Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

This f*ckin shower of tory charlatans think they're being uber-clever by issuing the 3 letters.  Eventually, those "just get it done"-ers will see the fat, privileged, poshboy arsehole shown up in the same light as the rest of the countries' non leavers see him.

Plus, the American bint fiasco is under consideration by the Met.  Watch this space.   

22 minutes ago, The_Craig said:

He did say he would rather be found dead in a ditch than ask for an extension.

...and yet, had someone taken him up on it, I'll bet they'd have been prosecuted.

This is the kind of insanity we'll be free from soon. If even the Prime Minister can't be murdered when he asks, what hope is there for the rest of us?  :angry:

44 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

There will be another election and Conservatives will get a majority government then push through whatever they want

That wouldn't happen if Labour could install and unite behind a new leader.

That wouldn't happen if Labour could install and unite behind a new leader.

Starmer imo is their best chance of winning an election. Unfortunately for them Corbyn will cling on for dear life and hope the Brexit Party wipe out a chunk of the Torys at the next election.

I genuinely have no clue where the end point in all of this is.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Starmer imo is their best chance of winning an election. Unfortunately for them Corbyn will cling on for dear life and hope the Brexit Party wipe out a chunk of the Torys at the next election.

I genuinely have no clue where the end point in all of this is.

He'd be my first choice. Head and shoulders above the rest in the debate today. You would have thought someone might have suggested him to lead an interim govt if Johnson was kicked out in a VONC - surely a better choice than Ken Clarke, Harman or Beckett.

I'm sure I joined this forum to talk about football, but end up in here most of the time.

Interesting though

Makes me wonder if the likes of him, David Gauke, etc who were seemingly willing to vote for this deal (and I think it would have passed by about 10 votes if it went ahead today) will then back the deal when it comes again?

2 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

There will be another election and Conservatives will get a majority government then push through whatever they want

I think so.

Didn't the EU say they would only extent (after the last 6 month one in March)  for the intent of a material change e.g an election/second refrendum? Johnson's letter will be accepted as a request for an extension even if the media are coming away with the 'he didn't sign it' he or his PA at least typed "Boris Johnson - PM of GB/NI'' at the end of it on headed paper ; it will be accepted.

I don't think the Speaker nor time will allow this deal to pass before Halloween ; and Johnson said in the letter he didn't want a delay himself but he was willing to meet up at any emergency summit/meeting needed with the EU countries and there he will say along the lines of I'll try get an election and if I can get it, I'll win a majority and then in January they will back this deal.

Corbyn has said for a year if not longer he wants a general election etc and then when offered one last month he basically said not now, but get the extension then bring it out.

Labour will get absolutely  hammered in an election - if they are stupid enough to vote for one. The 2017 election wasn't about Brexit, this will be.

Edited by Kejan

Most people, including many of his own supporters, will see the unsigned letter as boorish and immature.

The Labour MPs who abstained are more likely to come down on Johnson’s side in a vote on a confirmatory referendum.

The best bet is for the EU27 to say no to a further extension and Parliament to face a stark No Deal v Revoke position. 

Most people, including many of his own supporters, will see the unsigned letter as boorish and immature.
The Labour MPs who abstained are more likely to come down on Johnson’s side in a vote on a confirmatory referendum.
The best bet is for the EU27 to say no to a further extension and Parliament to face a stark No Deal v Revoke position. 
They will not refuse the extension, conditional on a GE or Referendum. If the Opposition parties are serious about stopping Brexit and the Muppet will not give way to someone like Starmer then they need play Cummings at his own game and create constituency pacts with the sole aim of denying the Tories a working majority.

Farage will fume and fulminate but I don't expect the Brexit mob to feature in any GE.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

They will not refuse the extension, conditional on a GE or Referendum. If the Opposition parties are serious about stopping Brexit and the Muppet will not give way to someone like Starmer then they need play Cummings at his own game and create constituency pacts with the sole aim of denying the Tories a working majority.

Farage will fume and fulminate but I don't expect the Brexit mob to feature in any GE.

There should be a one-off electoral pact between Labour and the Lib-Dems in England and Wales but this would risk Swinson making Jeremy “not fit to be Prime Minister” Corbyn PM.

It would also mean Labour acceding to Parliament’s fourth party.

Tribal politics will supersede common sense.

There should be a one-off electoral pact between Labour and the Lib-Dems in England and Wales but this would risk Swinson making Jeremy “not fit to be Prime Minister” Corbyn PM.
It would also mean Labour acceding to Parliament’s fourth party.
Tribal politics will supersede common sense.

Aye, just when the country needs moderately convincing political leadership we have these two attempting to derail this Benny Hill Prime Minister.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Daily Telegraph have an opinion piece today titled ' why can't Boris's critics see him for the Churchillian figure he is ?'

Hahahahaha.