Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The praise for the vaccine rollout after a year of unnecessary deaths is not a million miles away from praising the Galactic Federation for catching a brain bug months after being wiped out at Klendathu. It's still a major L over all lads.

The praise for the vaccine rollout after a year of unnecessary deaths is not a million miles away from praising the Galactic Federation for catching a brain bug months after being wiped out at Klendathu. It's still a major L over all lads.
Matt Hancock as Rico?

Do you want to know more?

1 hour ago, jakedee said:
15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Do you want to know more?

I'm from Glasgow and I say KILLEMALL

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Matt Hancock as Rico?

Was chatting about ST yesterday and in a film as viscerally unpleasant as that I still think Hancock would stick out like a sore thumb.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

You really don't see enough parallels being drawn between modern society and Starship Troopers.

I was thinking about it again recently cause a friend of mine watched it and I went back and listened to this segment of Chapo - 

Oh, and a good article referenced inside - https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-starship-troopers-aligns-with-our-moment-of-american-defeat

Edited by NotThePars

The EU are certainly showing their true colours now. This will become a very hard sell for the Indy camp. We’ll be presented with the prospect of divorcing our neighbour and biggest trading partner, to rejoin that unaccountable shambles. Good luck with that one. Much that Bojo is the Nats biggest unintentional ally, the EU are working wonders for the no vote. 

The EU are certainly showing their true colours now. This will become a very hard sell for the Indy camp. We’ll be presented with the prospect of divorcing our neighbour and biggest trading partner, to rejoin that unaccountable shambles. Good luck with that one. Much that Bojo is the Nats biggest unintentional ally, the EU are working wonders for the no vote. 
Once the vaccine stuff is sorted and this awful virus fucks off... people will see the harsh reality of brexit

50 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

Once the vaccine stuff is sorted and this awful virus fucks off... people will see the harsh reality of brexit

I think the opposite will be the case.

I understand that things are improving regarding imports and exports.

Things were always going to be tricky for the first few months and Covid hasn’t helped.

Out of interest what is the harsh reality of Brexit or is this just some slogan you’ve picked up?

On 21/03/2021 at 18:19, Glen Sannox said:

I dare say an Indy Scotland would have run a furlough scheme, if of course they had the borrowing power, which I’m not so sure they would.

I'm not up on these things, but would every country with control of all financial levers not have the ability to borrow? Or are there some who don't?

I think the opposite will be the case.
I understand that things are improving regarding imports and exports.
Things were always going to be tricky for the first few months and Covid hasn’t helped.
Out of interest what is the harsh reality of Brexit or is this just some slogan you’ve picked up?
Splitting from the Single Market

28 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'm not up on these things, but would every country with control of all financial levers not have the ability to borrow? Or are there some who don't?

It’s like the man in the street buying a car. You need to have a credit score and an ability to repay loans. New countries don’t have that.

30 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s like the man in the street buying a car. You need to have a credit score and an ability to repay loans. New countries don’t have that.

What if the car I've been stuck with for what seems like 300 years, is falling to bits and keeps pulling to the right? Would I not be a shoe-in for a loan at good rates...

36 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Yet you the bit the hands off Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage when they offered to sell you a brand new Tesla sight-unseen (“honestly, old top - it’s straight out of the factory. And it can fly. And it runs on AA batteries. It’s right there behind this curtain. No! Don’t look! Trust us.”)

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Surely we would have seen the harsh reality of Brexit by now though. Brexit doesn’t wait for a virus to diminish. The SNP and all the BBC bed wetters told us it would be horrific. It’s not even remotely been that.

Surely we would have seen the harsh reality of Brexit by now though. Brexit doesn’t wait for a virus to diminish. The SNP and all the BBC bed wetters told us it would be horrific. It’s not even remotely been that.
Take it you don't know any fishermen, or farmers, hauliers or well, any exporters?

10 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

What if the car I've been stuck with for what seems like 300 years, is falling to bits and keeps pulling to the right? Would I not be a shoe-in for a loan at good rates...

Decent analogy, but try selling it beyond the denizens of P&B. You are about to see previously unseen levels of scare stories. You can rest assured, that out with Sturgeon, no coherent answers will be forthcoming.