The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

"I'm the President, and you're not". Presumably the author missed out the "Nyer nyer nyer nyer" after that.

The c**t's 70 years old, for f**k's sakes.

tim.png

Whatever someone's views are on the US and the US Presidency, I think most of us would recognise the importance of the office.  Trump has devalued that significantly across the world.  There will be many Trump supporters who will not be interested in anything outwith their own borders but any right thinking US citizen will surely be embarrassed by his behaviour on the world stage.  His refusal to shake Merkel's hand was an incredibly low point.

When it comes to a vote I think enough Republicans will support the replacement healthcare bill.  If that happens then Trump will be lumbered with its effects, he won't be able to pass the buck on it - it will be his baby.

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

When it comes to a vote I think enough Republicans will support the replacement healthcare bill.  If that happens then Trump will be lumbered with its effects, he won't be able to pass the buck on it - it will be his baby.

If the House passes the Bill it will go to the Senate who will reject it and send it back to the House, and so on for months.The right wing/libertarians of the GOP hate it because it still means State intervention like guaranteeing people with pre-existing conditions and teenagers/early twenties health insurance. The moderates don't like it because it means 24 million will be taken out of health insurance. The Republicans have had 7 years to work out a plan while sabotaging Obamacare and have rushed this bill together in a few weeks. I can only think Trump hopes the bill won't pass and will be put on the back burner and he'll be able to blame Obama as healthcare steadily falls apart. Otherwise he'll be blamed for breaking all the promises to the poor fools who voted for him. The rational thing to do would be to keep Obamacare and fix the obvious defects, but that's not going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Trump has said he will wash his hands on the matter if it doesn't pass.
He can't lose. Even if it doesn't pass he can say he tried to help, blame "the swamp" and go back to playing golf.

He can't lose?  What absolute push.

Along with the wall, repealing Obamacare was the big promise.  Republican majority in the House, Republican majority in the Senate and this Republican President can't deliver.

This is lose lose for Trump.  I'm fucking delighted.

The best thing possible to happen is that it passes and the Trumpets realise they've been utterly screwed and vote for a Democrat majority in 2018. Unless you're looking after an American family on an average wage or are a bit poorly of course. If you're rich you'll be quids in.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He can't lose?  What absolute push.

Along with the wall, repealing Obamacare was the big promise.  Republican majority in the House, Republican majority in the Senate and this Republican President can't deliver.

This is lose lose for Trump.  I'm fucking delighted.

He doesn't care either way. He's just there to get rich. Don't believe his push.

Anyway, vote postponed. He was probably going to lose heavily.
It's a good day.

Trump embarrassing himself yet again.  Trying to blame the Democrats for what's happened.  :lol:

Only the stupidest of Trump supporters will buy his bullshit, I wonder what his approval rating will be like in 2 or 3 weeks?

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump embarrassing himself yet again.  Trying to blame the Democrats for what's happened.  :lol:

Only the stupidest of Trump supporters will buy his bullshit, I wonder what his approval rating will be like in 2 or 3 weeks?

Isn't that a lot of people, though?

As an aside, the Democratic leadership are completely uninspiring.  I'm sure there are decent, capable and inspiring folk within the Democratic ranks but whilst the old guard continue to control the leadership they won't get a chance.

To maximise the benefits of Trump's ongoing disasters the Democrats need people who will offer a different vision and can sell that vision; the likes of Pelosi and Schumer don't fit that bill.

Genuine question on healthcare in the US - has anyone from any side suggested a 'better' alternative? It seems Obamacare was unpopular, and the GOP version is a non-starter. With the healthcare/insurance industry so powerful - I read somewhere it's comparable in % of GDP terms to the oil industry in Russia - is it realistic to ever have a system which is fair and affordable to ordinary Americans?

Edited by Zetterlund

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

As an aside, the Democratic leadership are completely uninspiring.  I'm sure there are decent, capable and inspiring folk within the Democratic ranks but whilst the old guard continue to control the leadership they won't get a chance.

To maximise the benefits of Trump's ongoing disasters the Democrats need people who will offer a different vision and can sell that vision; the likes of Pelosi and Schumer don't fit that bill.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-trump-the-destroyer-w473144

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Genuine question on healthcare in the US - has anyone from any side suggested a 'better' alternative? It seems Obamacare was unpopular, and the GOP version is a non-starter. With the healthcare/insurance industry so powerful - I read somewhere it's comparable in % of GDP terms to the oil industry in Russia - is it realistic to ever have a system which is fair and affordable to ordinary Americans?

The Libertarian bit of right wing Republicans are suggesting a totally free enterprise model. People get together in large groups and approach insurance companies as a collective and ask for a quote for everyone, taking into account pre-existing conditions etc but meaning the same premium for everyone. Sounds communist to me. America's weird.