Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Their remit  is to administer the devolved powers, not 'govern' Scotland.

Not govern Scotland? Willing to be corrected but in pretty sure it's called the Scottish government. Not matter which maniac is in charge

It was the Scottish Executive when we were a one labour party state though.
It new its place back then.

4 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Jump into your alternative history time machine and find out for us. Good question, will pay further attention to your musings.

I won't pay any attention to your musings as you're talking shite.

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:

Let me ask you a proper question. Do you think the probability of war in Europe since 1945 has increased/decreased due to the formation of the EU(and all its predecessors)?

Most of Europe is in NATO but even if they weren't and if the EU and it's predecessors hadn't been formed I don't think there would be any probability of war in Europe and if the EU collapses there still won't. 

Most of Europe is in NATO but even if they weren't and if the EU and it's predecessors hadn't been formed I don't think there would be any probability of war in Europe and if the EU collapses there still won't. 

You've just got back from 1918 haven't you?

9 hours ago, Antlion said:

And so you're quite happy for a "union" to create open borders and allow freedom of movements, but only if they're UK citizens and the borders dissolved are on these islands. What a terrible, isolationist little discriminator you are.

Well, It would be silly to have borders within the UK, ........really , really silly.

Your second sentence is just, well..........silly !

8 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Ok the EU was set up to stop wars. We are leaving the EU so who are we fighting first?

The EU was set up to stop wars on the Continental mainland because there are potential conflicts along just about every border in Europe. I'm afraid Europeans just love to wantonly  kill each other over minor tracts of land. It's been happening for millenia.

That's the advantage of 

a) being an island

b) The Act of Union

We are truly blessed on our Sceptered Isle and are best out of the EU.

9 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

Their remit  is to administer the devolved powers, not 'govern' Scotland.

Not govern Scotland? Willing to be corrected but in pretty sure it's called the Scottish government. Not matter which maniac is in charge

It is so called but not a good name tbh.  The Scottish Executive was a more fitting name and the change of name to appease the Nationalists' is something to regret.

The EU was set up to stop wars on the Continental mainland because there are potential conflicts along just about every border in Europe. I'm afraid Europeans just love to wantonly  kill each other over minor tracts of land. It's been happening for millenia.

That's the advantage of 

a) being an island

b) The Act of Union

We are truly blessed on our Sceptered Isle and are best out of the EU.

The U.K. isn't an island.

And it's "sceptred isle" which ironically is from a play about a French King of England

13 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I ken that Rob.
It's the c**ts on here that take great delight when anything disparaging is written about the Scottish economy or NHS or Education etc.
These buggers dinnae acknowledge that the Scottish Government has tae govern with one hand tied behind it's back.
And it's only through independence that the hand will be untied.
Fine they (and you) ken it.

11 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

As a Unionist they don't speak for me Willie, but of course accept what they do well in equal measure! No problem.

Rob, that's no the point I was trying tae make.
ANY Scottish government will have one hand tied behind its back.
Do you agree?

I cannae mind who it was but someone on P&B made an excellent analogy.
You hand your neighbour your wages at the end of the month and he decides how much you get back tae live on.
Is that acceptable to you?