La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

On 04/02/2018 at 16:57, capybara said:

Great header from Pique . Pitch is waterlogged.

ICT v United called off due to a waterlogged pitch yet this got the go ahead!!!  The longer the game went the worse it was; quite dangerous too.

On 04/02/2018 at 17:26, lanky_ffc said:

Thought that was a strange decision from Valverde to drop Messi. I know they're miles clear in the league, but the played a weakened team away to Espanyol the other week and got punished for it. Almost the same again today. 

14 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Think it's a brilliant decision personally and delighted to see them finally looking after him.  They've won the league anyway and have a cup semi 2nd leg coming up then Chelsea.  Valverde has managed his squad excellently this season.

It’s hard to argue with Valverde’s decision making given what he has achieved to date; yet for all that the team is less enjoyable to watch this season.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

ICT v United called off due to a waterlogged pitch yet this got the go ahead!!!  The longer the game went the worse it was; quite dangerous too.

It’s hard to argue with Valverde’s decision making given what he has achieved to date; yet for all that the team is less enjoyable to watch this season.

Possibly but his job is to win trophies.  Recently we got a wee glimpse of dembele and with coutinho too they look tantalisingly good.  He is rebuilding them and with hopefully griemannz and maybe lemar next season they will be once again the most awesome attacking force in the game and jaw droppingly good to watch.

Barcelona have been the best team in the world since about February 2005, the times they have not won the big trophies have just been due to dips in form, rebuilding and transitional phases.  They are the best team on the planet at their best and have been for a long time.  Valverde is doing a tremendous job of making sure that will continue for a while yet.

23 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Possibly but his job is to win trophies.  Recently we got a wee glimpse of dembele and with coutinho too they look tantalisingly good.  He is rebuilding them and with hopefully griemannz and maybe lemar next season they will be once again the most awesome attacking force in the game and jaw droppingly good to watch.

Barcelona have been the best team in the world since about February 2005, the times they have not won the big trophies have just been due to dips in form, rebuilding and transitional phases.  They are the best team on the planet at their best and have been for a long time.  Valverde is doing a tremendous job of making sure that will continue for a while yet.

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.

I want Valverde's success and Guardiola's style.

In the few games he played before he was injured Dembele looked pish; but so did Neymar in his first few games so I'm not giving up hope.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.

I want Valverde's success and Guardiola's style.

In the few games he played before he was injured Dembele looked pish; but so did Neymar in his first few games so I'm not giving up hope.

I thought he looked good, goes past players quick and direct and clever and unselfish.

Valencia v Barcelona currently on Bein US channel.....actually in HD for me on Live Net. Decent US commentator but his geordie sidekick is horrific!! No idea who he is but giving me the cringe.

Tremendous save from Barcelona keeper to deny Valencia the equaliser.

Barcelona win 2-0 to go through 3-0 to final.

Edited by jimmy boo

One thing I find infuriating when watching Spanish games is the way the referees just completely ignore time-wasting. Watched some of the Barcelona game today, and the ball must have been out of play for about half the game - and yet the c**t with the whistle adds nothing in the first half, and only three minutes in the second.

Obviously, there's time-wasting everywhere. But it feels the rules against it are enforced less in Spain than anywhere else I've watched a football match.

On 08/02/2018 at 20:38, jimmy boo said:

Valencia v Barcelona currently on Bein US channel.....actually in HD for me on Live Net. Decent US commentator but his geordie sidekick is horrific!! No idea who he is but giving me the cringe.

I think its Ray Hudson, and you are spot on, he is utterly horrific. He gets excited about everything and his OTT descriptions of passes, half chances etc go on forever and he ends up talking all over the top of action on the pitch that would be more interesting than his pish patter.

Edited by s_dog

Barca were awful today, possibly thinking too much about Tuesday.

Eibar were unlucky not to take something from the game.  It’s easy to see from their performance why they’ve been doing so well.  Stupid act of dissent for the second yellow.

21 minutes ago, Latino Lover said:

ANyone been to rayo Vallecano before? Tempted to go to their game Saturday and do bernabau your Sunday instead of going to real game.

my mate has been and said it's a cracking stadium and enjoyed it as much as going to see Real

On 21/02/2018 at 14:23, G_Man1985 said:

Villarreal centre-back Rúben Semedo has the same number of arrests as La Liga starts this season. (3)

emoji736.png Held A Bouncer At Gunpoint
emoji736.png Nightclub Brawl
emoji736.png Kidnap & Assault

A Portuguese under 21 international too.

Pedro could have tried to sign him for Sevco.