Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

So! Before the EU fishing accounted for 0.09% , 0.1% to be generous of the economy.

Bravo!

Britain used to have the largest fishing fleet in Europe. In the last 40 years, the weight of fish and landed in the UK has almost halved. The number of fishermen has almost halved. That may not bother you but it certainly bothers the communities in fishing towns like Peterhead and Grimsby. 

Britain used to have the largest fishing fleet in Europe. In the last 40 years, the weight of fish and landed in the UK has almost halved. The number of fishermen has almost halved. That may not bother you but it certainly bothers the communities in fishing towns like Peterhead and Grimsby. 

Thats because there was no fish to catch you simpleton,we had overfished the sea,you should have seen the shite we used to land before i gave it up

Just now, doulikefish said:

Thats because there was no fish to catch you simpleton,we had overfished the sea,you should have seen the shite we used to land before i gave it up

And who controlled the fishing policy which exacerbated over-fishing and the decline in fish stocks?

Who set the quotas for British waters and allocated them to other Member States?

Who brought in the discard policy that resulted in good dead fish being thrown back into the sea?

The experience of Iceland and Norway (outside the CFP) shows that the EU has been incompetent, even reckless, in its management of the EU's fishing waters and industry.

And who controlled the fishing policy which exacerbated over-fishing and the decline in fish stocks?
Who set the quotas for British waters and allocated them to other Member States?
Who brought in the discard policy that resulted in good dead fish being thrown back into the sea?
The experience of Iceland and Norway (outside the CFP) shows that the EU has been incompetent, even reckless, in its management of the EU's fishing waters and industry.

Stick to googling newspaper reports,you are an idiot

Your idiotic insults only prove that you are just another of the Euro-nat cretins on here who hate real self-government.

Bishop, I'm from a family that has owned fishing boats and operated trawlers from Lossiemouth and other ports ( Peterhead as an example) for over 150 years, my evidence is purely anecdotal but I'm pretty sure can be backed up by facts.
I've got 2 uncles still involved in fishing, one operates a small,one man operation, a lobster boat from Lossiemouth, the other is a crew member on a trawler from Peterhead.
They both curse their grandfather, and great grandfather for overfishing, especially after the advent of drag trawling which decimated the sea-bed and threw away most of the fish caught ( as they weren't desirable to the British palette at the time), some of the most expensive fish nowadays, monkfish as an example, were thrown overboard in favour of cod & haddock.
Both my uncles voted remain, as they both know, without the CFP they would be jobless, and that without the European market they now trade with, tariff free, they would not be able to sell their products at a fair price. The people I know from that area, who voted leave, are clinging onto a distant 1970s hatred of Spanish & Portuguese boats.

44 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Bishop, I'm from a family that has owned fishing boats and operated trawlers from Lossiemouth and other ports ( Peterhead as an example) for over 150 years, my evidence is purely anecdotal but I'm pretty sure can be backed up by facts.
I've got 2 uncles still involved in fishing, one operates a small,one man operation, a lobster boat from Lossiemouth, the other is a crew member on a trawler from Peterhead.
They both curse their grandfather, and great grandfather for overfishing, especially after the advent of drag trawling which decimated the sea-bed and threw away most of the fish caught ( as they weren't desirable to the British palette at the time), some of the most expensive fish nowadays, monkfish as an example, were thrown overboard in favour of cod & haddock.
Both my uncles voted remain, as they both know, without the CFP they would be jobless, and that without the European market they now trade with, tariff free, they would not be able to sell their products at a fair price. The people I know from that area, who voted leave, are clinging onto a distant 1970s hatred of Spanish & Portuguese boats.

I didn't realise that still life paintings of fish was a genre.

21 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

The whole brexit concept is a farce

Anyone who voted leave is a retarded cuntbag cockface

Thank you for thoughtful contribution to the debate. It sums up your moronic idiocy perfectly.

Be a good little boy and thank your Mummy for allowing you to spill your spotty on the forum.

32 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Thank you for thoughtful contribution to the debate. It sums up your moronic idiocy perfectly.

Be a good little boy and thank your Mummy for allowing you to spill your spotty on the forum.

retarded cuntbag cockface found

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Yes you are.

"My Team : Celtic"

Another inbred bigot brother!

bigot? - clearly you assume I am catholic, which I am not. 

inbred? - my parents aren't even from the same country as each other, nevermind family.

Now, judging as you likely voted leave, the same option most bigots selected, you clearly are a retarded cuntbag cockface. Why else would you vote to f**k your own economy and currency while narrowing the horizons for the youth of today and future generations to come?

31 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

bigot? - clearly you assume I am catholic, which I am not. 

inbred? - my parents aren't even from the same country as each other, nevermind family.

Now, judging as you likely voted leave, the same option most bigots selected, you clearly are a retarded cuntbag cockface. Why else would you vote to f**k your own economy and currency while narrowing the horizons for the youth of today and future generations to come?

You really are beyond belief. The seethe is glorious. GIRUY! :lol:

The whole brexit concept is a farce

Anyone who voted leave is a retarded cuntbag cockface

The mode of expression may be a little questionable but it's hard to fault the general sentiment being expressed.

And it carries a certain poetry that was previously lacking

Statistically wes the vast majority of scots see themselves as Scottish alone, that must break your wee unionist heart but it's it's a fact.  

The No vote was in no way a positive reflection of britishness or an expression of a widely held desire to continue to be governed by another country,  it was the result of a relentless fear campaign scaring enough people into bottling it.  

That's all wes,  not guaranteed to work a second time though is it, no wonder you're flapping. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24282271

62% identify as Scottish only, 18% as Scottish and British.   Oooft sore one for the britnats.   And that's after 300 years of union, sometimes I am proud to be Scottish,  this is one of those times.   We fuckin rock and will make our country a brilliant wee country when we get control of it.

Edited by Peppino Impastato