The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Don’t know how I missed this,

Violent brawl breaks out at Michigan GOP Committee meeting.

Here are some of the highlights:

“He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door,” Mr DeYoung said, adding that Mr Chapman ran at him and slammed him into a chair.

Mr DeYoung gave his account to the outlet over the phone from an emergency room where he said he was being treated for a broken rib.

For his part, Mr Chapman alleges that Mr DeYoung had swung at him and said: “I’ll kick your ass.” Mr DeYoung denies this happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michigan-gop-meeting-brawl-video-b2372408.html

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t know how I missed this,

Violent brawl breaks out at Michigan GOP Committee meeting.

Here are some of the highlights:

“He kicked me in my balls as soon as I opened the door,” Mr DeYoung said, adding that Mr Chapman ran at him and slammed him into a chair.

Mr DeYoung gave his account to the outlet over the phone from an emergency room where he said he was being treated for a broken rib.

For his part, Mr Chapman alleges that Mr DeYoung had swung at him and said: “I’ll kick your ass.” Mr DeYoung denies this happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michigan-gop-meeting-brawl-video-b2372408.html

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If his lawyers aren’t up to filling out the forms then he’s in serious shit.

It’s not filing out the forms, it’s filling them out without a simple oversight. I had the advantage of three previous applications (they used to be pre-hiring and then about every 10 years, moved to every 5 years, now every 3 years) to review to complete my latest. If I had been relying on memory for recall of 30+ years of travel and such, I’d have been in deep doo-doo.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Presumably someone will make a documentary about that guy someday, and I'd absolutely watch it. At this point, he seems like he genuinely believes that election stuff, completely without evidence, and to the expense of his (apparently profitable) business, which makes him one of the most mystifyingly dense people alive. If he's that credulous and dim, how did he become wealthy and successful in the first place? So many questions.

5 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Presumably someone will make a documentary about that guy someday, and I'd absolutely watch it. At this point, he seems like he genuinely believes that election stuff, completely without evidence, and to the expense of his (apparently profitable) business, which makes him one of the most mystifyingly dense people alive. If he's that credulous and dim, how did he become wealthy and successful in the first place? So many questions.

Well, the thing about when you’re packing in the fags, stick the money in a sweetie jar so you can see it all? Probably you’d have a right big sweetie jar coming off crack. 

20 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Well, the thing about when you’re packing in the fags, stick the money in a sweetie jar so you can see it all? Probably you’d have a right big sweetie jar coming off crack. 

I've seen enough "drugs turned me into a monster" documentaries - I was hoping for something like Mr Bean pratfalling his way into success and money by accident, before being horrifically exposed at the peak of his success.

Presumably featuring modern-day interviews with our confused hero from their care home..."but if the election wasn't rigged, why would our president have said so? I don't understand"

21 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I've seen enough "drugs turned me into a monster" documentaries - I was hoping for something like Mr Bean pratfalling his way into success and money by accident, before being horrifically exposed at the peak of his success.

Presumably featuring modern-day interviews with our confused hero from their care home..."but if the election wasn't rigged, why would our president have said so? I don't understand"

He does look a fair bit like a shit Mike Haggar off *Final Fight*. Maybe it was a Pinocchio thing where Haggar wished to be a real boy but the conversion went even worse than the Spectrum version of OutRun. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

He does look a fair bit like a shit Mike Haggar off *Final Fight*. Maybe it was a Pinocchio thing where Haggar wished to be a real boy but the conversion went even worse than the Spectrum version of OutRun. 

I knew he reminded me of someone.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I love that the guy who called his bluff was a supporter of President Trump, just not of God Emperor Trump, yet Pillowpants still assumes he's part of the deep state conspiracy or some such because he actually looked at the "evidence".

Presumably Lindell will declare bankruptcy before the $5m can be forcibly removed from his grasp.

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

I love that the guy who called his bluff was a supporter of President Trump, just not of God Emperor Trump, yet Pillowpants still assumes he's part of the deep state conspiracy or some such because he actually looked at the "evidence".

Presumably Lindell will declare bankruptcy before the $5m can be forcibly removed from his grasp.

It would be nice to think he could end up broke and destitute.

Mike Lindell, from the ‘My Pillow’ guy to the ‘My Doorway’ guy.

I love the suggestion that perhaps Donald should quit claiming he won in 2020…

“Twenty-Second Amendment

Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2

This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.”

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be nice to think he could end up broke and destitute.

Mike Lindell, from the ‘My Pillow’ guy to the ‘My Doorway’ guy.

The Americans cotton on to UK insults every now and then (twat being the most recent example I've heard, although they pronounce it "twot" as they're a bunch of twats), so it's a shame that nobody's been able to dub him the MyPillow pillock.

Lindell is not the only Trump ally in trouble.

Hobo lookalike Steve Bannon (see below) has been ordered to testify under oath in the Smartmatic lawsuit PLUS he’s been ordered to pay about half a million dollars in unpaid legal fees.

IMG_1592.png.a5bbfb1dbc36ddbbef31436f131e4ccd.png

The really fun bit is all the Trump allies and lawyers (Trump’s and the allies) are inching closer and close to contempt of court charges. Everyone scoffs at those, but it’s a near dictatorial power that judges have within that realm to jail people.

A Trump Super PAC paid his missus £155k in 2021 for ‘event planning and consulting’.  It’s incredible that his supporters don’t care about this outright grifting.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/melania-trump-payment-super-pac-b2375016.html

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

A Trump Super PAC paid his missus £155k in 2021 for ‘event planning and consulting’.  It’s incredible that his supporters don’t care about this outright grifting.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/melania-trump-payment-super-pac-b2375016.html

I suspect that it's actually quite simple. The millions of folk who have supported him and funded his nonsense since the last election simply CAN'T bring themselves to turn on him as they'd be confessing to having being conned for years. They don't want to "out" themselves as idiots.  It's a bit like the story of the Emperor's New clothes.  They're committed to the cult (no, cult) and if their friends are in the cult as well, nobody wants to be first to shout "The Emperor has no CLUE".