Ayr Utd V St Mirren 27/08

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is the world buffet in Beresford Terrace any good, I fancy a post-match curry

Personally I'd walk the extra 5 to Ruper Room/Ayr India on Wellington Square/Alloway Place.

Fairly unsurprising that the match thread has went down the pub and curry route rather than focussing on the shitfest that will be occuring on the hallowed turf. Ayr to win 1-0 with a questionable penalty, dozens of St Murn fans get off the train and patiently queue up outside waiting for O'Brien's to open, and Arch Stanton to enjoy his curry.

I'm beginning to think we're going to win. We may have some players back for this, I'd like to see MacKenzie get some game time to shore up the defence somewhat. It's probably too early for Quinn though, so we may see Naismith being shunted into DM and the back four rearranged if some rumours are to be believed (NAP that we'll be sticking with Hutton now I've said that). We've also already beaten Ayr in the league cup this season, so it shows that there's a win in us somewhere.

Also heard that Moore is unlikely to play due to injury, is this true? If so then that's a blow to Ayr. Has Harkins played for you lot yet? Does he look anywhere near fit (or as fit as Harkins can look)?

11 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I'm beginning to think we're going to win. We may have some players back for this, I'd like to see MacKenzie get some game time to shore up the defence somewhat. It's probably too early for Quinn though, so we may see Naismith being shunted into DM and the back four rearranged if some rumours are to be believed (NAP that we'll be sticking with Hutton now I've said that). We've also already beaten Ayr in the league cup this season, so it shows that there's a win in us somewhere.

Also heard that Moore is unlikely to play due to injury, is this true? If so then that's a blow to Ayr. Has Harkins played for you lot yet? Does he look anywhere near fit (or as fit as Harkins can look)?

Moore is out for at least another month. Harkins has played in our last two games and despite two heavy defeats has looked a class above. Far too good for our level.

15 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Moore is going to be out for at least a month meaning your defence shouldn't have too much to worry about. Harkins was frightening last week, would have walked into the Dundee United squad. He also played 90 minutes and did as much work as any of our players going forward so hopefully you'll have a handful there. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Moore is out for at least another month. Harkins has played in our last two games and despite two heavy defeats has looked a class above. Far too good for our level.

Aye, but does he always keep his man at a corner?

I think I was in the minority that really liked Harkins when he was at St Mirren, he was always looking to try to create an opportunity and had a few tricks up his sleeve. He certainly wasn't perfect, but he got a rough ride from a section of our fans which was a bit harsh IMO.

14 hours ago, young buck said:

You've hurt our striker. He's coughing up blood ffs. James Forrest and Brian Gilmour will be exacting some revenge buddies. Watch yer ankles

Signing on loan from Celtic, I presume?

Thanks for pub recommendations, they will doubtlessly be the best part of the day with the football coming in a distant second. Especially if the first encounter between these sides a few weeks ago was anything to go by.

A loss for us tomorrow would turn another poor start into another disastrous one. The starting 11 will be interesting, I fear it's going to be the same one as last week.

Will go for a brutal 0-0.

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Thanks for pub recommendations, they will doubtlessly be the best part of the day with the football coming in a distant second.

The 2 hours spent in the stadium at a Saints away game is invariably the worst part of the entire day.

Let's play players in their correct positions and we might have a chance; other than right midfield as we don't really have anyone to play there. Gilmour out there to try to help stop Devlin getting torn apart; can always swap if its Boyle having a nightmare. 

Fleming

Devlin        Meggatt.        Murphy.       Boyle

Gilmour.     Adams.          Docherty.     Mcguffie

.                             Harkins                                      

Nisbet

Archived