The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

22 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You beat me to it - it's an absolutely appalling idea - it gives Assad and Putin carte blanche to deal with anyone who opposes them.

Obama didn't do anything to hold them back, I'm not sure what he could have done. At least Russia, Turkey and Iran have some kind of talks going between the "moderate" rebels and the Government. Hopefully having Sunni Turkey coaxing the rebels and Shia Iran coaxing Assad will lead to some power sharing deal so everyone can concentrate on destroying IS. America has become irrelevant in Syria, and has undoubtedly done more harm than good, even if for the best motives.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

The wording of the anti-Trump petition is hilarious..."would cause embarrassment to  Her Majesty". 

The Monachy is a far bigger embarrassment to democracy than Donald Trump. Not that the servile trash inhabiting basket-case Great Britain can grasp this, however.

Lizzie is used to embarrassing state visits - Hirohito (1971), Ceausescu (1979), Kaunda (1983), Mugabe (1994), Putin (2003) and Zuma (2010).

Then there were state visits of the Presidents of China and Arab rulers - hardly champions of democracy, equality and human rights. I don't recall any online petitions against them. 

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Another day another absolutely nonsensical executive order with the regulations thing.

Government by executive order, I don't recall other Presidents doing that but I could be wrong.  Maybe they just didn't make such a big deal of it as Trump.  He loves sitting there with a smug look on his face being the centre of attention, a far bigger man-child than W and that's saying something.

15 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

So it turns out the white Canadian guy is the suspect after all. The Moroccan is only a witness.

Your move apologists.

I withheld judgement, your Honour, until the the full facts are known. Mainly because the reported shout of "Allahu Akbar" reminded me of the Greysteel Massacre shout of "Trick or treat?", and could well have been followed by "Motherfuckers". 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Government by executive order, I don't recall other Presidents doing that but I could be wrong.  Maybe they just didn't make such a big deal of it as Trump.  He loves sitting there with a smug look on his face being the centre of attention, a far bigger man-child than W and that's saying something.

You are wrong - https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/disposition.html. It's standard practice.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

My post was badly worded.  I should have said I don't remember a President doing all these in the first week, though again I could be mistaken.  I also don't remember them being used for such far reaching policies though, in fairness, that was not the point of my original post.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

My post was badly worded.  I should have said I don't remember a President doing all these in the first week, though again I could be mistaken.  I also don't remember them being used for such far reaching policies though, in fairness, that was not the point of my original post.

I don't remember any President doing them without checking whether they were legal or in the country's interests before.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Obama - http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/316623-trump-like-obama-signs-flurry-of-first-week-executive-actions

"Trump’s pace of six orders and eight memoranda in his first seven days puts him roughly on pace with former President Barack Obama’s first week in office. But Trump and Obama both dwarfed other recent presidents in their use of executive actions early in their term."

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

Obama - http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/316623-trump-like-obama-signs-flurry-of-first-week-executive-actions

"Trump’s pace of six orders and eight memoranda in his first seven days puts him roughly on pace with former President Barack Obama’s first week in office. But Trump and Obama both dwarfed other recent presidents in their use of executive actions early in their term."

So the only difference between Obama and Trump are the huge protests.

Lizzie is used to embarrassing state visits - Hirohito (1971), Ceausescu (1979), Kaunda (1983), Mugabe (1994), Putin (2003) and Zuma (2010).
Then there were state visits of the Presidents of China and Arab rulers - hardly champions of democracy, equality and human rights. I don't recall any online petitions against them. 

The Mall was a sea of protesters when the Chinese premier visited.
It probably started on the net somewhere.

Correct. The excluded Muslim countries don't have anything to do with Trump's business as you and others have implied.

Incorrect. A handful of Republican senators made the list. Those Republican senators who own shares in the same companies Trump's family does.