Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Facebook is awash with people from Northumberland calling people scroungers. I mean, the North East ? They've been getting subsidized by everyone for the last 300 years. it really is baffling.

How much do you pay for your dentist and your prescriptions up in Ayrshire? Oh aye you get them for nowt .How much tuition fees do your Ayrshire students pay per year at Uni. Oh aye nowt again.
Your also subsidised by an extra £1623 per head compared to Northumberland.
Tell me again who's the scroungers pal.

1 minute ago, toto1504 said:

How much do you pay for your dentist and your prescriptions up in Ayrshire? Oh aye you get them for nowt .How much tuition fees do your Ayrshire students pay per year at Uni. Oh aye nowt again.

I and everyone else pays tax for these, a LOT more of a tax take than Northumberland has ever produced. Not our fault that England has a government which has 'other priorities'. My point is that you hear all these people from Newcastle calling Scots scroungers whilst their area has been the worst performing in England for decades. The Scottish economy and the revenue it generates pisses all over EVERY region in England apart from London and the South East.

Just now, toto1504 said:

So vote yes and go it alone. Wouldn't want us to be a burden on your so many great resources. Enjoy the Euro

I did, I'd happily leave the lot of yous to your right wind paradise. And I'd be happy with the Euro, every small western European country that does have the Euro has a much better economy than the UK. 

Like Scotland us up in Northumberland are governed by Westminster. A mere northern outpost with no affinity to London. To be honest we're in a worse position than you over the border. At least you have a strong political party speaking up for you .Us ...nowt .If I'd been born 2 miles over the border I'd certainly have voted YES

28 minutes ago, toto1504 said:

I was keeping this for another time but it seems appropriate here.

Labour's John McDonnell promises…
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38858225

…Meanwhile, Mr McDonnell used a speech earlier to vow to "close the gap" between spending in the north and south of England.
Speaking later at Labour's economic conference in
Liverpool, Mr McDonnell said the North had consistently lost out in terms of spending -
and promised a future Labour government would try to rectify that.
He cited figures from the National Infrastructure Commission suggesting projected capital spending per head of population in the north of
England
 would increase by just £1,491 by 2020-2021, compared with by £3,114 per head in London.
"We have to put an end to the
Whitehall view that what's good for the City of London is good for the country as a whole," he said.
"It is time for the rest of the country to get a look-in."

Perhaps you should save your anger for where it's needed.

12 minutes ago, toto1504 said:

Like Scotland us up in Northumberland are governed by Westminster. A mere northern outpost with no affinity to London. To be honest we're in a worse position than you over the border. At least you have a strong political party speaking up for you .Us ...nowt .If I'd been born 2 miles over the border I'd certainly have voted YES

And I would have welcomed you with open arms :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, toto1504 said:

I feel your pain really I do. London cares no more for the north of england than it does scotland. Hopefully if we become independent you guys can move here. Everybody is welcome :).

I feel your pain really I do. London cares no more for the north of england than it does scotland. Hopefully if we become independent you guys can move here. Everybody is welcome :).

They only care when they come to their 2nd homes up by Bamburgh mate .

This is how our esteemed Tory MP promotes her constituency of Berwick upon Tweed. She quotes in Parliament "We are plagued by aggressive seagulls in Berwick to the point that locals had been wandering the streets with their own firearms to kill the birds"!! Now my town depends on its tourism industry so wtf kind of message is that to give prospective tourists from coming to Berwick.There's only one bird we want to shoot and that's Ann Marie Trevelyn mp.Oh and by the way it's bollocks

6 minutes ago, toto1504 said:

This is how our esteemed Tory MP promotes her constituency of Berwick upon Tweed. She quotes in Parliament "We are plagued by aggressive seagulls in Berwick to the point that locals had been wandering the streets with their own firearms to kill the birds"!! Now my town depends on its tourism industry so wtf kind of message is that to give prospective tourists from coming to Berwick.There's only one bird we want to shoot and that's Ann Marie Trevelyn mp.Oh and by the way it's bollocks

I can see that being promoted in America
Come to Berwick upon Tweed but bring your own gun
Shoot as many birds as you want - no charge

Don't know about anyone else,but I pay for my visits to the dentist