Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tony Blair ' The British people should rise up against Brexit'

Boris Johnson. When asked... 'Absolutely they should rise up... rise up and switch the TV off when Blair is making a speech' Classic.

Says Boris who voted for the Iraq war and is also a proven liar.

I'm not a fan of Tony Blair BTW.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Theresa May really like the House of Lords but thinks they shouldn't exercise their power on the Brexit Bill.

I can't stand the House of Lords but thinks they should exercise their power on the Bill.

Theresa May was in the Lords earlier sitting on the steps of the throne (as is her right as a Privy Counsellor). 

But precisely where she positioned herself should keep psychologists busy for a while.

2172.jpg?w=620&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f 

Bang slap in front of the throne itself.

Utter bollocks. I'm not even going to search back but you sticking up a couple of graphs to prove irrelevant points isn't worth arguing with. I assume you can refute the point that I made about HS2 capital spending? Or does the awarding of these contracts not affect the value of the companies that are given them?
ETA: Type 'government expenditure effect on stock market' into Google and there is pages and pages of stuff which seems to back me up. It's not difficult.

Yeah, let's do a Google search when the data shows otherwise. Interesting that the points aren't worth arguing over only after you initially argued the point but provided no evidence.

As for your HS2 point (not sure how you managed to remember about this particular part of the conversation!). It is pretty clear that the cancelling of the project would have an impact on firms that had already been awarded contracts but the extent to which this is the case would depend on the terms of the contracts and if the Government had to pay break fees. This could lead to the company booking exceptional profits and may lead to no overall change in their value.

On the other hand, plenty of private companies probably wish the government would cancel contracts (G4S and Serco - Asylum seekers, tagging contracts). Serco issued 4 profit warnings between 2013 & 2015 with £450 million of losses attributed to public sector work. Never mind, I am sure that the value of the company wasn't affected though as it is the winning of this work that is important and not the profitability. To use your own phrase, you assertions are "Utter Bollocks". You are of course right when you say that it isn't difficult, I am sure you will comprehend it eventually.