Accies V Dees

Wouldn't say this is a must win, but it's very important. Lose here and that brings Dundee right back in it, but a win would push us up the table with a 8 point gap between us and bottom, and i'd like to see a gap of about that before we hit December.

If you look at the points going into this, its at home, our confidence is high, we have a extra day to prepare and Dundee are in terrible form. A lot of points are in our favour which worries me slightly, we don't do being favourites, and we have been charitable to lower table teams in the past.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please.
Please please please win.

If Accies pump Dundee (By 5 goal differential) I'll tan bleach and close my P&B account.

If Accies win I'll probably get so pished I'll probably will end up dead anyway.

A draw or loss and #CanningOut will be in maximum overdrive that I don't think can be stopped. Canning needs to realise the potential bantz this victory can infuse. Let D'Acol and Brophy run the show. Don't be a shite bag Canning.

MON THE ACCIES!!!

Hartley needs to show some balls here. Loy was shocking yesterday. McGowan really is dreadful, and has been for over a year. The embarrassing shouts of him being our saviour in past times were so clearly nonsense, yet, still people see him as a player. Holt played well in a back three but has had too many errors at LB now.

I'd go for something along the lines of:

Bain

Hateley Gadz O'Dea Kerr

Duffy Vincent Ross Williams

Haber Wighton

That team to me looks like it has some balance - Vincent & Williams have been nowhere near as brutal as some make out (without setting the heather alight either).

Thank you.

Hartley needs to show some balls here. Loy was shocking yesterday. McGowan really is dreadful, and has been for over a year. The embarrassing shouts of him being our saviour in past times were so clearly nonsense, yet, still people see him as a player. Holt played well in a back three but has had too many errors at LB now.

Bain

Hateley Gadz O'Dea Kerr

Haber Wighton

That team to me looks like it has some balance - Vincent & Williams have been nowhere near as brutal as some make out (without setting the heather alight either).

Thank you.

Nah.

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Bain

Hateley Gadz O'Dea Kerr

Haber Wighton

Thank you.

Hartley would probably put Duffy in the middle and Wighton out wide for some reason.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Nah.

McGowan's shit. No pace. No goals. No shooting ability. No long passing ability. A 360 degree turn is his only trick. 

Bang in the centre of our midfield during our terrible win rate since Xmas, including games such as Rangers & Peterhead in the cup. He's pish - open your eyes.

12 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Wouldn't say this is a must win, but it's very important

It must be getting close to a must win game for Paul Hartley and Dundee. If Dundee lose and Motherwell get a point then the gap becomes 4 points. Once the gap becomes more than can be made up in one game you're playing catch up which can create a negative mindset. However, I have an instinct that this is one that Dundee might win.

Just now, Northboy said:

It must be getting close to a must win game for Paul Hartley and Dundee. If Dundee lose and Motherwell get a point then the gap becomes 4 points. Once the gap becomes more than can be made up in one game you're playing catch up which can create a negative mindset. However, I have an instinct that this is one that Dundee might win.

It was a must win game for us last night.

McGowan's shit. No pace. No goals. No shooting ability. No long passing ability. A 360 degree turn is his only trick. 

Bang in the centre of our midfield during our terrible win rate since Xmas, including games such as Rangers & Peterhead in the cup. He's pish - open your eyes.

I'd say his downturn in form is the fact Ross and his other CM partners have been utterly, utterly gash this season. He needs a proper brute in the midfield to let him get further up the pitch a bit. He's been doing a job deeper for the past few seasons which he isn't entirely brilliant at doing, but he's done it solidly and with no complaints. Quite simply should be our captain as well.

Hateley was abysmal last night, and Williams looks, plays and runs like a school girl who won a raffle to get a game.

Bain

Kerr Gadzhalov O'Dea Holt

Ross Extabeguren McGowan 

Wighton Haber Loy

Terrible side, unbalanced as hell, midfield has no strength or creativity.

2 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I'd say his downturn in form is the fact Ross and his other CM partners have been utterly, utterly gash this season. He needs a proper brute in the midfield to let him get further up the pitch a bit. He's been doing a job deeper for the past few seasons which he isn't entirely brilliant at doing, but he's done it solidly and with no complaints. Quite simply should be our captain as well.

O'Dea's a very good captain. Consistently good; if anyone is let down by a partner it's him.

McGowan had one abysmal flick towards Kerr in the first half last night which was easily intercepted. He then yelled at Kerr. This isn't captain material.

I agree Hartley playing him further back doesn't suit him, but he won't get us goals playing further forward as he shoots like a child. He needs dropped - he's contributing nothing.

Williams tried to run at people last night. Won a few corners and created a great chance for Haber who tried to square it instead of shoot. He also tracked back quite well last night. I'd stick with him. We don't have another choice tbh, but we do in other positions. 

Archived