General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that it'll be moving from Red engine to UE5. Maybe it'll be more stable. 

Hope either way they take their fucking time and release it in a similar state to Witcher 3 than either Cyberpunk or even Witcher 2. 

Interesting that it'll be moving from Red engine to UE5. Maybe it'll be more stable. 
Hope either way they take their fucking time and release it in a similar state to Witcher 3 than either Cyberpunk or even Witcher 2. 

Mind W3 had issues at launch also.

20 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Mind W3 had issues at launch also.

Can't remember any specific problems, I played from launch and at least found it to be a well polished and finished game. Not saying there weren't any but it was in a much better state than the games that came either side of it. 

On 22/03/2022 at 17:51, GiGi said:

I mean they can be a  used of many things but rushing Cybepunk isn't one. Game was in development for 4 years and went through delay after delay...it probably needed 2 more but the wider public at large know better and forced CDPR's hand to push deadlines forward bring it out well before it was ready.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I mean they can be a  used of many things but rushing Cybepunk isn't one. Game was in development for 4 years and went through delay after delay...it probably needed 2 more but the wider public at large know better and forced CDPR's hand to push deadlines forward bring it out well before it was ready.

I don't think it was the public so much as it was an executive decision from the bosses at CDPR who wanted to get the money rolling in. There were plenty of leaks from angry developers who worked on the game who said they told them many times how far from complete the game was.

I got Cyberpunk for £13 and from what I’ve played, it’s decent. Not the worth the hype train that preceded it; but I understand that this game was definitely still far from finished, you can STILL tell there were things that were meant to be implemented but are just unused assets in the world. Hopefully the next Witcher game won’t suffer the same fate. Witcher 3 literally had no filler, and it was fucking HUGE with the DLC’s.

I got it at launch and recently went back and started it again, and played it through to completion.  I quite enjoyed it to be honest after finding it pretty meh initially.  The world is very impressive, but struggling to see too much in it that isn't done just as well elsewhere.  And it shouldn't take as long as it did for a game to get to that level.  But if you can get it pretty cheap I'd recommend it.

8 minutes ago, forameus said:

I got it at launch and recently went back and started it again, and played it through to completion.  I quite enjoyed it to be honest after finding it pretty meh initially.  The world is very impressive, but struggling to see too much in it that isn't done just as well elsewhere.  And it shouldn't take as long as it did for a game to get to that level.  But if you can get it pretty cheap I'd recommend it.

What about on PS4? Or just avoid it completely then?

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What about on PS4? Or just avoid it completely then?

Couldn't tell you to be honest.  I started on PS5 and had an OK time, just thought it was a bit meh.  Don't think I ever started it on PS4

Maybe not worth creating a whole new thread, but anyone picked up Ghostwire: Tokyo?  I'm a sucker for games modelling real-life locations, so had to get it. Reviews seemed mixed early on, people calling it boring but I'm finding it quite fun.  It's utterly batshit mental in a lovely Japanese kind of way.  Full of (I assume) references to Japanese cultures and their very deep lore of creatures and ghosts.  Shopkeepers being replaced by floating, glowing cats.  You can read the minds of animals.  Headless schoolchildren try to kick your head off.  Slenderman looking fuckers chase you with umbrellas and chuck scenery at you.  Looks absolutely wonderful though.

Playing through Layers of Fear on PS5. It's down to £3.99 on PS Store*. It's a first person horror game and it's pretty batshit crazy. There are the odd jumps but it's like Outlast in that you have no weapon. Nothing chases (yet anyway) you in this one though. Apparently they do in the second one though. For that price it's a decent wee number that passes a few hours. If you can get it for under a tenner I'd give it a shot.

Has anyone played Visage? Supposed to be a very scary game but the price is scaring me the now to just jump in to it tbh.

After having finally picked up a PS5 a couple of weeks ago I'm looking for some suggestions of reasonably cheap games (Physical up to £20, Digital up to £10).

The only game I have is GT7 but I've gotten the enhanced version of GTA5 and FFVII.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

After having finally picked up a PS5 a couple of weeks ago I'm looking for some suggestions of reasonably cheap games (Physical up to £20, Digital up to £10).

The only game I have is GT7 but I've gotten the enhanced version of GTA5 and FFVII.

Demon's Souls is great, would thoroughly recommend. Not sure if it's down to £20 yet though.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

6 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Demon's Souls is great, would thoroughly recommend. Not sure if it's down to £20 yet though.

Cheers. I did see the remastered Alan Wake can be got for about £20. I really enjoyed that back in the 360 days but only played through it once.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm not sure on prices at all tbh. Miles Morales is great fun and has been out a while. 

Have you played Astros Playroom yet? That's free. 

Not fancy renting?

The new Spiderman is indeed great fun. I think if I paid over £25 for it I'd be pretty annoyed mind you. The main story is very short but there are a good few side missions. Whizzing through NYC as Spiderman never seems to get boring either.