Stirling Albion v Edinburgh City

This Saturday we host League 2 new boys Edinburgh City at Forthbank on their first visit here on Senior League duty.

Given the start that City have had in their first 4 games, Pointless still looking for their first points of the season this should be on paper a home banker for the Binos. Just hope this is the case and its 3 points at home for us.

Expect one or two changes from the side that lost at Arbroath with possible return of Marc McKenzie and the home debut of Isaac Layne who arrived on loan from Alloa.

Don't know much about the City side but ex Bino Craig Beattie signed for them during the summer and he might feature on Saturday for them.

Prediction Albion 2 City 0 :thumsup2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we didn't play particularly well at Forthbank in games against Stirling Uni in the LL so I have the fear about this one. 

boring Tam fact: Annfield was the first away ground I went to. It was the last game on grass there before that infamous plastic pitch was installed. A polis stopped me taking a bit of the turf as a souvenir at full time (even though hunners of others were) otherwise I might have had some Binos turf in my back green. 

Looking forward to the game and I'm looking forward to it for various reasons.

Firstly, after a wee break for the Internationals/Pishy Cup, it's great to get back to the real stuff but also, it's good to play someone a little bit different for a change.

It's a game we really should win, home games will be vital to the Play Off/Promotion push, but, like Montrose, we really need to be turning teams over who's ambitions are staying clear of the bottom spot.

Please don't take this as being disrespectful Edinburgh fans, it's certainly not meant to be.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Surely McLaren will bring Davidson back in, surely??

I would not count on that. sure the defence has leaked goals away from home but at home in 2 games we have only conceded 1 goal. Just hope we go with an attacking formation and lineup on Saturday. Hope McKenzie is fit and starts, also Isaac Layne partners Blair Henderson up front. This surely must be a game we should win, against the bottom team Edinburgh City, anything less does not bear thinking about.

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Guaranteed Sean Dickson will be playing you can put your money on it. Just hope we put an attacking side out.

Yip: Leave plenty of gaps at the back for us to exploit. We'll be doing a lot on the counter attack as usual. Guaranteed Craig Beattie will start this one.

May park the bus in the second half though..

parking-the-bus-21.jpg

Archived