Stenhousemuir v Livi

This game just got a little more interesting, I'm not going to lie I had this down as a certain win for us but that was some result for Stenny yesterday and it's made me a tad nervous. 

This is our game in hand over Airdrie, so it's an opportunity to really open up a gap ahead of meeting them next weekend. 

We havent been playing at all great recently but have been grinding our results, the last two wins could've easily been drawn or defeats. 

I know I sound like a broken record recently but surely Dale Carrick starts this one ? Wouldn't surprise me if we stick with the same again though but it's not really working for me. 

Obviously I'd like us to win a game comfortably for the nerves but I'd take any kind of win here as Stenny will be high on confidence after yesterday and this game got a little tougher for us.

Always enjoy my trips to Stenny, proper terracing behind the goals and good memories of winning the league their a few years back. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-0 Stenhousemuir. I can dream. I can dream.

As you said above, yesterday's result changed the look of this game. Stenny fans excited for a game for once. We looked like a team yesterday and were superb against a poor Airdrie team. 

Going to be a tough game, but I think we can win this.

Prediction

2-0 Stenhousemuir. Not the 5-0 from above. 

If we lose 5 or 6 nil you're for it LiviLion.:lol:

The 5-0 horsing of Airdrie just might work out to be good for us, not just in the obvious way of Airdrie dropping 3 points, but it should really focus our players going into this game and there will be no chance they'll be taking it lightly. So in that respect we should be going in knowing we have to be right up for it and at our best.

Carrick and Mullin starting is a tricky one, may well be the case them coming on late against tired players is why they had such an impact against Stranraer, but I agree with Andy Carrick should start in this game as we've struggled in our last 2 games until he came on.

Wouldn't be upset if Mullin was kept on the bench as an impact sub though, his pace certainly causes a lot of problems in the last 20 mins of a game when he's fresh on as a sub, That way we're not putting all our eggs in the one basket.in case playing all our best attacking players from the start doesn't work.

Hopefully we bring Stenny back down to earth with a bump after their big win against Airdrie, mon the Lions.

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

While Saturday's result was brilliant, I can't see us reprising it tomorrow night. I'd fancy Livingston to stick two or three past us.

That said, they do seem to have a weird blindspot when it comes to the league's jobbers, so who knows?

I actually think Hopkin has learnt from earlier games when he took off our LB and had 3 forwards playing at the same time, it left us vulnerable to the counter attack and didn't really work in attack as they were all getting in one anothers way, playing in the same space. Noticed in our games since the Peterhead defeat that he's been far more patient when we've been in games against stuffy teams.

Really looking forward to the game tonight and hopefully we can go further clear at the top of the table. Grinding out results is the stuff of champions but I think we need to be making things a lot easier for ourselves at times.
Hopefully a clean sheet tonight but with Stenny playing as they did on saturday I'd say that is probably not going to happen. In addition although we are scoring, we aren't scoring enough to kill games. Always a 1 goal lead which as we know can mean nothing with our defence.
Good performance needed tonight.

3 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Really looking forward to the game tonight and hopefully we can go further clear at the top of the table. Grinding out results is the stuff of champions but I think we need to be making things a lot easier for ourselves at times.
Hopefully a clean sheet tonight but with Stenny playing as they did on saturday I'd say that is probably not going to happen. In addition although we are scoring, we aren't scoring enough to kill games. Always a 1 goal lead which as we know can mean nothing with our defence.
Good performance needed tonight.

Our defence gets a lot of stick but we've actually the best goals against stat in the league  just now, our defence is doing quite well when one of them isn't taken off for us to push everyone up front for goals in games. Only conceded 2 goals in our last 3 games too.

Hopefully the artificial pitch will encourage our players to pass the ball on the deck and it'll give our forwards a better chance to got on the ball, rather than punting high balls up to them.

Our defence gets a lot of stick but we've actually the best goals against stat in the league  just now, our defence is doing quite well when one of them isn't taken off for us to push everyone up front for goals in games. Only conceded 2 goals in our last 3 games too.
Hopefully the artificial pitch will encourage our players to pass the ball on the deck and it'll give our forwards a better chance to got on the ball, rather than punting high balls up to them.

I don't disagree that we have a good goals against statistic however it's not a good feeling going into a game knowing we have to score at least 2 goals to win a match based on the fact we have only had 2 league clean sheets all season.

This will most likely be like our other matches of late and if we are going to win its going to be scrappy. Also like LF has already said Stenhousemuir hammering Airdrie will make sure our players aren't taking this lightly. Carrick starting is a must.

2 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

I don't disagree that we have a good goals against statistic however it's not a good feeling going into a game knowing we have to score at least 2 goals to win a match based on the fact we have only had 2 league clean sheets all season.

Yeah but we've the best goals for stat too and in most games scoring 2 goals hasn't been a problem.

Carrick, Mullin and Knox coming in for this game.
Livi XI: Kelly, Halkett, Lithgow, Crighton, Longridge, Mullin, Pittman, Byrne, Knox, De Vita, Carrick

Buchanan dropped to the bench.
Subs: Maley, Watt, Neill, Ogilvie, Currie, Buchanan, Cadden
Must be going to bring Cadden and Buchanan on 2nd half.

An even half between two well-matched teams with Livingston just shading it. Their goal was horrendous from a Stenhousemuir perspective - a long ball shelled forward and a horrendous bit of miscommunication between Ciaran Summers and Colin McCabe saw the former loop a header over the goalkeeper and into the empty net.

We've been alright other than that and have done well to blunt Livi's offence. They haven't had any real clear-cut chances, while David Marsh headed our best effort over the bar from two yards.

All to play for!

Archived