The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Daniel Dale provides the full kidney quote:

I dont know what this is that he has signed and therefore I dont know how big/revolutionary or bad/inhumane it is. On the face of it though, signing a law change to help people with kidney problems must surely be a very good thing? Yet instead of celebrating it the people against trump target him for ridicule as if he believes the kidney is inside the heart which he obviously doesn't. This ridiculous approach to slag off trump no matter what he does, good or bad, isn't helping anyone. No wonder his supporters dig in when people want to criticise him no matter what. The same on Brexit, Scottish Indy, everything. If you're on the other side you get slagged off as an idiot and shame on you for not seeing the light. We need to change tact massively, including recognising good things from the other side, if we are going to get people to join our side of the debate.

I despair more at the people holding the same view as me when they ridicule/humiliate or even in some cases abuse the other side no matter what we do.

We are losing this debate, not only in scotland, but also in the UK and also in the USA and beyond, because we try to act superior and belittle those that think differently. We need to be more confident in our views and opinions and explain them in a way that gets others to join us, rather than criticise or point and laugh or name call.

We are losing the debate and we're alienating the people that should be on our side.

But let's all feel better because we're laughing at big bag trump who said the kidney is in the heart.

I dont know what this is that he has signed and therefore I dont know how big/revolutionary or bad/inhumane it is. On the face of it though, signing a law change to help people with kidney problems must surely be a very good thing? Yet instead of celebrating it the people against trump target him for ridicule as if he believes the kidney is inside the heart which he obviously doesn't. This ridiculous approach to slag off trump no matter what he does, good or bad, isn't helping anyone. No wonder his supporters dig in when people want to criticise him no matter what. The same on Brexit, Scottish Indy, everything. If you're on the other side you get slagged off as an idiot and shame on you for not seeing the light. We need to change tact massively, including recognising good things from the other side, if we are going to get people to join our side of the debate.

I despair more at the people holding the same view as me when they ridicule/humiliate or even in some cases abuse the other side no matter what we do.

We are losing this debate, not only in scotland, but also in the UK and also in the USA and beyond, because we try to act superior and belittle those that think differently. We need to be more confident in our views and opinions and explain them in a way that gets others to join us, rather than criticise or point and laugh or name call.

We are losing the debate and we're alienating the people that should be on our side.

But let's all feel better because we're laughing at big bag trump who said the kidney is in the heart.
That's quite a leap to conflate the Trump presidency with Scottish politics. Trump cannot be reasoned with, therefore it is natural that people seek to ridicule and satirise him - if only Voltaire were alive today.

And in case you've missed it, most of the extreme, nasty stuff emanates from the forces of the right, the constituency which supports the demagogues we are now forced to ensure.

One kidney bill in the credit ledger doesn't begin to address Trump's account balance.

6 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Ooft. Apparently told a group of Democrats of colour they should go back and help fix the crime-infested places from which they came.

That's Detroit, New York and Cincinnati incidentally.

It's clear who he was aiming at.  The Republicans are absolutely terrified of AOC, for whatever reason, and Trump's a rotten racist who dislikes Omar because of her skin colour and religion.  The hyperbolic reaction to anything Trump says or does has meant that he gets away with what in this country would be a resignation issue - or at least would have been not very long ago.

Edited by Savage Henry

If the USA stands back and lets this flow through then they're absolute shitebags. There really needs to be a means of taking this c**t to court that sits outside impeachment. 

1 hour ago, HTG said:

If the USA stands back and lets this flow through then they're absolute shitebags. There really needs to be a means of taking this c**t to court that sits outside impeachment. 

Even Ruthie's come out in condemnation of Trump's latest gaffe, and is suggesting that both our PM candidates do likewise.

Doubt if that will happen.

Interesting that he's chosen to die on this particular hill right now. Is there any reason why he feels he needs to tip the wink to the racists at the moment? Purely because he's taking heat for having camps full of brown people drinking toilet water?

I'm not a great believer in the "he just spouts random gibberish" school of thought.

The Democrats need to respond to this in a way that resonates with people in the flyover states who are now outside their core base to rebuild the blue wall. Something like we need more people like AOC standing up against the corporations on healthcare and fewer billionaires in office pushing tax cuts for the rich, etc.

Trump is able to get a lot of people to vote against their class interest, so the best way to go after him is to remind blue collar voters that a red baseball cap with a patriotic slogan doesn't make him one of them.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Even Ruthie's come out in condemnation of Trump's latest gaffe, and is suggesting that both our PM candidates do likewise.

Doubt if that will happen.

Tbf Hunt's trying to stop USA v Iran kicking off at the mo, maybe not the best time for virtue signalling.

44 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Interesting that he's chosen to die on this particular hill right now. Is there any reason why he feels he needs to tip the wink to the racists at the moment? Purely because he's taking heat for having camps full of brown people drinking toilet water?

I'm not a great believer in the "he just spouts random gibberish" school of thought.

He seems as though he might get spotlighted for a previous accusation of rape in the child sex abuse case with Epstein so even a racist squirrel is better than a peado headline.

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

He seems as though he might get spotlighted for a previous accusation of rape in the child sex abuse case with Epstein so even a racist squirrel is better than a peado headline.

"I may have fucked a child, but I'll kick the shit out of the darkies for you" - Trump 2020.

"Sorry guys, I can't keep up with this guy" - Cthulhu 2020.

Beginning to suspect that Trump is deliberately honing down to his core deplorables to the exclusion of all others, to ensure he loses the election but has a guaranteed audience for his new TV collaboration with Breitbart and Infowars. He's already started slagging off Fox which is unheard of. Mind you, that's what I thought in 2016. He did look a bit bewildered when he won then though.