does not believe in the footballer to create or excite, but to nullify and destroy. However, England aren't a team of ballers. St.George's Park has created the flair-free, incapable of operating without  implicit instruction, bang-average robots. Now, they have a manager who can make them work, instead of having his head in the clouds. 

Allardyce didnt bankrupt them....the cost of the entire development at the reebok stadium and related facilities did. He actually brought decent revenue in with getting them into Europe. Wasnt like he brought in ronaldo n messi.....it was campo.....djourkoeff (awful spelling sorry ) jj okocha....n kevin davies.....lvg spunked far more at auld Trafford. Sadly i think its a really sensible appointment for engurland.

Congratulations on the England job Sam. Should probably concentrate on that and spending less time on here.

I dont have a great knowledge of him, but as a vague rule ive always considered him someone who'd have a good start in a job before it falls to shit later on, and who'll demand players adapt to a tactic he thinks is best for the team.

Not convinced the egos in the England squad will be so keen. Sturridge crying about being played at right midfield sounds like a story we'll hear.

Not a gigantic fan of Allardyce but West Ham fans gave him a bit of unfair flak IMO. He stabilised a club which was yo-yoing between the top two divisions and laid a bit of foundation for Bilic.

To be honest I don't think he'll do terribly but not great either. It will basically be same old shit really.

Archived