Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Was certainly not Tory policy, chap. DaveCam objected to it.
This was all down to English White Van Man and his racist scum.

Maybe not Tory policy,but Cameron's pandering to the right of his party,and the perceived threat of UKIP allowed English/Welsh white van man the opportunity.

10 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Someone else who misunderstands the meaning of xenophobe........it's the fear and/or hatred of foreigners......not being happy with the current immigration policy and it's effects is not xenophobia, you silly,silly boy......The funny thing is most governments endorse xenophobia and in fact actively try to encourage it when it suits them, for example, in times of conflict or war.....

Anyway, as said and as will say again, until you dumb c*nts get the message, there were many, many different reasons for  voting Brexit, including , for a very few, xenophobia, but most definitely not for the other 17,250,000........Look I know you are struggling with it all but it's been a wee while since the referendum......surely you get it by now.....surely to god!

Ffs......deny all you want. You know what you are. 

4 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Maybe not Tory policy,but Cameron's pandering to the right of his party,and the perceived threat of UKIP allowed English/Welsh white van man the opportunity.

Indeed.  DaveCam's legacy, decent bloke that he is, is that he pandered to the xenophobes and we're all blighted by it.

Off on a mild tangent, Saturday morning's Farming Today on Radio 4 was from Peterhead and how the port will be affected by Brexit.  Enjoyable stuff and well worth a listen:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0890kz6

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Off on a mild tangent, Saturday morning's Farming Today on Radio 4 was from Peterhead and how the port will be affected by Brexit.  Enjoyable stuff and well worth a listen:

Surely most of their trade with the rest of the world is courtesy of off shore sailors from the Russian Northern Fleet who were "just passing through", same as during the Cold War?

Allegedly.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.  DaveCam's legacy, decent bloke that he is, is that he pandered to the xenophobes and we're all blighted by it.

I would hope we are already negotiating with Portugal to allow us to keep bringing it in fairly cheap.

Christmas would be ruined!

Good bit in yesterday's Sunday Herald from Ian McWhirter (sp?) about leaving Europe and the impact it could have on food standards, particularly if we start to import food from the USA.  Far lower standards, GM usage, etc. all currently banned/regulated due to our EU membership.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Good bit in yesterday's Sunday Herald from Ian McWhirter (sp?) about leaving Europe and the impact it could have on food standards, particularly if we start to import food from the USA.  Far lower standards, GM usage, etc. all currently banned/regulated due to our EU membership.

Angus Robertson asked this question at PMQ's last week and I think it's a fair point. America has low food standards for example and we're eager to a trade deal with them.

6 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Angus Robertson asked this question at PMQ's last week and I think it's a fair point. America has low food standards for example and we're eager to a trade deal with them.

We already pay low tariffs to export to the US, on average about 2%. Any better deal would be at a cost that we'd probably be better off not paying. Swapping the right to exports haggis for having to sell hormone pumped meat without a warning label is not a win win. We'd be better off just trying to duplicate the existing EU trading arrangements and save a huge amount of time and effort, and avoid a whole load of new regulations and bureaucracy for exporters and importers.

Edited by welshbairn

We already pay low tariffs to export to the US, on average about 2%. Any better deal would be at a cost that we'd probably be better off not paying. Swapping the right to exports haggis for having to sell hormone pumped meat without a warning label is not a win win. We'd be better off just trying to duplicate the existing EU trading arrangements and save a huge amount of time and effort, and avoid a whole load of new regulations and bureaucracy for exporters and importers.

Haggis is banned in America, stretching back to BSE days

4 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Haggis is banned in America, stretching back to BSE days

That was the point I was trying to make, it's not worth having to take their shitty meat just so we can force feed them haggis.

3 hours ago, philyerboots said:

Most pathetic bit of unionist trolling (I hope for your sake you're trolling) yet.

Firstly the Scottish government doesn't measure the length of half-marathons up here any more than Westminster umpires the cricket or referees the FA Cup final down south you utter roaster.

Secondly if you were trying to insinuate the really cringeworthy idea that Scots in general are too incompetent to run their own country as exemplified by this cock up I direct you here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38798775

Where you might find out that those guilty for the farcical failure are: "The Newcastle-based Great Run Company".

3 hours ago, Redstarstranraer said:

Most pathetic bit of unionist trolling (I hope for your sake you're trolling) yet.

Firstly the Scottish government doesn't measure the length of half-marathons up here any more than Westminster umpires the cricket or referees the FA Cup final down south you utter roaster.

Secondly if you were trying to insinuate the really cringeworthy idea that Scots in general are too incompetent to run their own country as exemplified by this cock up I direct you here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38798775

Where you might find out that those guilty for the farcical failure are: "The Newcastle-based Great Run Company".

Speak for yourself.  After reading that post I've switched from being a YES voter to a committed unionist.  Wouldn't surprise me if Sturgeon herself went out and moved the finish line.

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Gove admitting that the bus was a blatant lie.

But they took back control and once the eastern Europeans have been chased everything will be OK and white again.

What colour do East Europeans look like to you ?

Have you ever met anyone from Eastern Europe ?