Best junior grounds

Killiesquirrel

16 hours ago, Shanner said:

Loved Benburb.

By the end it was a crumbling relic of a byegone age but it was a great monument to what Junior Football once was. One of those places steeped in history and stale pish in equal measure. 

Bit like Southcroft was also like before they drove the mptorway through its heart. I always liked going there vwith the Social club right next door. Surprised there has been no mention of Hannah park here, another great venue with a very handy club.

Millburn (Vale of Leven) is another place where  you can feel the history oozing out out of the surroundings. No handy club nearby though!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So I tallied up the scores and I am using only this topic for the top five, so it is the PnB community that came up with this list.

Any comments or votes would be appreciated as it is to gather research for an assessment on my course.

Link:

https://lochlinhighet.wordpress.com/2016/11/14/top-five-junior-grounds/

A few of the Council parks are good facilities, Petersfield, Glenrothes and Banks of Dee spring to mind. 

My top 10 would be proper junior grounds would be

1. Linlithgow Rose

2. Sauchie

3. Kelty Hearts

4. Newtongrange

5. Pollock

6. Montrose Roselea

7. Auckinleck Talbot

8. Bathgate (Good enclosure, lovely pitch)

9. Rutherglen Glencairn (bit souless but still a good facility)

10. Pumperston (good old fashioned ground, hidden away. Good enclosure) 

As for best pies... its been a while but Haddington were very good. The best ones i had were at Bankfoot, sadly no longer with us. St. Andrews pies used to be good too!

Archived