The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ach I hate Trump, but tbf its hardly an outrageous surprise that there are Seals based in the middle east. Its team 5 anyway so they aren’t tier 1 operators so its not really that huge a deal.

A bit daft I agree. The press were hammering him for being too chicken to meet the troops in a war zone and when he does it they invent this story about secret special forces being revealed when they're laughing in front of the cameras and getting selfies. The US media is fucked, nobody seems to be attempting independant, objective journalism anymore.

Ach I hate Trump, but tbf its hardly an outrageous surprise that there are Seals based in the middle east. Its team 5 anyway so they aren’t tier 1 operators so its not really that huge a deal.

Grauniad is gonna Grauniad.

The genuine “scandal” of his visit is his rampant lying to the soldiers about their pay raise. Not had one for ten years, he said. I demanded more than ten percent, he said. Neither of which was true.

Grauniad is gonna Grauniad.

The genuine “scandal” of his visit is his rampant lying to the soldiers about their pay raise. Not had one for ten years, he said. I demanded more than ten percent, he said. Neither of which was true.

Definitely i mean the man is an absolute moron, he lies but their electorate still view him favourably. I think these kind of daft stories dont do the ‘media bad’ angle any harm when they could focus on the real issues. If the guy had posted a pic of him and seal team 6 or delta etc then obviously it’d be a bigger deal but he’s basically posted the equivalent of a picture with a bunch of para’s from my understanding. Most of these guys tell everyone they are seals and its only when they get to tier 1 they are supposed to be quiet.

After Trump blocked the wages of 800,000 Federal workers getting paid because Ann Coulter called him a pussy on Twitter, he's now stopped a promised wage rise of 2.1% on the grounds of  "national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare.", the conditions of which are totally down to his tariff wars and massive tax giveaway to the rich. Even his base must be catching on that he's not working for them. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_content=2018-12-29T16%3A00%3A21&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

After Trump blocked the wages of 800,000 Federal workers getting paid because Ann Coulter called him a pussy on Twitter, he's now stopped a promised wage rise of 2.1% on the grounds of  "national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare.", the conditions of which are totally down to his tariff wars and massive tax giveaway to the rich. Even his base must be catching on that he's not working for them. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_content=2018-12-29T16%3A00%3A21&utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social

The Parliamentary system in the UK and Scotland is not perfect but I would have it ahead of a Presidential system any day.  There is nothing democratic about one person having so much power.

20 hours ago, Detournement said:

So the authors of the Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russian election interference have themselves been rumbled creating fake Russian accounts to influence an election and make it look like the Russians did it. Only this time the $100k spent on it, the same amount allegedly spent by the Russians to influence the 2016 election, is 'a small experiment' and too insignificant to have had an effect.

It's almost as if the entire Russian meddling narrative, one of the biggest ongoing news stories for the last 2 years, was completely made up from the start.

So the authors of the Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russian election interference have themselves been rumbled creating fake Russian accounts to influence an election and make it look like the Russians did it. Only this time the $100k spent on it, the same amount allegedly spent by the Russians to influence the 2016 election, is 'a small experiment' and too insignificant to have had an effect.
It's almost as if the entire Russian meddling narrative, one of the biggest ongoing news stories for the last 2 years, was completely made up from the start.

Get your pipes checked for lead m9

11 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I don't think I said anything controversial there - pretty much just summing up what the NYT (and others since) have reported on Re 'New Knowledge'.

If you think that’s a ‘summing up’ of the article then you have literacy issues.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

If you think that’s a ‘summing up’ of the article then you have literacy issues.

Which part of Zetterlund's post do you think is wrong?

New Knowledge created loads of fake profiles and used them to boost Moore. They then made false claims that Moore was being supported by the Kremlin when it was actually them which were widely reported.

New Knowledge also produced a report for the Senate Intelligence Committee about election disinformation.