Teckle Christmas Gifts

BFTD

The absolute best christmas present for the other half is a night away somewhere for the two of you. Epitome of selfishness dressed up as being romantic/thoughtful.

Why didn't I think of that instead of buying her jewellery?

17 hours ago, throbber said:

I'm needing ideas for a Christmas present for a fat, boorish, rather slovenly 30 year old drunk who doesn't really have many hobbies - if anyone can think of any decent ideas then let me know. £100 maximum.

Thought you were buying me a pressie there, till I saw the age was wrong.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

What does teckle mean?

Aye, whit he said.

Why didn't I think of that instead of buying her jewellery?

f**k that shit for a laugh, not a hope in hell I'd buy the missus jewellery, she'd just moan that my taste is awful. Same goes for perfumes, clothes and other things to wear/use.

So I've developed a tactic of buying stuff that I think she'll like that serves no practical value and that I'd secretly love, much like Dazzles dvds. So much easier.

Her birthday is on the 30th of December, which is a bit of a c**t as far as present buying goes. I can't pitch them too far apart in terms of quality or thought, as there isn't enough time in between for any relative discrepancy to be gotten away with.

Sorted her birthday present already, bought her a Bose wireless speaker so she can stream music from her phone (when washing the dishes or making my dinner, obviously) as it seemed too practical and unglamorous to be a good christmas present. Problem is I now need to get something that is glamorous/pretty/girly in order that she doesn't get too pissed off when I use the speaker as often as she does.

Is there actually perfume that women won't like? I mean can you buy them a brand and they will complain they don't like the smell of it? I would have thought it was a universal easily thing to buy for women, much like bath bombs, chocolate and slippers.

Umm...good luck with that. It's the same as guys and aftershave.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is there actually perfume that women won't like? I mean can you buy them a brand and they will complain they don't like the smell of it? I would have thought it was a universal easily thing to buy for women, much like bath bombs, chocolate and slippers.

I'm sure there must be a female equivalent to "Old Spice".

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Hoover.

Hope that helps.

Does it have to be a Hoover or is any old vacuum cleaner acceptable? Coincidentally, I was considering buying her a Dyson hairdryer until I seen they cost the best part of 500CHF. f**k that.

I couldn't care less about aftershaves myself, i have never had a brand that i have actually disliked the smell of though. 

I usually buy my Mrs what ever perfume i can find when i am out of other ideas for things to get her and she hasn't ever complained. Wouldn't get her clothes or jewellery though.

It's personal choice isn't it? I don't wear aftershave, but if I'm ever in the shops and smell a few there's always ones that I like and ones that I hate.

The issue with clothes is always the size and shape! Well plus the fact that men usually have awful taste in what a girl would like. Funnily enough the only thing I'd ever feel comfortable buying is underwear, I know I'd get that right, not that I'd ever do that right enough!

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I got her a GHD one which is apparently good. Maybe a cost effiecint compromise. And you dont have to live with further lining of James Dysons pockets. He does make good hoovers the p***k

I'm waiting on the results of a poll(I asked my two sisters) before deciding on an alternative.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm waiting on the results of a poll(I asked my two sisters) before deciding on an alternative.

My burd bought this for herself, she's not too impressed . She may just be a moaning bitch though (wait on someone saying she screams when she's with them).

A fucking hair dryer is a hair dryer in my eyes, surely they can all do the job?

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

My burd bought this for herself, she's not too impressed . She may just be a moaning bitch though (wait on someone saying she screams when she's with them).

A fucking hair dryer is a hair dryer in my eyes, surely they can all do the job?

I would tend to agree, and having seen the price the only way she is getting one is if she is stupid enough to buy one herself.

bought her a Bose wireless speaker so she can stream music from her phone (when washing the dishes or making my dinner, obviously)

Please, please, please tell her that - word for word - when she opens it.

If you come out of that conversation without a large hand-shaped print on your face, I'll buy you a pint.

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

Tam - If you buy a cheap shite hairdryer it will probably break before a good quality one like everything else sadly - buy cheap you buy twice.

PS - Your gf moaned plenty when she was with me last night.

That's the first sensible post I think I've ever seen from you throbber. Well done.

The first part obviously, second part we know is lies as you were busy with Cuddy.

f**k it was a threesome. You're a c**t throbber.