Stenhousemuir v Livi

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best performance iv seen from Livi since God knows when.
Defence looked unbreakable and solid this evening.
Longridge was sensational I thought and Pittman in the middle again but Byrne ran the show for me. Carrick was best player on the park by a mile and thoroughly deserved his goal. Fully expect him to start with Buchanan on saturday.

Just now, LogieLivi said:

Best performance iv seen from Livi since God knows when.
Defence looked unbreakable and solid this evening.
Longridge was sensational I thought and Pittman in the middle again but Byrne ran the show for me. Carrick was best player on the park by a mile and thoroughly deserved his goal. Fully expect him to start with Buchanan on saturday.

Mullen is meant to be back fit for Sat too so gives us great options up front and a nice headache for Hokpin.

Mullen is meant to be back fit for Sat too so gives us great options up front and a nice headache for Hokpin.

Agreed but I see more potential and goals in Carrick than I do Mullen. In saying that I would like to see what Mullin and Carrick could do playing together. Both are like very pacy target men. But then Buchanan would be left on the bench and he's been in great form this season.
Liked the look of currie when he came on. Knox was alright but not sure what's so special about him.

If the first half was pretty even, the second half was almost exclusively a one-sided affair. Livingston strolled it, not because they were outrageously better than us but because they're a lot fitter. Their second, third and fourth goals came later on in the game when we looked tired out. All three came from nice moves, to be fair, and their finishing was on point.

We didn't offer anything in the second half. Big Sean Crighton was puffing a massive cigar as he headed punt after punt.

It's probably a lot more important we pick something up against East Fife and Albion Rovers. Beating the Fifers especially would bring us right back amongst it.

Disappointing to be on the end of such a heavy defeat especially after the first half performance but this is happening far too often. I heard we haven't won at home in the league since February. Need to pick ourselves up for the next two games.

Very comfortable, Stenny have a lot to do if they want to avoid relegation, certainly from what I've seen of them in the two games. 

Not that we where brilliant, infact first half was fairly even. 

2nd half was as one sided a game as you're likely to see, controlled the game, hardly looked under pressure at all. 

Im not Dale Carrick before anyone says it lol, he was man of the match, ran his socks off and very much deserved his goal. 

We made a few changes tonight and still looked convincing, that's the difference between us and the rest just now, we have a good squad of players and changing the team doesn't have any detriment to the teams ability. 

Thats now 8 away wins on the bounce, we managed 9 in 2010-11 so can we match that next time out away from home ? 

Onwards to our next game, chance to put a huge gap between ourselves and 2nd place. 

Carrick again was absolutely superb and we eased away in the end, Fabregas has said there we look a lot fitter and while lots of fans of this league have said all season there is not much difference between part time and full time teams, that is where there is a massive difference. In 2010/11 we didn't start opening up a gap until 2011 where the difference in fitness showed.

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post but David Marsh should have been sent off for his lunge on Craig Halkett on the stand-side touchline. It was late, studs-up and off the ground; it was an obvious red card. I couldn't believe the referee only saw fit to caution him.

Fairly even first half as most have said, Stenny had a few good chances, in particular the header over the bar from all of 2 yards. We had our own too, Mullin pulling a good save from the 'keeper and De Vita inexplicably missing at the back post. My gut feeling is that we wouldn't get away with most of what we did in the first half in the Championship; but then again, I doubt we'd be playing wee Knox in CM there. Second half was altogether more convincing, some brilliant play from the wide positions on several occasions, culminating in three well worked goals. Pleased for Carrick - the last time I saw us was about a month ago, at home to Peterhead, and if you'd asked my feelings on Carrick maybe heading in January, I wouldn't really have cared. Now, I'd be gutted if he went - looked well up for it, showing some good pace and more-than-decent hold up play, and a deserved goal to boot.

Pleasing that we've opened up a lead so relatively early in the season, the real challenge now is for the manager to keep the players on track and not become complacent. I've no doubt it'll be a tougher match on Saturday, Airdrie's pride will have taken a denting after their defeat to Stenny.

Also shout out to the Ochilview stadium announcer for unexpected top class patter. 8/10, one of my top five grounds in the country. Thank you.

ETA: No idea how Marsh was not sent off. I think the referee was the only one in the ground who thought it was a yellow.

Ah forgot to mention the stadium announcer... One of the strangest, cringiest but funniest things I've ever heard at a football match, 

"Could the Stenny fans who think we will kick Livi's ass, give me a hell yeh" wtf hahaha

oh and I'm glad he told us twice to follow the exit signs on the way out otherwise I may have got lost, shocking behaviour from a couple of Stenny fans who defied the order and went the opposite way to the signs. 

And yeh horrible tackle by Marsh, over the ball studs up, only the referee thought it wasn't a red.  

Archived