Old photos of your club

12 hours ago, whereismillar said:

here is the old east terracing at the recs F knows when but looks like the 90's

used to stand here at all games back in the day and prefferred it to the "gazebo wi seats " they have there now , not allowed there now as it is for away fans only...they are welcome to it ! stole the pic BTW...sorry :)

Copy (3) of scan0002.jpg

Why on earth did Alloa knock that down? I realise they have the terrible gazebo stand there now, but there was definitely an interim period with nothing running down that touchline, in the Second Division circa 2006?

Alloa is terrible ground now for the away fans. Home terrace always looks good though.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

More Boghead.

dfc5.JPG

dfc8.JPG

Where did you find the flag unfurling pic? I was scouring the net looking for something from that day a while back but drew a blank. 

Is that Dunfermline in the bottom pic? It looks like it could be their away kit. Also there are people on the Chernobyl terracing (the cut off was the end of the Turnberry roof iirc), which means it must be 1992/93 when we had an all gold kit and in the same division as the Pars.

Eta the teams played in May 1993 which could explain the weather and attire of the crowd. The other game at Boghead that season was December.

Edited by microdave

The cricket ground in the bottom left of the bottom picture is Heriot's old Cricket ground and I believe Leith played there just after WW1.

I don't suppose you know who played at the ground at the top, across the Water of Leith on what is now presumably Craigroyston's pitch?

Near to Powderhall (sometimes called New Powderhall) were the Old Logie Green and New Logie Green (sometimes called Old Powderhall) stadiums.

Shown here is the latter, hosting the only Scottish Cup Final ever played outside Glasgow.

Eagle-eyed observers will note in the second picture the earlier versions of (from left to right) the 'D', penalty box and 6-yard box.

1653730290.jpg

CjfSPimWkAElt9m.jpg

stbernards1003-gallery-695585.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

Even weirder was they used to graze sheep on it and I think that is what the white dots in that picture are.

Think I would rather of had them plump for that one all of those years ago. The money some developer would have paid us for it in the eighties would have more than paid for a new ground.

Ayr United...Making the wrong choices since 1910 

I've got Duncan Carmichael's book "The Official History of Ayr United Football Club - Volume One 1876-1939".

There are some great old photos of the clubs that played in Ayr before United, like Parkhouse.

19 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It really is. The Jerry Kerr gets a great deal of stick due to its 'rats warren' layout, ageing interior and tight legroom but for an actual view it is great of you are towards the centre circle half way up.

As a visiting fan I have to say I enjoy a visit to Tannadice, great view from JK stand.

2 hours ago, Deputy Keeper said:

The latest picture looks like the last match at Boghead versus East Fife. As the late Bob Crampsey used to say, if the football at Boghead was poor, you could always lift your eyes and enjoy the panoramic view of the Kilpatrick hills!

It definitely was the last match at Boghead. I remember it well. Mixed emotions that day. I caught a signed football that the East Fife team blootered into the terracing before the game but on the other hand, we blew a half-time lead and fucked up promotion.