The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Yet another ridiculous signing. If EK dont go up at this stage you've got to question the fairness of next campaign considering the amount theyve spent this year. I doesnt just disadvantage the rest of the LL, their resources far outstrip any HL team and whoever Team 42 turn out to be. For all of MK's chat of sporting integrity recently re: the B teams, it really is shocking how EK have conducted this campaign.

6 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

Has the begging bowl out for a players injury rehab but happy to fling cash at signings. No offence to the posters in here who seem decent but I'd be embarrassed.

Absolutely this.

No shame for Mick and the gang though. Promotion at all costs.

8 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Did Kelty not buy him for £30k? I doubt they would be looking for anything less than what they paid as the lad still has great promise. 

Are we entering a whole new phase of EK throwing money around.🤔

Boness claim to have got £20k for him, Paterson and Rose and I have my doubts they got that much.

Is it not about time there was some sort of FFP introduced? This lot are really taking the piss now. The chicken man and his washed money really shouldn’t be welcomed to the leagues until there’s some sort of regulation in place. 

2 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

It seems a bit silly from the outside. And i would agree with you that it is. But owners are so desperate for promotion to league that they are flinging everything at it. 

Is the issue, as an East Kilbride fan, not that you're going to get absolutely fucked by all this long term when Kennedy inevitably just dumps and runs if/when a desperate side (like Clyde) offer him a job in the hope he takes his money there?

Feels like his previous clubs are just rungs on a ladder to him, and once hes moved on he doesn't bother looking down again to see what mess hes left.

20 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Is it not about time there was some sort of FFP introduced? This lot are really taking the piss now. The chicken man and his washed money really shouldn’t be welcomed to the leagues until there’s some sort of regulation in place. 

The SFA have given up on any attempt at regulation. It’s a free for all. 

Most leagues in the world have clubs with larger financial resources than the rest of their league which they use to fund their pursuit of success. Works for some and not for others.

Kelty did it, even Spartans did it (albeit quite inconspicuously over a few years), now EK are doing it very conspicuously. It’s not how I would ideally like a team to achieve success but it’s not my call. Every team I know would like more money to build a stronger team. I’ve heard the rumours of the sources of the investment and MK’s involvement and I can see why it might not seem fair. What I don’t understand is why so many people are triggered by it?! 

I agree with a few others that it doesn’t guarantee promotion to league two. In the tier 6 playoff last season Darvel had spent loads vs Tranent who also had good players (but spent way less) were much more of a team and their cohesiveness won the playoff. Edinburgh City, Cove, Bonnyrigg and Spartans all had teams with strong team spirit and fight in their pursuit of promotion. Maybe MK thinks they need to buy players so good that they can overcome this whoever they might face (assuming they win the league). 

Edited by Grandmas Enigma

2 minutes ago, Bankie77 said:

How you meant to build team spirit with constant changing of players. Feel for the boys that will be shafted by this. 

I agree it’s very difficult to build under those circumstances. I don’t feel sorry for the players though. They chose to sign and accepted the big wages they are rumoured to get paid, so must deal with the conditions.

15 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

Most leagues in the world have clubs with larger financial resources than the rest of their league which they use to fund their pursuit of success. Works for some and not for others.

Kelty did it, even Spartans did it (albeit quite inconspicuously over a few years), now EK are doing it very conspicuously. It’s not how I would ideally like a team to achieve success but it’s not my call. Every team I know would like more money to build a stronger team. I’ve heard the rumours of the sources of the investment and MK’s involvement and I can see why it might not seem fair. What I don’t understand is why so many people are triggered by it?! 

I agree with a few others that it doesn’t guarantee promotion to league two. In the tier 6 playoff last season Darvel had spent loads vs Tranent who also had good players (but spent way less) were much more of a team and their cohesiveness won the playoff. Edinburgh City, Cove and Spartans all had teams with strong team spirit and fight in their pursuit of promotion. Maybe MK thinks they need to buy players so good that they can overcome this whoever they might face (assuming they win the league). 

The idea of FFP is to stop clubs being unsustainable as well.  Once the poultry kid fucks off (and we all know he will) EK are gubbed.  Edinburgh have shown the way, Kelty and Cove have stalled and likely the only way for them is down from here.

Some clubs will have more than others, usually through a larger fan base.  It’s far too easy for anyone with a few quid to buy success at this level in Scotland and it makes a mockery of any kind of integrity.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

The idea of FFP is to stop clubs being unsustainable as well.  Once the poultry kid fucks off (and we all know he will) EK are gubbed.  Edinburgh have shown the way, Kelty and Cove have stalled and likely the only way for them is down from here.

Some clubs will have more than others, usually through a larger fan base.  It’s far too easy for anyone with a few quid to buy success at this level in Scotland and it makes a mockery of any kind of integrity

What kind of integrity are you talking about, why does matter in this context and to whom does it matter? 

5 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

What kind of integrity are you talking about, why does matter in this context and to whom does it matter? 

I guess it matters to the fans of LL (and other) clubs.  Can’t be much fun knowing you have little to no chance of progressing when the latest rich mans toy is chucking obscene resources at winning the league.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I guess it matters to the fans of LL (and other) clubs.  Can’t be much fun knowing you have little to no chance of progressing when the latest rich mans toy is chucking obscene resources at winning the league.

If they are bothered I find that surprising. Many of the teams in the league are ‘rich’ men’s toys. How rich they are (comparably) and how willing they are to spend theirs and others money varies a lot in some cases, which is the main difference.  But it seems like the intent of the investment is similar. Only the outcome on the pitch is different. 

2 minutes ago, Grandmas Enigma said:

If they are bothered I find that surprising. Many of the teams in the league are ‘rich’ men’s toys. How rich they are (comparably) and how willing they are to spend theirs and others money varies a lot in some cases, which is the main difference.  But it seems like the intent of the investment is similar. Only the outcome on the pitch is different. 

I assume you’ve actually read stuff on this thread and others in this part of the forum.?

Supporters from all over the country are gushing in their admiration of the latest rich mans toy.  It’s an outpouring of joy not seen since chuckles got a shiny second hand hat.

What a joke outfit, how many players have they used this season? It’s almost as bad for the integrity of the league as b-teams, when you’ve got a club loaning players from 3 tiers above and signing guys at will after every poor result.

I’m sure the SPFL are rubbing their hands together at the prospect of a financially doped basket case, playing out of a 5s cage and with 50 fans joining the ranks.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I assume you’ve actually read stuff on this thread and others in this part of the forum.?

Supporters from all over the country are gushing in their admiration of the latest rich mans toy.  It’s an outpouring of joy not seen since chuckles got a shiny second hand hat.

Love that! 😀  Of course I’ve read threads. But I also realise there is a huge amount of hypocrisy flying around.