Motherwell vs Hamilton Academical - 17th September 2016

I don't want to repeat myself too much but I think Johnson leaving has improved us immensely.  Compare the Dundee match with yesterday.  Johnson could be a decent player but our shape was all wrong by accommodating him.  Our firepower has gone through the roof bringing in Moult and Bowman along side McDonald and Cadden going wide again.

This week we had two or three guys in the box every attack.  Last time we had one or none.  Ultimately neither Johnson or Ainsworth have the work ethic to make our early season formations work.

I thought Accies were actually quite good yesterday when we allowed them to play.  A lot of teams would have turned over a 3-0 and 4-1 but they kept fighting.  Ali Crawford was outstanding and could have matched Moult's four goals.  On his day one of the best players in this league.

I thought they might struggle this season after losing Gordon and McGovern but on yesterday's performance they look fine because most teams in this league don't have a Louis Moult who will definitely be playing at a higher level very soon.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to repeat myself too much but I think Johnson leaving has improved us immensely.  Compare the Dundee match with yesterday.  Johnson could be a decent player but our shape was all wrong by accommodating him.  Our firepower has gone through the roof bringing in Moult and Bowman along side McDonald and Cadden going wide again.

This week we had two or three guys in the box every attack.  Last time we had one or none.  Ultimately neither Johnson or Ainsworth have the work ethic to make our early season formations work.

I thought Accies were actually quite good yesterday when we allowed them to play.  A lot of teams would have turned over a 3-0 and 4-1 but they kept fighting.  Ali Crawford was outstanding and could have matched Moult's four goals.  On his day one of the best players in this league.

I thought they might struggle this season after losing Gordon and McGovern but on yesterday's performance they look fine because most teams in this league don't have a Louis Moult who will definitely be playing at a higher level very soon.

If we go down, it'll be down to having no full-backs, in my opinion. I still don't have a clue how we can be in mid-September without having any full-backs. Crazy.

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:

It was just a pain getting back onto the main road, but that's because the police decided to park their van in the middle of a lane.

I walked back to the pub and saw this an It annoyed the shit out of me. At a fucking round about too. That and the 4 ton of shite their fucking horses leave everywhere.

I hate missing games as enjoyable as this one looked on the Alba highlights, especially missing Moult getting 4 goals (I was there when Kirk last did it against Saints). One thing that jumped out from the highlights was the amount of space we got down the wings - for a team whose success against us was based in large part by getting in our faces and not letting us settle - it was weird to see. Loved the forlorn wee smoke pellet going off in the Accies end as Moult's disallowed goal went in....

With a 4-3-3 and being 3 up after 20 mins, it's like 2006 all over again :) Looking forward to Firhill next week now..

9 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

It's easy to get down the wings when the team you're playing don't have any full backs

Gillespie (Was it Gillespie?) and his tackling equivalent of a fresh air swing on Cadden was a belter.

6 hours ago, Swello said:

I hate missing games as enjoyable as this one looked on the Alba highlights, especially missing Moult getting 4 goals (I was there when Kirk last did it against Saints). One thing that jumped out from the highlights was the amount of space we got down the wings - for a team whose success against us was based in large part by getting in our faces and not letting us settle - it was weird to see. Loved the forlorn wee smoke pellet going off in the Accies end as Moult's disallowed goal went in....

With a 4-3-3 and being 3 up after 20 mins, it's like 2006 all over again :) Looking forward to Firhill next week now..

I hope not! 2006 we were all leaning against the dugout moaning about it being our Donald Duck! :lol:

As thisGRAEME says, that sudden decision to lie down (no way could you even call it a tackle) was hilarious!

Archived