Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I saw plenty of polls predicting a close election but Clinton winning, which due to the electoral college/popular vote discrepancy she did win so the sampling would actually have been pretty spot on really, just the interpretation of the results.

Oh she won did she I must have missed that.  I suppose you're right though no way professional polling companies in the USA are aware of the electoral college and factor that in.

Oh she won did she I must have missed that.  I suppose you're right though no way professional polling companies in the USA are aware of the electoral college and factor that in.

She quite clearly did win the popular vote which was my point. I dont understand you’re shtick, are you just aggressive to everyone who challenges you? Im sure that wins over many to your cause.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

She quite clearly did win the popular vote which was my point. I dont understand you’re shtick, are you just aggressive to everyone who challenges you? Im sure that wins over many to your cause.

I don't have a cause.  She lost the election.  The polls were wrong.  They are aware of the electoral college, and still were wrong.

May’s European “charm offensive” having zero impact; getting telts everywhere she goes.

I can see this thread becoming the politics forum’s BRALT; laughing at the Brexiteers for years to come.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Unionists would have needed a turnout of 80% to just get parity with the independence vote.

Just saying . . . champ.

Finally someone who knows what they're talking about.  The numbers don't add up for the unionists, that was a clear yes vote in Catalonia.  

Edited by Peppino Impastato

May’s European “charm offensive” having zero impact; getting telts everywhere she goes.
I can see this thread becoming the politics forum’s BRALT; laughing at the Brexiteers for years to come.

It's hilarious. Pretty much the equivalent of being binned by an attractive woman then trying it on with her pals hoping to piss her off.

Britain [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Unfortunately they will not only sink themselves but everyone else.

Is there such a thing as Pyrrhic laughter?

I keep vacillating on this but I’m currently of the view that there won’t be a hard Brexit.  Enough MPs will see sense even if it’s late on.  May has neither the actual authority or moral authority to stand in the way of a tide of common sense.

Neither does Corbyn.