Greenock Morton v Dunfermline Athletic 17/09/16

Interesting quote from Johnson in the Greenock Tele. 

He said: "I'm very disappointed. We need to be much better than that. Without being disrespectful, we need to come to places like Morton and win.

I'm afraid you are being disrespectful Alan!

I guess he doesn't realise that we finished 5th in the Championship last season and finished 21 points ahead of you the season before last. Not since 2012 has Dunfermline finished above us. Reality check required Alan!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, madton said:

Interesting quote from Johnson in the Greenock Tele. 

He said: "I'm very disappointed. We need to be much better than that. Without being disrespectful, we need to come to places like Morton and win.

I'm afraid you are being disrespectful Alan!

I guess he doesn't realise that we finished 5th in the Championship last season and finished 21 points ahead of you the season before last. Not since 2012 has Dunfermline finished above us. Reality check required Alan!

Don't believe so Madton. We look to be one of the weaker squads in the league. There's about 5 fixtures where he cant expect too much... but as fellow bottom feeders (as it stands) they really need to win against 'the likes' of us. Past seasons go for feck all when you don't strengthen your squad and opponents do. I still feel that Dunfermline squad is capable of more.

I think he's been right there as well. It'd be like Duffy saying the same thing about going there. He's not saying they definitely will win. But if they want a shot at staying up, they're the games to win. Johnson realises that he's in deep shit as well as the team if they can't get results against the sides who should be down there, and with our team, we should be.

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I think he's been right there as well. It'd be like Duffy saying the same thing about going there. He's not saying they definitely will win. But if they want a shot at staying up, they're the games to win. Johnson realises that he's in deep shit as well as the team if they can't get results against the sides who should be down there, and with our team, we should be.

Can't agree with that. As much as there is no doubt we are weaker than last year( that's a different arguement) Dunfermline have no divine right to turn up to Cappielow expecting a win. 

By all means be confident, but its damn right disrespectful IMO to say that,  expecting a win away from home to a fellow full time side, especially when they have just been promoted to the league. 

Duffy would never come out and say that about part time Ayr or Dumbarton, never mind Dunfermline. Could you imagine Duffy coming out last season saying, " we need to come to places like Raith and win" not a chance!

It's not about being confident. It's about what they have to do to stay in the league. And if they're to do that, these are the games they should be winning. Just as they're the games we should be winning. I think you're reading what he said wrong.

And Duffy would be absolutely correct and well within his rights to say that about Raith if playoffs are what he was looking for.

Archived