Junior Cup 2016-17

MEADOWXI

From SJFA

The draw for the first round of the Scottish Junior Cup will take place at Hampden Park on Thursday 25th August at 6.45pm. Will post as soon as I find out.
The Junior Cup First Round draw -153 clubs - Auchinleck,Banks o'Dee,Beith, Bonnyrigg Girvan and Linlithgow receive byes. 31 Ties - rest byes.

Armadale Th v Kennoway SH

Wishaw v Cumnock

Kirriemuir Th v Easthouses MW

Whitletts v Buckie Rovers

Ellon Utd v Glasgow Perthshire

Newburgh Th v Sauchie

Ardeer Th v East Kilbride Th

Buchanhaven Hearts v Culter

Thornton Hibs v Dunbar Utd

New Elgin v Dundee Northend

Jeanfield Swifts v Lugar B T

Livingston v Cruden Bay

Pumpherston v Kirkaldy YM

Saltcoats Vics v Renfrew

West Calder v Stoneywood Parkvale

Vale of Clyde v Aberdeen Sunnybank

Irvine Vics v Newtongrange Star

Newburgh v Hermes

Largs Th v Blantyre Vics

Port Glasgow v Whitehills

Lochee Utd v Hurlford Utd

Bo'ness Utd v Bellshill Ath

Lesmahagow v Irvine Meadow

Haddington v Troon

Dundee East Craigie v Bathgate Th

Broxburn v Glenafton Athletic

Ardrossan WR v Dundonald Bluebell

Camelon v Whitburn

St Rochs v Kilwinning Rangers

Kilbirnie Ladeside v Banchory

Arbroath Vics v Crossgates

All other teams get byes

I think it's about time girvan earned the right to play in the senior Scottish cup / get first round scottish cup byes as they continue to get these things through default . 

Cant even say they've went down the Linlithgow road in making their stadium excellent and through complying to excellent standards. 

Lochee United v hurl ford tie of the round. Does the beast still play with hurl ford?

If by the beast you mean John Gemmell, he only signed in the close season. 10 goals and 2 red cards in 5 starts. Assume he will continue to turn out occasionally between suspensions.

48 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I think it's about time girvan earned the right to play in the senior Scottish cup / get first round scottish cup byes as they continue to get these things through default . 

Cant even say they've went down the Linlithgow road in making their stadium excellent and through complying to excellent standards. 

Default?

Just now, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Yes they retained dual membership from when they dropped down into the juniors hence why they're guaranteed scottish senior cup involvement every single year which also entitles them to a Scottish junior cup 1st round bye too. 

I am actually aware of this. It's not default though. 

Buffs drawn away to St.Rochs. Not sure if we've faced each other in recent times,& I haven't been there before,so really looking forward to this one.Be great if Buffs can repeat last year's Scottish adventure.......

You'll get a colourful match report from kinky afro too.

4 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Looking at the draw - some long trips there. Bet Buckie and Perthshire wouldve hoped their ties couldve been swapped ...

I was up at Buckie last weekend. God help anyone trying to get down and up in a day using public transport. Hellish stuff. 

Always see Cruden Bay in the draw for the early rounds and wish I had an excuse to go there. No idea why but I always fancied it 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I was up at Buckie last weekend. God help anyone trying to get down and up in a day using public transport. Hellish stuff. 

Always see Cruden Bay in the draw for the early rounds and wish I had an excuse to go there. No idea why but I always fancied it 

Cruden bay was an amazing day for bizzare reasons ; the cruden bay golf course is not far from the ground and was a good place to visit , as for the ground you're led up a dirt track on the bus and the ground is basically a football ground in the middle of farmers fields with piles of dung heaped around the entire outside perimeter , a bizzare wee ground for sure . 

Was also quite emotional up there that day as our bus stopped at Charing cross on our way up in Glasgow and we picked up an elderly guy who nobody knew at all , it wasn't until after we dropped him back off in Charing cross after the game that I found out the guy had terminal cancer and he was a ground hopper and cruden bay was the only ground in Scotland that he hadn't visited , the guy contacted us to ask if we could accomodate him which we were delighted to do :) 

Just now, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Cruden bay was an amazing day for bizzare reasons ; the cruden bay golf course is not far from the ground and was a good place to visit , as for the ground you're led up a dirt track on the bus and the ground is basically a football ground in the middle of farmers fields with piles of dung heaped around the entire outside perimeter , a bizzare wee ground for sure . 

Was also quite emotional up there that day as our bus stopped at Charing cross on our way up in Glasgow and we picked up an elderly guy who nobody knew at all , it wasn't until after we dropped him back off in Charing cross after the game that I found out the guy had terminal cancer and he was a ground hopper and cruden bay was the only ground in Scotland that he hadn't visited , the guy contacted us to ask if we could accomodate him which we were delighted to do :) 

Fucks sake that's quite a profound wee experience your bus got to share with him. Good on you for letting the guy on board to complete the set. 

Quite like the coast up there and I've heard it's a very nice part of the World. The Scottish cup is fantastic for getting you out of the usual Central Belt places which , in all honesty are home to most of us but aren't exactly postcard material. 

Archived