Partick Thistle vs Dundee - Wednesday 28 December

Bringing in Haber certainly seemed to point that way.

We've been too tippy tippy since Hartley came in. We got away with it since we had Stewart, Hemmings and Harkins. We've now had to change the way we play since we've been found wanting badly this season.

I doubt anyone would associate Haber with hoof ball pre Dundee though. He was never known for his exceptional ability in the air at St Johnstone as far as I'm aware. He is pretty special in the air though I'm surprised at just how good he is in the air. It's a real pity that 9x out of 10 it's the opposition that mop up the second ball.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. Definitely think Bain shouldn't be beaten for the free kick. It's a nice height and his side of the goal. The second goal is an absolute clanger from practically our whole defence and Bain. Erskine pretty much gets free run through the midfield - no idea where McGowan or Hateley are but see Vincent nowhere near the play, Holt sitting high up the left wing. Gadzhalov then gets sold a dummy. Bain parries a pretty weak shot that he should be holding which drops to Doolan whilst O'Dea and Julen are ballwatching. Doolan then takes it round Bain with one touch despite being in a awkward position when taking the ball on. His first touch takes him by 4 Defenders and the keeper and leaves him with an open net.

Absolutely embarrassing on all fronts. The very last clip to be of Wighton skying a no hoper shot with his left foot sums it up.

Ground that out, not anywhere near our best but in a way its more encouraging we did that rather than play well and not win which we've done too often this season.

In the attached photo McGowan is the only outfield Dundee player in the far half because he walked straight up the tunnel without bothering to shake anyone's hand, his only contribution  to the game being to square up to people after a foul trying to provoke them so he could fall over. An utterly detestable wee scrotum of a man and I hope he gets the overdue shoeing that's coming to him. Big O'Dea did well considering he was on his period too, even my missus doesn't complain about literally everything but he must have a really heavy flow. That free kick where he tried to blast it against Doolan to get him booked and missed should be on every end of season highlight show.

Apology time from me, said for months I don't see it with Edwards but in the last 6-8 weeks he seems to have replaced the headless chicken and giving away 20 free kicks per game with turning into a proper #10, the wee dragback and meg in the second half was delightful tho I hate when our fans do ole's when we're < 4 goals up. Erskine up front doesn't work though if I'm being picky. And f**k me, we scored a free kick.

lol.jpg

Erskine and Doolan's relationship is easily our best attacking threat just now. Neither played that well tonight but their linkup play actually shows that they've been playing together for years, and there was a few moves in the first half where Dundee couldn't handle them. The two goals included.

I am now completely won over by Edwards, he was a joy to watch at times tonight. He ought to be out with exhaustion for a couple of weeks, but he'll no doubt be back for Killie.

Barton looks like one of our best ever signings just now, he's given a sense of composure that runs through the whole team. Strolled the entire game and won every header going.

If Dundee play like that for the rest of the season then they're down. The way we sat on our two goal lead and invited pressure is something other teams have punished us for, but we had the cigars out the whole second half. Our efforts seemed solely concentrated in bullying McGowan and O'Dea about, and we did so with much success.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Ground that out, not anywhere near our best but in a way its more encouraging we did that rather than play well and not win which we've done too often this season.

In the attached photo McGowan is the only outfield Dundee player in the far half because he walked straight up the tunnel without bothering to shake anyone's hand, his only contribution  to the game being to square up to people after a foul trying to provoke them so he could fall over. An utterly detestable wee scrotum of a man and I hope he gets the overdue shoeing that's coming to him. Big O'Dea did well considering he was on his period too, even my missus doesn't complain about literally everything but he must have a really heavy flow. That free kick where he tried to blast it against Doolan to get him booked and missed should be on every end of season highlight show.

Apology time from me, said for months I don't see it with Edwards but in the last 6-8 weeks he seems to have replaced the headless chicken and giving away 20 free kicks per game with turning into a proper #10, the wee dragback and meg in the second half was delightful tho I hate when our fans do ole's when we're < 4 goals up. Erskine up front doesn't work though if I'm being picky. And f**k me, we scored a free kick.

lol.jpg

Imagine winning the game and being raging that Gowser didn't shake hands.

Well that was all a bit gladiatorial. What I mean is that Dundee were the big lad with the net and the trident just lurching around throwing stuff and Thistle were the wee guy with the tiny shield and wee stabby sword.  

Hartley's not exactly a football man is he?

Just seen the highlights, doolans free kick which led to the first goal was very soft( at the time i thought it was a stick-on foul ) but in fairness how many have other teams got them against us, dare i say it but are we getting a bit more streetwise in these areas, but all in all what a great result c,mon the jags

Well that was all a bit gladiatorial. What I mean is that Dundee were the big lad with the net and the trident just lurching around throwing stuff and Thistle were the wee guy with the tiny shield and wee stabby sword.  
Hartley's not exactly a football man is he?

Partick Thistle 22 fouls
Dundee 9 fouls

Archived