The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Feel free to link to a post where I've linked to The Express, or that other favourite that I apparently treat as gospel, Breitbart :rolleyes:
Folk linking to The Guardian as final proof of anything political tho, Jesus fucking wept [emoji38]

Aye - because the Guardian isn't a serious newspaper.

[emoji57]

6 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

The amount of Americans that believe healthcare is a privilege and not a right is astounding tbh. An 'every man for himself' mentality.

I've broke this down before, but Obamacare is a failed system no matter what you believe in regarding the right to healthcare. It's in the cost spiral that basically every economist predicted. It was so poorly designed that many economists said it looked like it was designed to become so costly that Americans would accept Euro style single payer.

I am on Obamacare as I don't get insurance through work. I pay over $4,000 per year in insurance premiums. If I ever have to use my insurance for an ER visit, hospital stay, or prescription drugs, I am responsible for the first $6,000 of expenses in a given calendar year. Every year I get a notice that my insurance has been canceled, but that I can buy a similar plan that will cost me $500 per year extra or $1000 per year extra or $1500 per year extra depending on the year, with the deductible always going up as well. This is never going to stop. This is the position of anybody who makes just a bit over $30,000 per year (that's the cutoff for government assistance on premiums) in my state. Obamacare makes it illegal to buy health insurance across state lines. Right now we are down to one company that will provide Obamacare insurance where I live. Supposedly they claim they are losing money on our state. All the other companies that sold individual plans here pre-Obamacare have pulled out. I'm not sure what is going to happen if our last company pulls out like the other companies.

I am waiting to see what Trump and Congress come up with, then I will judge the replacement.

I will consider single payer when our government demonstrates that they can competently run their Veterans Hospitals at anything close to comparable with private hospitals. I'm not holding my breath on that though.

Edited by Deplorable

19 hours ago, banana said:

I hope you can see how ludicrous a framing you're going with, if not I can clarify. I also suspect to a significant degree you think they are bampots because they are right-wing in their politics rather than independently of their politics.

I'd wager you know this, but there's social science which suggests that lefties have a more retarded sense for judging morality than conservatives. Hence the tendencies of conservatives to think lefties are misguided and lefties to think conservatives are evil or bad people. In the modern world, this tendency is magnified by the break down of religious belief on the left as they now have no other route than politics to try and spread their moral beliefs.

6 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

What does this sentence even mean.

It means that conservatives use the same standards for judging morality as left wingers, but then more as well. Hence different conclusions about what is moral. Also, why conservatives can understand leftist moral reasoning, even if they disagree, while lefties can't understand conservative morality.

14 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

I'd wager you know this, but there's social science which suggests that lefties have a more retarded sense for judging morality than conservatives. Hence the tendencies of conservatives to think lefties are misguided and lefties to think conservatives are evil or bad people. In the modern world, this tendency is magnified by the break down of religious belief on the left as they now have no other route than politics to try and spread their moral beliefs.

The only way they can imitate Christianity-for that is what they are attempting to,do but conceal- is by spending other peoples money. They never put their hands in their own pockets, but virtue signal all day long.

Just now, Deplorable said:

Also, why conservatives can understand leftist moral reasoning, even if they disagree, while lefties can't understand conservative morality.

So supporters of a guy who rejects the science of vaccination, the basics of the science of climate and weather, whose VP rejects the science of evolution think they are "less retarded" than "lefties" because some non cited piece of social science allegedly says so.

Alchemy: turning pure irony into comedy gold.

13 hours ago, dorlomin said:

So supporters of a guy who rejects the science of vaccination, the basics of the science of climate and weather, whose VP rejects the science of evolution think they are "less retarded" than "lefties" because some non cited piece of social science allegedly says so.

Alchemy: turning pure irony into comedy gold.

This is perhaps the most number of strawmen I've seen in a single paragraph in the history of the interwebs. Six upvotes too from the usual suspects, good lord.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Another entry for my forthcoming dictionary of alt right fuckwittery.

^^^virtue signalling :lol:

Just now, banana said:

This is perhaps the most number

"the most number"

Does that clunk to some people? How about "the most strawmen", most already contains the concept of number in its meaning.

" the most number of strawmen I've seen in a single paragraph in the history of the interwebs "

Michael Bay level understatement.

14 hours ago, Deplorable said:

I'd wager you know this, but there's social science which suggests that lefties have a more retarded sense for judging morality than conservatives.

13 minutes ago, banana said:

^^^virtue signalling :lol:

I'm hoping you'll assist me with the definition of the quoted phrase and the peer reviewed paper in question.

7 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

"the most number"

Does that clunk to some people? How about "the most strawmen", most already contains the concept of number in its meaning.

most number...

most long-winded...

most inaccurate...

etc.

English lesson 'Ambiguity and Precision 101' over, laddie ;)