The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

I don't think Warren can overcome this. The Hillary fanatics might get her through the primaries but the entire GE will end up about her ethnicity.

I get the impression she was just repeating the family story she was brought up with, otherwise she wouldn't have got the genetic testing done and made a fool of herself. Don't expect you to stop repeating the Trump talking points though.

Turns out that in just two hours, my last tweet contained a mistruth. THIS is my favourite.

That screams of disinformation- the kind of think Trump’s people would leak, refuse to comment on, and then deny after publication - fake news, if you will.

That said, Trump at this point appears to be capable of anything.

Slightly scary sign of the times.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has accused the Supreme Court of carrying out a "constitutional coup" after it ruled that Boris Johnson's suspension of Parliament was unlawful.

Slightly scary sign of the times.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has accused the Supreme Court of carrying out a "constitutional coup" after it ruled that Boris Johnson's suspension of Parliament was unlawful.

This is the Steve Bannon connection. It’s not a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

U.S. hits Scotch whisky, Italian cheese, French wine with 25% tariffs
https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/02/u-s-hits-scotch-whisky-italian-cheese-french-wine-with-25-tariffs

So much for the special relationship. Presumably the EU will retaliate but this is grist to the mill for the Brexiteers.

f**k Diageo

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/may/30/diageo-scottish-independence-whisky

11 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

U.S. hits Scotch whisky, Italian cheese, French wine with 25% tariffs
https://www.euronews.com/2019/10/02/u-s-hits-scotch-whisky-italian-cheese-french-wine-with-25-tariffs

So much for the special relationship. Presumably the EU will retaliate but this is grist to the mill for the Brexiteers.

I don't understand the WTO logic on this, Boeing's had just as much if not more state subsidies as Airbus. 

P.S. WTO is due to rule on the Boeing subsidies next year, seems daft to do them separately. Not sure why this would be grist to the mill for Brexiteers, their beloved WTO shafting British exporters.

Edited by welshbairn

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't understand the WTO logic on this, Boeing's had just as much if not more state subsidies as Airbus. 

P.S. WTO is due to rule on the Boeing subsidies next year, seems daft to do them separately. Not sure why this would be grist to the mill for Brexiteers, their beloved WTO shafting British exporters.

99.99% (approx) of brexiters know absolutely f**k-all about WTO rules and regulations. 

Just saying.

Brexiteers: If we were out of the EU this wouldnt affect us!

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's not the WTO shafting British exporters it's Trump. The WTO is only for controlling poor, non white countries.