What you get from the chippy.

Romeo

3 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Next time you passing through Turriff, the chipper is called Skippers.

Only place I know that does it and it is brilliant.

Aye and youd better take out a bloody loan to get stuff from there, also portions are very small

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

If from my local a Pudding Combo Supper ( 1/2 a black pudding, 1/2 a red pudding, 1/2 a white pudding, 1/2 a haggis pudding) 

Anywhere else that looks decent and they might know what they doing a fish supper,

Or if not feeling brave enough mince pie or smoked sausage supper.

Always get salt and vinegar, always ask for the salt on first.

Why do you only get half of everything? Ya wimp.

Had a little job during my school holidays in the factory that made the mince and steak pies for most of the Edinburgh area chip shops. It was all the best of ingredients that were used but sadly, due to a couple of manky b*****ds that worked there at the same time, I never ate a pie supper for a long time afterwards.

I love a chicken breast supper and eat the skin off it like I have never eaten for weeks or a fish supper just for the batter.

In the central belt; steak pie supper, salt & vinegar and occasionally brown sauce.
North; spicy haggis supper, salt & vinegar.
You don't get pies with real pastry up here. The "homemade" type (I doubt they're actually made in anyone's house but you know what I mean).

More importantly, it's a chipper. Part of going from boy to man is chippy to chipper.

Also never had a mock chop.

5ft 9 or there abouts and starting to put on a bit of beef but can still see me tadger standing straight.

Mostly - Large Fish Supper with tomato sauce and a tub of Tablet ice cream.

Occasionally - Haggis/Black Pudding/Sausage Supper with brown sauce 

If I'm just having a pre pub snack - Two slices of Pizza Crunch

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Fried in batter. 

How to ruin a classic Italian dish.

If you want "a classic Italian dish", move to Naples. Pretty sure that no-one in west-central Scotland cares about cultural authenticity though, so jog on. 

As is usually made clear by the addition of curry sauce, which turns it from an 8 to a clear 10/10 winner. 

Archived